• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller theft

jenn22

Earning My Ears
Do any of you worry about your stroller being stolen while leaving it to get on rides?

We are taking a double stroller and I just wonder how common it is for a stroller to go missing.

Any insight? or tips on keeping your stroller safe?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Make a sign for your stroller, hide your name and phone # somewhere too in case you need to 'prove' that the stroller is yours. I put an ID sticker in the top little storage case.
Just don't leave valuables like cameras and wallets in it. Jackets and diapers and stuff won't get touched.
Make sure to park your stroller in assigned 'stroller parking' areas. If you just leave it somewhere a CM or someone will come by and move it.

Have fun!

We've taken a stroller on 10 trips to WDW and never had a problem. Just remember that, even when you park it in a designated area, cast members often move the strollers around to make more room for others. You may have to look around to find it, so I like to tie a ribbon or use some other identifying marker to make it easier to spot.

We took ours in late April/early May of this year and had a Combi Twin Savvy LX and had no problems.
I know some have but we took the risk.
Rachel

Good tip to hide name/info somewhere, but honestly, we were there in 2005 for 10 days and 2007 for 8, and never had a problem with someone taking our stroller. However, yes, the CMs will occasionally move the strollers, (we had a few minutes of panic one trip because we weren't aware of this :confused:) so I agree with the OP, definitely tie a ribbon/scarf on yours, preferably a very bright or unusual color. I have used a bright orange ribbon or bandana, and boy did that help us.

Five trips, no problems... I do tie a bandanna around the handle so we can find it quicker. A couple of the rides, Safari comes to mind, you can keep your stroller through the first part of the line, and then a CM will take it and go park it for you.

I made a sign for my daughters stroller and never had a problem. Let me go see if I can find a pic for you.

Hopefully this works. Sorry for the glare on the picture and also I just put this sign into a plastic paper protector sleeve and uses ribbon to hang it off the stroller.

100_0598.jpg

Adorable sign! Thanks for the comments.
I have to make a cover for the sitting side of my stroller so my 2 yr. old doesn't get burned.
I think it will be enough of an identifier for us but I will do the hidden sticker too!.

I read in a book about disney that someone put a diaper in a plasic bag and poured root beer on it. They said nobody took their stoller.

Most of the time when stollers get stollen it is on accident. You could mark it with a bandana or something, so that nobody would take it on accident.

Hope

:thumbsup2

If you go to the Dis Design Forum, I am sure they have or can make custome signs for your stroller. I had one made for my suitcases & backpack for in the parks. ;)

Hopefully this works. Sorry for the glare on the picture and also I just put this sign into a plastic paper protector sleeve and uses ribbon to hang it off the stroller.

100_0598.jpg

HOW cute is that??? I love it! What a great idea!!!

If you go to the Dis Design Forum, I am sure they have or can make custome signs for your stroller. I had one made for my suitcases & backpack for in the parks. ;)

Great idea! I'll have to check it out. We plan on renting ours from an outside company but they make it very clear that if it's stolen, we're responsible for it. So the idea of someone taking the stroller makes me VERY nervous as well!

Never had a problem with our stroller, even with leaving items in the bottom basket. That is what makes the whole Disney experience so enjoyable and the Happiest Place on Earth :yay:

We have taken a stroller on 2 separate trips and everything was fine. We spray painted one wheel of it to be able to identify it just in case we needed to. That also made iit easier to find. There were times when I even left the Diaper bag in the bottom of it.

We've never had one walk away but when we fly and only take one stroller we take a bike lock.

I never lock it to anything just the wheels and we make sure we park in the right place for per CMs. DS#1 has special needs and 4 years old so he doesn't fit in just anything and not having his stroller is not an option. If it were taken even by mistake means we're heading off property to find the nearest retailer to drop another $500+ to finish the vacation. Just not a risk we really want to take. We've never had an issue with it being locked and altho we lock it in a way that it could be rolled on one wheel but you couldn't roll it with anyone in it.

We have taken over 20 trips to WDW with a Maclaren and a Baby Jogger stroller and have never had a problem. Our Maclaren was Hot Pink and the BJ is Lilac so that may help that it would be an easy one to spot but I think stroller theft is pretty rare.

No we never had ours taken, but I was worried about it so I made a type of "stroller tag" with my kids picture on it, out of iron-on transfer paper and ironed it onto the hood of our stroller. I also hide a sticky address label somewhere underneath one of the bars.
I borrowed the Mickey Disign from another diser and added my wording and picture and it was pretty prominent...many people commented on it and asked where I had it done-lol!
DISNEYSTROLLERTAG.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter