• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller Swap Emergency

ohanaMAMA

DIS Veteran
My sister is currently in Disney World and is in possesion of the stoller that has been passed from mom to mom. She is preparing to leave tommorow and would like to know what she should do with the stoller now!!!

thanks

In Mom2of2's thread, "Stroller Swap", there were at least two people who said they'd be there 4/5. Perhaps you could contact them and work something out?

I would write to momof2...if it becomes an emergency and she can't reach anyone..have her see if she can leave it at her resort front desk, with my name on it, and I'll pick it up on the 6th and sit for it early..be sure to let me know, and pm me, and I'll pm back with my name and cell phone number (and you can give me her name). I haven't been able to reach the person before me to make arrangements.

I have gotten your PM's and am trying to do what I can from this end. Unfortunately the person who ohanaMAMA was suppossed to swap with never bothered to read her PM's or answer my emails or anyones elses for that matter. I truly hope that you were able to get DMRick's info ohanaMAMA. We have all worked very hard to get this swap going and maintained and to have it fall apart this early in the game---swap 4 well it just bothers me. I had other pple who wanted the stroller for the same dates but it's way too late to contact them now for a swap since they are in transit to WDW.
I sincerely hope that if this swap gets saved that the swaps that follow are much smoother and easier.
I'm going to post to the orginal list that if you aren't able to contact your hand off person at least 2 days prior to leaving on your own trip that myself, Rileygirl or Kathleen FL get notified so that we can make other arrangements. You shouldn't be down at WDW worrying what to do with the stroller. This was suppossed to be a money saving, fun thing to do NOT a headache.
Thanks all!
mom2of2

I won't need your services, Mom2of2, but Bravo!:D You're providing a great service (and an interesting one, too)! Don't get discouraged, it will work out.

I'll be picking up the stroller from wherever it was left earlier than planned on the 6th, since the next person didn't reach anyone..but I need to know what hotel it's waiting for me at. Someone please let me know soon..I leave very very early Sunday morning, and won't have access to a computer while I'm down there. Plus, if the boards go down or get maintenance, I'd like to have the info early enough so I don't sweat it. Ohana..do you know where your sister left it, and if she put my name on it?

thanks DMrick for going above and beyond the call of duty, especially since you are just a stroller sitter. I know mom has pm's all over the place trying to figure out where that stroller is, so I hope you get that information!
Rileygirl

Hi,
I am not in the swap but I do know Dan Murhphy is there right now. He checks his email and PM maybe he could get the stroller and hold it till someone can get it. I think he is there till the 8th

He checks his email and PM maybe he could get the stroller and hold it till someone can get it.

I think the problem is..we don't know where it is. Disney resorts holds items I send ahead of time..so I'm sure they'll hold the stroller..if they know who they are holding it for. I'll be there Sunday (staying out of Dis the first 3 days).....and can pick it up at any hotel, on Sunday.

I arrive on Sunday too. We are having a mini dis meet on the 7th at Animal Kingdom 12:30 at Raffiki's planet! Just thought I would throw that out there!
This stroller swap is a great idea shame it has gotten off track so soon!
Good luck everyone!

about all of this and I just want to email everyone at this point and tell them how sorry I am that the swap has failed. I truly tried emailing and pming all involved in this dilemma but I haven't gotten a single response back. There isn't anything I can do now except that KathllenFL has a back up plan in the works. It might not take effect for a month so that affects a lot of swappers. I am going to give the swap till Saturday evening and if myself, Rileygirl, KathleenFL or DMRick haven't had an answer as to where the stroller is I will be pming everyone on the list to notify of the cancellation.
I tried everyone.....I really did.
I hope this gets turned around and the swap continues

mom2:(

Mom

we all tried our best, you worked especially hard to get this thing off the ground.....some things are just beyond our control..we must leave it up to fate, the magic of Disney, and perhaps some good luck. DMrick, if we hear anything between now and sunday, we will let you know.
Rileygirl

Thanks Rileygirl! I appreciate it! I feel bad that you lost so much money on the whole thing. As many of you may or may not know it wasn't just a stroller that Rileygirl supplied. She also had a bag filled with a scrapbook and tons of materials from scissors and tape to glue, stickers, construcion paper and so on. She then added zip locs, rain coats for adults as well as children, a Brita water bottle with about 4 extra filters, bubbles and handi wipes...She then gave me 5 char meal vouchers to use. I only used 4 and put the 5th in the bag as well as more ziplocs and some cookies and a few other what nots. All told there was more then $100 wrapped up in the stroller. At least I got to meet Rileygirl and KathleenFL out of the whole thing.

This is all SOOOOO sad because it was such a wonderfully generous idea to begin with..

I know personally that DMRick will go the extra mile to keep this thing going, but time is running short till she leaves!!

Does anyone have any further info for her?????????

mom2of2 and rileygirl-If I can be of any help with the stroller swap, i'd love to. I have a slightly used Combi Travel Savvy stroller that could be donated to the stroller swap when DH & I come down in mid-May. I know it wouldn't help for the next few weeks but thought I would offer. It looks like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2314561719&category=2989

but the areas that have the dotted fabric are just solid on mine. It was only used for our last trip to WDW and a couple of trips to the mall so it is in great condition. Here's more info on the stroller from the Combi site:
http://www.combistrollerstore.com/com20travsav.html
and this one shows opening and closing the stroller:
http://www.combistrollerstore.com/travelsavvy1.html
BTW-the bar can be removed easily and this holds up to 45 pounds.

I was going to eBay this one but if you guys can use it, I'll be happy to bring it along. Just pm me and let me know.

I hope for everyone's sake the person who is responsible for this steps forward and all is ok! :)

Aww I'm about to cry!!! I just want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart that has sent me emails of support, pm's offering sitting and more support and now Karen for your unbelievable generosity!!!! I hope and pray that the stroller can be found and salvaged along with the goodie bag! If it doesn't Karen we will definately take you up on your offer. I will get back to you. Please PM me with your email addy!

Thanks again!!!!
mom2

mom-I PMd you!

Also--I hope the original stroller is located as it is what started all this great camraderie, etc... and I think the idea is terrific. I have no problem donating mine though and ony wish it could get there sooner. I am leaving on 5/17, but if anyone in my area is leaving sooner I would be happy to arrange to hand it off locally if that would help. I live in the Rochester, NY and will be in Buffalo (williamsville & lancaster areas) in the next month or so. Perhaps if someone else is coming to WDW during spring break it could be there sooner???

HTH!! and pixie dust to find that original stroller!!!************

We've got the stroller back under control. It's in my name at Movies luggage assist..she must have gotten one of the messages...hurray!!!!! I'll be picking it up on Sunday, and dropping it to the next person (arrangelments have already been made).

Hooray!:Pinkbounc Hooray!:bounce:

I won't even be using it, but I'm so glad all is on track again! You all worked too hard to just let it go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter