• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller Rental Question

luckyfin

Coming out of hiding
I'm looking at purchasing a Baby Jogger City Mini. The easy fold won me over :thumbsup2. The new 2011 models have new colors so my options have expanded, however DH would like to buy the orange. I know that this stroller is used a lot by the local stroller rental companies. Do they generally use the orange or green colors, or a variety? The thing is- if they use much of the same color, I would rather purchase something different to increase my odds of finding the stroller quickly after something like Fantasmic. Anybody notice a trend in the colors?

I've noticed a lot of red strollers that are rentals. I also want one of these strollers but I'm waiting to see if we might need a double in the next few months. :love:

I've noticed a lot of red strollers that are rentals. I also want one of these strollers but I'm waiting to see if we might need a double in the next few months. :love:

Thanks! Good to know, since I was considering the red. Good luck with the double stroller, I hope you need it! :goodvibes

We bought our City Mini when they were first became available and chose the orange (my hubby's choice). When we started seeing the rentals in the parks, at first there were tons of orange singles and doubles. Now, on more recent trips I have been noticing less orange and more a variety of colors in both the singles and doubles like the green, red, etc.

I have seen the City Micro's being used by the rental companies as well. One color I haven't seen there yet though is the blue/black one. I bought that color for my brother's son at the same time we bought our and it the prettiest shade of blue! I am still so jealous that they have that color and not me. :rolleyes1 I have gotten bored with my orange/gray...I wish it was a brighter orange and had more orange and less gray!

I saw the new 2011 colors coming out and already told my DH that I am selling our orange Mini and buying one in purple instead! We have owned a stroller in every color but purple so far! LOL

I'd love to purchase one of these strollers because my daughter might only be 6 she still gets easily tired walking long distances and instead of hearing her whine and cry it's much easier to have a stroller than to carry her around. She only weighs 41lbs right now.

I bought a BJCM recently in red and LOVE it. My friend has a black one, and my other friend has the orange one. The purple one isn't coming out until the spring. But when it does I just might have to buy the skin for it because it's gorgeous!!!

If you are looking to purchase one, look for a 2010 deal. The 2011's are out and they are priced a little higher. The additional features on the '11s are a pull up strap - which people don't like because this cannot be velcroed AND still be able to fold the stroller, and the PE board is included which makes the back of the seat less slouchy.

You can buy a belly bar which allows the child to pull themselves forward when they want to sit up (my 9 month old has been doing this for a couple of months with our stroller) and you can get your own inserts to put in the back of the seat to make it less slouchy. I used a couple of binders (minus the rings). Worked like a charm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter