• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller Rental 3 kids

MarthaTracks

Earning My Ears
I have 3 kids (ages 2 1/2, 5, and 6). We will be going to the MK for 2 days in July and staying at the Contemporary. A few questions:

1. Will there be double strollers available in the park if we arrive after the rope drop?

2. Should we have a stroller for all 3 kids? I plan on getting one for the younger 2 but should I consider a single for the other child?

Everyone is different, but we never used a stroller for our kids past the age of 2 at Disney. Too cumbersome. When they were younger (2-4 years old) we would just make sure they had good shoes and took breaks when they needed them. Yes, I did end up with my daughter on my shoulders at times, but that was a lot easier.

Depends on your kids more than anything, but I'd absolutely hate having to deal with 2 strollers.

My kids never used the stroller at the MK past the age of 3. There isn't that much walking compared to the rest of the parks. We were there last June with twins who were 4 and we didn't use a stroller at all the whole trip. Everyone slept well!!

My kids never used the stroller at the MK past the age of 3. There isn't that much walking compared to the rest of the parks. We were there last June with twins who were 4 and we didn't use a stroller at all the whole trip. Everyone slept well!!

Not much walking? It's huge!

Anyways I think a double is good. The little a ones will probably want out and the older one can sit in there if they need a break. We always take strollers. I don't like carrying stuff, kids included :)

We rented a double, at times we had one riding, sometimes two, sometimes three piled in together...and sometimes none! :) i feel like it made leaving easier, I knew where all the kids were and wasnt worried about losing them in mass exiting from the parks. Once we dropped the stroller the youngest was always carried and the bigger two held an adults hand till we made it to bus area. My dh laughs at the way the kids know my routine better then he. The four of us can make it through a crowd easily! :)

Not much walking? It's huge!

Anyways I think a double is good. The little a ones will probably want out and the older one can sit in there if they need a break. We always take strollers. I don't like carrying stuff, kids included :)

Yep. I agree. There is lots of walking. I would just rent one double and let the 5 and 6 year old take turns when needed.

I knew where all the kids were and wasnt worried about losing them in mass exiting from the parks.

This is the biggest reason why I have my 4 year old grandson in a stroller. My own kids, at that age, walked. The parks have become so crowded over the years that it's much more secure to have the kids in strollers.

We adults often get separated in the crowds, even just walking around the park. At exit time, I would pile all three kids in the double stroller for the walk through that insanity.

I hadn't even considered piling all three of them in together. I just looked up a picture of the double rental and with the bench seat, it does make it more feasible. :cool1:

Can you reserve and pay for a stroller ahead of your arrival or do I have to wait in the crazy long line?

Disney's strollers don't recline for napping. You can rent a reclining stroller in advance of arriving and have it delivered to your hotel. (Or bring your own.) My 4 year old who doesn't normally nap, napped at WDW - he was wore out :). My 7 year old begged to sit in the stroller from his feet hurting from all of the walking, but he was only allowed if our 4 year old didn't want to be in there. Our 22 month old got the stroller full time, as she rarely asked to get out to walk. She, of course, did walk from the stroller parking to the rides. So, we managed with a double stroller, but our oldest was 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter