Stroller Question

dbug209

Mouseketeer
We will be in WDW Feb 2012 with our DD 23 months at the time of travel. Which stroller would you recommend (not an umbrella stroller) light weight, something that folds up easy, and easy to transfer on and off the buses? Also inexpensive!

OH and we will be flying and gate checking the stroller.

Thanks so much for any info!

I LOVE my baby jogger city mini double stroller...so lightweight and very easy to steer! I know they make a single and if the mini is too heavy for you they also make a micro which is less $$$$. I think the mini is worth the value though because it is more padded thus more comfortable for naps!!!:)

I like my Perego Pliko P3. It has an umbrella fold, but is so much more than an umbrella stroller.

It has a child's tray, adjustable footrest, great recline, huge sun canopy, extendable handles, storage basket and it can stand upright when folded.

I bought mine at www.albeebaby.com

OP, a little more info would be helpful. Is this a stroller for one trip to WDW or will you use it later? When you say inexpensive where is your price point?

Here are my recommendations for you. One of the first years strollers, either jet or ignite. They are umbrella like but not your $15 WalMart umbrella. Both fold easily, have 50lb. weight limits and get great reviews on these boards. Under $60 on amazon and may be found cheaper on sale sometimes.

Something you want to keep and use multiple times or for another child, baby jogger citi mini or britax b-agile. Both under $250 on amazon. Citi mini very popular on these boards but b-agile newer and baby gizmo gave b-agile a slight edge. Both non umbrella style with one handed folds.

Or, bring a cheapie WalMart umbrella stroller for use in the airport and rent a citi mini from an offsite company for use for your stay. This will give you the great push of the citi mini if you are not wanting to make the commitment to buying the stroller.

I LOVE my baby jogger city mini double stroller...so lightweight and very easy to steer! I know they make a single and if the mini is too heavy for you they also make a micro which is less $$$$.

Not a good choice for airline travel, as the double weighs over 20 pounds (26.6), thus cannot be gate checked on a number of airlines. Also not exactly inexpensive!

Not a good choice for airline travel, as the double weighs over 20 pounds (26.6), thus cannot be gate checked on a number of airlines. Also not exactly inexpensive!

I think only American Airlines is cracking down on the over 20 pound strollers.

OP have you looked at the g-luxe? It is an umbrella but it has a great shade and good recline and adjustable handles.

Some of the higher end macclarens and cybex also.

If you don't need another stroller at home or to use for future trips/children, I would just rent a citi mini from Kingdom Strollers ($60 for a week).

I think only American Airlines is cracking down on the over 20 pound strollers.

OP have you looked at the g-luxe? It is an umbrella but it has a great shade and good recline and adjustable handles.

Some of the higher end macclarens and cybex also.

I have a 2011 G Luxe and it's a great stroller, but it doesn't have adjustable handles... It does have an adjustable footrest :confused3 Am I missing something?
I'd suggest renting a City Mini from Magic Stroller Rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter