• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller Question - Maclaren Triumph or Quest

katied

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
I had a Maclaren Triumph, which it appears the airline has lost on our last trip (missing 2 weeks now). So, assuming it's not found in the next few weeks, I need to buy a new stroller for our upcoming Disney trip. I loved my Triumph (I got a great deal when I bought it too). But, I'm wondering if I should by a Quest as a replacement.

My DS is 12 months, and will be 13 1/2 months at the time of the trip. I like the recline a bit better on the Quest, and think it may be easier for him to nap.

Any thoughts on the pros/cons of the two strollers?

Thanks!!

I bought a Quest for our DD(now 6mos) and love it. My friend has the Triumph. I like the recline better on the Quest- I actually think it has an extra recline spot, the Triumph only has a snap to undo and let down. I also like the extenders on the Quest for DD right now. Her little legs dont hang down but rest on the extended seat. www.albeebaby has them for a great price right now. They have the blue Quest Mod for $119 with free s & h. I have the pink one and love it. It also came with the snap on rain cover.

DS is 2.5 and loves his Quest, as do we. Light, easy to unfold with one hand while holding him in the other, and rainshield came with it.

I love my Quest....I looked at the triumph but felt like the Quest had a deeper seat and I liked the recline better....

I had a Triumph and just got rid of it and bought the Quest. So much better for the following reasons.
the leg rest extends
the seat reclines more
there is a pocket on the back of the seat

Hope this helps

Thanks! I think I'll get the Quest. That's the way I was leaning, and this helped convince me it's the right decision.

I've been thinking about getting a maclaren also ... and was wondering if the handle bars are tall? With the stroller I have now, I have to lean down a little bit to push. I'd like to find a good stroller that doesn't need any handle extendors. Also, are the maclaren strollers good for older / tall kids (4 yrs)?

Thanks!

I have found the stroller handles to be high enough for me and my husband. I am 5'6" and my husband is 6'4". He does have to bend down some but he is very tall so he has to on any stroller.
Yes, they are good for 4yo. I have a 5yo and we use it for her. She is about 45" tall and weighs 50 lbs.

I have found the stroller handles to be high enough for me and my husband. I am 5'6" and my husband is 6'4". He does have to bend down some but he is very tall so he has to on any stroller.
Yes, they are good for 4yo. I have a 5yo and we use it for her. She is about 45" tall and weighs 50 lbs.

Thanks. I'm 5'6" also ... so it sounds like it will work well. I checked out albeebaby.com, but they only have girl patterns in stock. (I have 2 boys, 2.5yrs and almost 5) I found a seller on ebay that is selling them new for pretty good prices, but I was wondering if anyone knows of somewhere else they would be on sale.

I bought mine off ebay for 89.99 + 30 shipping for the Quest. Came in original box and it came in about 4-5 days. Would recommend this to you. I looked at Babiesrus first and it was 189.99 (?). I forgot who I bought it from off ebay but it was one that is still selling. Either babyproductstore or maxoty. I am going to by a Volo for my DD5 from ebay also.

I just got a 20% off Babies R US coupon - the Quest is 199.99, so w/ discount and sales tax, will be about $171. Ebay sounds better.

I forgot who I bought it from off ebay but it was one that is still selling. Either babyproductstore or maxoty. I am going to by a Volo for my DD5 from ebay also.

There is an Ebay Seller that is actually Albee Baby and I am pretty sure it is one of the two listed above in your post. I just can't remember the exact one. So if you see what you want on Ebay, both of those are good sellers. :wizard:

There is an Ebay Seller that is actually Albee Baby and I am pretty sure it is one of the two listed above in your post. I just can't remember the exact one. So if you see what you want on Ebay, both of those are good sellers. :wizard:

It's not Maxoty ;)

I guess I am the odd one who liked my Triumph better than my Quest. I loved the carry strap on the Triumph and Volo, and do not like the handle on the Quest. It was so much simpler to throw it over my shoulder when folded up, and it wasn't like carrying a long package, worrying about hitting someone. The recline feature is a little better on the Quest, but the Triumph worked just fine for us.

We use the Techno now, after using it with the larger wheels, even the other Macs seem hard to push. It has the handle I don't like, but I roll it folded, and never use the handle.

I vote for the quest. I felt like the triumph was too tricky to recline if my DD fell asleep and I wanted to recline her without waking her.

Also, the rainshield that it comes with I never use. When we were in Disney in March, it was pouring and thankfully, I bought one of those covers that goes over the whole stroller--one of those graco $10 ones. Otherwise, it would have been soaked all on top. I think the rainshield that it comes with is great for windy cold days in the city but not enough coverage for rain. Just my opinion!

I have had both Triumph and Quest. Yes, the carrying strap on the Triumph is nice, but you can buy a luggage strap at Target and attach it onto the stroller. It may not be the same but it helps. I still like the Quest better.

I purchased a triumph from "babyproductstore" on ebay and I love it! Thank you to everyone who recommended and gave info about the maclaren strollers. The price came to $115 with shipping.

I have a question for those of you who already have a triumph. The directions for folding the stroller back up say to push up the footplate, then push down on the second lock lever. When I push on the second lever, it doesn't release. I have to push up on the bar that folds to make the stroller collapse. Is this typical for the triumph? I just want to make sure my stroller isn't broken in some way.

Thanks

I do not have this issue with my Triumph. I push up on the footplate, down on the other, and then if I start to push it, it starts to collapse. Maybe it starts to release and can collapse, and you just don't realize it?

wow ... thanks for the fast replies. I was trying it out inside and didn't have shoes on, so maybe I wasn't pressing hard enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter