Stroller on board

Stimpy

<font color=red>Is a WONDERFUL Mommy! The TF says
We're bringing my dd's small stroller with us. It folds up compactly, so I'm not worried about it taking up too much room in the stateroom. I'm just curious, how does DCL handle getting on and off the ship? Do we have to fold up the stroller and send it through the security machines or do they visually check it for you? :confused3

At the terminal I believe we sent it through the screener. But, when getting back on board from a port, they let us push it through the detector.

Also, you can borrow strollers from Guest Services. They require a deposit (on your room bill) and it is refunded when you return the stroller. I believe the deposit was $100. It was a nice clean stroller with a basket underneath.

Yes, once you are checked into the terminal you do not have to fold up the strollers each time you get back on the ship. That was so nice! The strollers onboard were very nice IMO and sturdy.

We didn't even ask about one until Tuesday on our 7 day & they had plenty available. We just used it for the morning in Grand Cayman so we wouldn't have to carry either of the kids since we only brought one. We didn't need it for Cozumel because we came up with a better solution...DS stayed on board in the clubs & had alot more fun. :)

Does anyone have a picture of these strollers? How well do they fold up?

Debting of we should be our own or borrow DCL's with required deposit. We going on the day Wonder and planning on taking a taxi to Atlantis for some site seeing. Just curious to know how compact .

The DCL strollers are definitely not compact. They have a big basket underneath and the sunshade. They also have the big wheels to make it easier to push them along. I just found a picture of the stroller. Give me a couple minutes to get it posted. :)

3435894%3B23232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2324%3D4%3B%3B%3D338%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B%3A92%3B795ot1lsi

The DCL loaner strollers are by Graco.

We brought our own umbrella stroller, but on Castaway Cay day I remembered that we could borrow one, so I went to Guest Services. I asked the CM if it would be strong enough to hold a 40 lb child, and he brought it out for me to examine and make my own assessment.

We actually ended up being able to put BOTH our kids in the stroller at the same time when it was fully reclined, which was handy - DS 20 months in the back and DD 4 1/2 in front of him. They thought it was great! He weighs about 26 lbs, she weighs about 36 lbs, and we had no problems at all.

We used a Disney stroller on the day at Nassau...worked great...very sturdy. We didn't need to "reserve" it at all..just stopped by GS the morning we were in Nassau and checked it out.

The only thing i have to say about those who bring their own strollers...Please don't park them in the hallways...they are yours and should be kept in your statroom if not being used. It became very frustrating getting around the stollers parked in the halls when going back to our stateroom. I can undersand if your just running in to us the potty, or for a quick change...but for hours and over night... JMO...but be curtious and keep it in your stateroom when not used.

scrapperjill said:
The only thing i have to say about those who bring their own strollers...Please don't park them in the hallways...they are yours and should be kept in your statroom if not being used. It became very frustrating getting around the stollers parked in the halls when going back to our stateroom. I can undersand if your just running in to us the potty, or for a quick change...but for hours and over night... JMO...but be curtious and keep it in your stateroom when not used.

ITA with this! We were really surprised to see how many strollers were left in the hallways. It was difficult maneuvering around them with out our own stroller, I imagine it would be a real pain with one!

The DCL loaner stroller looks just like the one we have and are bringing with us LOL Maybe I can exchange our messy one with one of their clean ones on the last day ;) YES I AM KIDDING!!!

scrapperjill said:

I totally agree with this. I would think it's a safety hazard too. Also what about the poor people in wheelchairs? All those strollers in the hallway must make it very difficult for them to move around too.

I had no idea people did this!! I didn't see one stroller in the hallway on our trip. We brought our little umbrella strollers with us and used them almost every day and every time we left the stateroom. The ship is large and there's a lot of walking involved, my kids just couldn't do all that walking. DH pushed on and I pushed the other. We paid $11 for ours at home and at the terminal we just had to take the kids out and push it through the detector. Once my son was sleeping and they just let us push it through with him in it. :goodvibes

I wouldn't want to put a $100 deposit on anything - what if it got lost or stolen - that's alot of vacation money to be held in limbo - JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter