Stroller Jacking! Bait Car - Disney Style

We always buy a mickey hand balloon the first day we head to a park and tie that to our stroller for the day. Makes it easy to spot from far away and harder for someone to take without us noticing (though still possible). We've never had an issue (knock on wood). And just reuse it each day at the different parks (except AK).

If they were right by the exit, then the strollers were probably ditched, but we parked our stroller near the entrance and left it during afternoon breaks. We always found it when we returned, luckily.

We always do this too. So far our rental stroller is always there when we return from our afternoon breaks.

Has anyone rented from the Orlando Stroller rental? My almost 5 yr old doesn't use a stroller anymore so we don't own one but the ones at Disney look uncomfortable. If so, any ideas on the price compared to Disney?

We just had our Peg Perego Pliko 4 stroller stolen at MK last Sunday. We got to the park an hour before at dinner at CRT for my daughter's birthday so we stopped at the theater to see Mickey since the wait was only 5 minutes. We come out to see our stroller is gone. The cast member helped us look for it but it was gone.

This is just wrong.

We just had our Peg Perego Pliko 4 stroller stolen at MK last Sunday. We got to the park an hour before at dinner at CRT for my daughter's birthday so we stopped at the theater to see Mickey since the wait was only 5 minutes. We come out to see our stroller is gone. The cast member helped us look for it but it was gone.

This is just wrong.

Wow..... :headache: :sick:

Has anyone rented from the Orlando Stroller rental? My almost 5 yr old doesn't use a stroller anymore so we don't own one but the ones at Disney look uncomfortable. If so, any ideas on the price compared to Disney?

You should check Apple Scooters. They just started renting strollers & have a crazy deal. The stroller is free, they are just charging $5 a day for the insurance. FIVE dollars!

Kellykins1218 said:
You should check Apple Scooters. They just started renting strollers & have a crazy deal. The stroller is free, they are just charging $5 a day for the insurance. FIVE dollars!

Wow - thanks for posting this. I was waffling between bringing our own or renting, but for that price I'm renting.

We run a stroller lock through the back wheels so they won't turn. Someone would look pretty silly trying to wheel a stroller out of the park using only the front wheels. The CMs can still move it, but they only move them a short distance. We never leave anything that even looks valuable in them. And we tie bright ribbons on them (we found that using balloons was a pain because they kept hitting us in the face.)

I found that last week! I thought the balloon was so brilliant. I didn't think it was an original idea, but I thought it was smart until I started walking with the balloon tied to the stroller. Every couple of steps I was smacked in the face. I was not so bright in that I went 2 days dealing with it before I finally decided to remove the balloon.

We used 2 leis from Ohana and several strands of Mardi Gras beads, in addition to the tag from the stroller rental company (I used an offsite rental company).

I was sometimes evil about that. A few years ago over the winter I was working at Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Sometimes my assignment involved straightening out the strollers in Stroller Parking.

If I found strollers that were illegally parked, such as blocking the stairs, I would move them to Stroller Parking but not the Indiana Jones area. It might have ended up at Hollywood & Vine's parking area.

You are now my favorite poster on the board. :thumbsup2

Kellykins1218 said:
I'm not sure how long they're offering it but, if you're reserving soon, it's an amazing deal.

According to the website the deal is good until 2/28, but you can reserve through November.

I just booked our stroller for the whole time we are there for $35. Thanks to the OP of this steal of a deal.

Got mine reserved for April. 6 days for $31! Thats crazy. Ill have to remember to bring my crazy colored duct tape to mark it and maybe even my bike lock. Cant believe how good the deal is. Hope nothing changes before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter