Stroller for 2 kids under 5?

Derby

Mouseketeer
What kind of stroller did you use if you have 2 kids under the age of 5? My kids will either be 1 and 4 or 2 and 5 depending on when we go. We have a Prius so space is limited to say the least. I was contemplating either renting a City Mini Double for the days we will be at the parks, bringing a First Years Ignite single stroller, or somehow figuring out how to bring my Graco Ready2Grow sit and stand stroller (though this last option seems dubious). The last time we went, I wore the baby in an Ergo almost the whole time and my older one was in the stroller or an adult carried her (my parents went with us). This time, there is no way the toddler will be in the Ergo and we probably won't have extra adults with us.

We've done it two ways. We did a few trips where we brought our Graco Metrolite stroller for our toddler DD and an umbrella stroller for our preschooler DS (they were 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 for those trips). It worked out well and when our preschooler didn't want to be in the stroller we were able to to fold it and put it in the basket of the larger Metrolite. The one problem was that the umbrella stroller doesn't handle as well as the Metrolite, and it was a bear to navigate over railroad tracks at MK. I've read similar complaints from many on this board.

When we went last year and they were ages 3 and 5 we rented the City Mini Double GT which I highly recommend - it was by far the best stroller I've ever used. It seemed to fold up pretty thin and fit easily in the back of a minivan. You should be able to find the dimensions online before you rent to ensure it will fit in your Prius.

last year and in a few months we'll be using the same thing, 2 single strollers. I have a cruddy Jeep one that DH will push:lmao: and a Combi that I'll push.

My kids were 1 and 4 last year and will be 2 and 5 this year :) I thought about bringing the double jogging stroller but it'll be a pain getting on the bus and monorail and pushing through the crowds and stores.

Last year we brought a double jogging stroller for DD6 and DS3. It worked out fine but it was a bit clunky on the bus. It took up a lot of room in the van too. This year we are taking two first years jet umbrella strollers. I don't think DD will need it all the time but we will have it just in case. It folds up easily and is very lightweight so the bus will be a breeze even with two of them!

We have a Combi Twin Sport which is great but I doubt it would fit well in a Prius. It may be best to rent.

We have Combi Urban single strollers we used for our older kids at 2.5yo and 3.5yo. We still have them for trips with the two younger kids. We liked having the ability to split up if needed and being able to tri-fold strollers compactly for buses. We carry everything we need in a small backpack for DH and crossbody purse, so we don't need to use the stroller storage baskets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter