Stroller Decision

SarahSs

Mouseketeer
I know all you Dis'ers will have some good input for me...I can't decide which stroller to bring. We leave in less than two weeks :yay: and I still can't make a decision: Graco Quattro Tour or Combi Cosmo EX?? I have a 6 month old daughter.
The graco is comfortable and has lots of storage but may be a pain in the butt to fold up on crowded busses, and heavy at 27lbs.
The Combi is only like 12 pounds and folds up really small but has almost no space for storage, and no cup holders on the handle, plus DH is 6' tall and has a hard time pushing it b/c it is too short for him (its fine for me @ 5' tall but I don't want to do all the pushing all week long)
So I guess the question is: What is more important?? Easy on/off the busses OR Places to put bags, cups ect....
I would appreciate any opinions
Thanks in advance
Sarah:banana:

Honestly, I would probably go with the one that's truly easier to push (if one outperforms the other), since that's really what you'll be doing with it. If they're truly equal in that area, I'd used the Combi - lighter is better when traveling.

Which ever is lighter and easier to deal with on the bus. You can send your packages/purchases to your resort and having no storage forces you to keep things light.

or....

You can go to Wal-mart or K-Mart and get a cheapie that has it all for about $40. Just make sure it reclines, has storage, and is lightweight.

Have fun!

We are using a Mac for our 3 yr old and a Combi for our 10 month old. Having the smaller, lighter weight ones are easier to maneuver thru crowds, easier/faster to deal with on the buses & airport. The buses can be packed it's esier to have a smaller stroller and not deal with people's dirty looks! Pick up some of thos "S" hooks at babies r' us for hanging bags on the handles if you need to. They also have saddle bags for strollers that lack space for stuff.

Im going to be the outcast here. I would use the Quattro. The reason I say this is the baby is only 6 months old. She will need to be in something comfortable since she cant get out and walk and and the Quattro will lay all the way flat for napping. The basket is HUGE will be nice for the diaper bag and all the other baby necessities. It is heavy, but not hard to fold at all and does fold flat, although bigger than a lightweight stroller. I think for older kids who wont be in the stroller most of the day and dont require a lot of "stuff" (diapers, wipes, pacis, bottles, change of clothes, etc.) the lightweight strollers are the way to go but for little ones...I would use what is more comfortable.

Thanks for your replies. We are heading to our local six flags this weekend, I am going to bring the Graco and see if I feel that the extra room is necessary. I think I we will probably use it because of the height/pushing issue DH really hates to push the Combi.

Combi's are a pain to push. We had one years ago and NO ONE wanted to push the darn thing. I would definately take the Graco. It may be heavier, but you are only folding it up to get it on the bus for a short10-15 min ride. Then you will have much more time where you are just pushing it and you wont get nearly as frustrated with it as with the Combi. I agree that with such a small baby that you would want the more comfy stroller with more storage for all baby's needs. We traveled with our DD3mos this past Jan. and took the big Evenflo stroller. It wasnt as bad as you think. I carried baby and diaper bag on the bus and DH got the stroller.

I have a graco and was dead set against taking it to disney since we're using the buses the whole time. It's huge, although not as bad as a double, and we dreaded the thought of loading it on a crowded bus. Anyhow, I recently purchased the combi dx and was very excited since it folds up well, comfortable, has a full recline (very important for us) and is light weight. Well, after pushing dd (11 months) around in it thru the house a few times, I decided it wasn't going to work. It's a lovely stroller, but it was a little harder to push than my graco, the handles are not quite as high (we're 5'7 and 6'0), and we decided we couldn't live without the parent tray and cup holders for a whole week at disney. I got it half off at Target, so I was really tempted to keep it, but in the end it went back. I think we'll be glad we went with the larger one. The true test will come in a little over a week. :dance3:

I vote Quattro. I actually have both of those strollers and last trip opted for the quattro over the combi. IMO, the quattro folds easily, it's just a little heavy. You're on the buses for a short enough time to deal with the weight for the added benefit of extra storage in the parks (for diaper bag, water, etc), easier push, full recline, larger/more comfy seat, etc.

I bought a Peg Parego stroller when I took my DGD to Disney last fall and you get all the good things with it and none of the bad. It only weights 11 pounds. It folds up and out with just one hand. It has a nice large basket to carry stuff. It has a drink holder. It reclines all the way down or any place along the way you decide to put it. It has a nice tray for cheerios or snacks which swings out of the way when you want to take the child out. IMHO it is far better than the mac because of the extras and far better than the quatro because of the weight. The other really big issue is how it pushes - which is with the push of one finger! And it is high enough for a taller person to be comfie pushing it. We pushed it all over Disney and onto boats and monorails and buses and taxis. It is terrific.

Skip the combi. definatley. for Dh's sake. Here's the one I'd recommend:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2671817

It has all the features you could need at WDW, including a snap off tray, for when your child wants to climb in and out easily. It doesnt fold up umbrella style, you its light enough to carry in one hand. And at $40, you wont worry everytime you leave it unattended.

Oh yeh, dont forget to pick this bad boy up while youre at it. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2342859

Thanks again for all of your input. After a day at Six Flags we decided on the Graco. :thumbsup2 Just gotta have the extra room for cameras, diaper bag, cups, plus its more comfortable for DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter