• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller at 7?

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
My DD had a stroller last year at the age of 6, which worked fine. She isn't a great walker and the little hood helped keep off some of the heat. I asked her if she wants one again this year - thinking that she might say that she is too old for one now - but she says she does. Do you think she is a little too old for this now? P.S. We leave tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigby we rented a stroller for my seven year old on our trip earlier this month. He is a good walker but the parks are so big that we decided to rent one for him as we were also renting one for his little brother. He had a blast tooling around in it when he wanted to and walking when he wanted to. It was invaluable when we needed to get from one place to another quickly such as when it started pouring while we were there and one day when we were delayed getting to our PS at Rose and Crown. It was nice to be able to put him in the....I hate to call it a stroller for an older child...stroller and dart off to where we needed to get to.

Took my son when he was 7 (also was not a big walker) and ended up renting a stroller after the 1st day of carrying him because he was tired. I wished I had brought my umbrella stroller which cost only $14 because I ended up spending $20 on stroller fees and wasting precious time waiting in those very long lines. It would have helped in the airport too! Are you renting a car? If so you can just stop @ Walmart down there to grab one.

We will be having this same problem on our trip. DD will be about 61/2. She is a good walker and we call her the energizer bunny but I know she will get tired too. So we have 2 strollers we bring with us. I very small light weight one my DS fits in then the true blue stroller she can ride in. I know many people on these boards feel kids that age should walk but personally if it makes everyone happy then bring it! You can find cheap strollers everywhere. If you do plan on renting you could start the day with out one and see how it goes. You may not need one at MK but would at Epcot so that could save you money if you wait and get one only when you think he needs it.
Shame they don't rent wagons then it wouldn't seem like such a big deal wagons are kewl!

Why do some people think that a 7 y.o. should walk and shouldn't have a stroller? I don't understand this- is it because if you rent a stroller, that's one less stroller for the little kids? I'm sure Disney has enough to go around, don't they? Why would anyone care what someone else is doing w/their 7 y.o. in a stroller? Its not like they are 12 and in a stroller. I agree that if your child fits into the stroller and won't be too big for it, break it, etc., then what's the big deal? That family is happy and doing what is best for them.

I think a lot of 7 year olds would be happier at Epcot if they were in a stroller!

I have read on hre more thna once people that thnik no child old enough to walk should be in a stroller. These of course would be usually the smae ones complaining about childrne whinning at the end of the day because they are worn out from walking every where. Do what you need to for your family and odn't worry about another persons opnion. I am just about to buy a new stroller for our 4 yr old. The old stroller has a bad wheel and we might not use one daily anymore but we do use it at the mall, amusement parks etc. DD even prefers to sit in one at DS's baseball games. And hey lets admit it a stroller come in very handy to carry around all the stuff you need with kids. Not long ago some were complaining about seeing the kids walking and the stroller full of stuff. If my child wants to walk for a while what harm is there in that? If I had no stroller and a 4 yr old at the mall(or WDW or where ever) how would I hold on to her with a hand full of packages? Like I said do what is comfortable for your family and don't let a few people's opinions get the best of you.

Our DD also used a stroller in the parks when she was 7. She asked for it, and it really helped her enjoy the parks more. Once when she was 9, a CM even offered us a stroller which had been abandoned toward the end of the day. At first we tried to decline it but he assured us that she wasn't too big! If it's OK with the CMs and it's OK with you, don't worry what anyone else thinks. Just go and have a great time! :D

Feel much happier with this after reading these posts - thanks a lot

We are going in February with three kids ages 1, 5 and 7. I am actually bringing my double stroller. I can see it now - the older two will be fighting over who gets to sit in the stroller!! I know at some point both of them will end up in the stroller and the baby will end up being carried by me or my husband. Oh well...

We bring a stroller for 6 yo and this last trip my 9 yo said that she thinks that we should rent a double stroller so she can sit when she gets tired! :p This was in Epcot so I can understand!

Our dd was 7.5 yo on last WDW trip in April 2001 ~ we rented her a stroller daily and I think it added 4 hours to our days at the parks! She was rested and able to carry on with lots of energy!

I personally think that age has nothing to do with "the great stroller debate". It seems that it depends entirely on the child (their size, stamina, ability to handle crowds). As for us, our 7 year old is the size of the average 4 year old ..... she weighs 38 pounds and is 43" tall. She is simple incapable of keeping up with us and holding her own in the crowds ...... that is why she is 7 and still tooling around in the stroller!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter