• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller and castaway cay 5k?

Icataldoboysmomma

Earning My Ears
Anyone know If jogging strollers are permitted in the castaway cay 5k? I read somewhere on here that there was a place where you could borrow one...just wasn't sure if that applied to the run also.

Anyone know If jogging strollers are permitted in the castaway cay 5k? I read somewhere on here that there was a place where you could borrow one...just wasn't sure if that applied to the run also.

I noticed someone pushing a stroller on our 5K a week ago. But I assumed it was her own stroller. Not sure where you would get one if you don't bring your own.

Jodie

Yes, they are allowed and yes, there are some at Castaway Cay. There is an area with jogging strollers, wagons, and beach wheelchairs. They are first-come, first-served, but usually the folks doing the run are some of the first to get on the island, so grabbing a stroller shouldn't be too hard. You will pass this area on the way to the start of the run.

hpsalb said:
Yes, they are allowed and yes, there are some at Castaway Cay. There is an area with jogging strollers, wagons, and beach wheelchairs. They are first-come, first-served, but usually the folks doing the run are some of the first to get on the island, so grabbing a stroller shouldn't be too hard. You will pass this area on the way to the start of the run.

Thanks for the info

Yah! I've been wondering if we should bring our jogger. Answer is now yes!!

Kids under 12 are not allowed to participate in the CC5K due to insurance reasons. But when I did it last August, the CM said just not to sign them up - they would not get the certificate nor bib. Ie, they would look away so to speak...

That said, note the circuit. There's no shade at all. Mostly you are running down an airstrip runway. There's a few water stations, but you should beware of the weather conditions. It does get hot and humid..

Does anyone know if strollers are still allowed? A fellow cruiser on an upcoming cruise received an email from DCL saying no strollers and no one under 12.

Kids under 12 are not allowed to participate in the CC5K due to insurance reasons. But when I did it last August, the CM said just not to sign them up - they would not get the certificate nor bib. Ie, they would look away so to speak...

Did you do this? My 10 year old REALLY wants to join his dad. They run 5k's together all the time. We've already told him that he can't go, so I would hate to try the above strategy and have to deal with his disappointment all over again!

I thought I read somewhere that under 12 can only participate if in a stroller.

My husband and I are really hoping to run the Castaway Cay 5k during our 1st Disney Cruise this October. I emailed runDisney today to see if they can confirm the 5k will be happening during our stay on Castaway Cay and if running strollers will be available. I will follow-up on this thread with their response.

My husband and I are really hoping to run the Castaway Cay 5k during our 1st Disney Cruise this October. I emailed runDisney today to see if they can confirm the 5k will be happening during our stay on Castaway Cay and if running strollers will be available. I will follow-up on this thread with their response.

I just wanted to follow-up on my previous post. Here is the information I received from Disney Cruise Lines...

"Whenever the Disney Cruise Line ship is in port at Castaway Cay, Guests
12 years and older may join the Cruise Staff for a 5K run (not a race).
Guests should check their Personal Navigator for more information. You
do not pre-reserve the 5k run on the internet ahead of time.

The start time is based on the ship's arrival at Castaway Cay. The end
time depends on how long it takes a Guest to run the 5K. There is a
clock at the start and end so Guests can record their time. Guests
receive a racing bib and a special keepsake, to commemorate their
accomplishment.

Guest Services on the ship has a limited number of strollers available
on a first-come, first-serve basis. The stroller can be used for the
duration of the cruise both onboard and ashore. The strollers are not
able to be pre-reserved.

The comfortable three-wheeled jogger style stroller folds easily and
offers an adjustable sun canopy. Storage space is available in the mesh
pouch located on the back of the seat. The strollers can be adjusted
into an upright or reclining position and are collapsible.

When a stroller is obtained, a $200 deposit fee is charged to your
onboard folio at the time of rental. Once the stroller is returned, the
$200 charge is removed.

If you prefer, you may also bring your own stroller. Although there is
no private storage available during your cruise, you may store your
stroller in your stateroom when not in use."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter