Stressing about the weather - September

o0IrishEyes0o

September 6, 2007
Okay. So... just because I dont have enough to stress about as it is :confused:, I'm starting to get upset about the weather, lol.

Why did I pick an afternoon wedding in September? Aren't afternoon showers a common thing during that month? What was I thinking?

We're getting married on Sept 6 at 2:30 at SBP. I'm convinced it's going to downpour. I've checked the farmer's almanac... and I didn't really know how to read it b/c it was regional... not specific to Florida... so I dont know if I should even trust it.

And everyone keeps telling me it'll be fine if it rains... but I know I'll be so dissappointed.

I just had to stress a little and maybe get some words of comfort... :( I've already had to cut back so much out of the wedding just to be able to pay for it on Monday (my full payment is due then... not sure why). The fabulous location is really a perk... if it's just... inside at the Boardwalk Inn in a ballroom... I dunno... it'll just be one more kick to my already whittled down wedding.

*sniffle* Why didn't I pick a morning time slot...

dont stress over it, i'm hoping to have the same time slot next year on the 2nd sept and if it rains I wont care as long as I'm marrying the man I love.

My parents had snow on their day and I have heard that its meant to be good luck if it rains or snows on yur wedding day.

Please do not stress over it as long as you are marrying the one you love it wont matter

I've also heard it's good luck if it rains on your wedding day!;)

I was married Sept 20 at SBP, however I did choose an earlier time (11am). I was more worried about the afternoon heat and humidity than I was the rain.

On the morning of my wedding, it was gray and hazy and when my coordinator called me (about 9am) she said she was looking at alternate locations:scared1:. I told her to hold that off as long as possible. It was a little easier for me since I knew it was just DH and me but still...I didn't want to be moved!

It ended up not raining and our ceremony went off well.

About an hour later though, it rained for about 30 minutes, then stopped. It was all good!

LIGrumpy Girl was supposed to be married at SBP and she ended up getting rained out. Her ceremony was held at the Attic at the Boardwalk and she loved it. You might try sending her a PM.

No matter what, don't stress about it! The weather is the one thing you have absolutely no control over so there's no point in worrying. You are getting married at Disney, how could a little rain dampen that excitement!;)

Now calm down. I have heard that if it rains on your wedding day it's a sign of good luck! and I loved the quote from Tiffany's trip report that "it only makes the knot tighter":thumbsup2
You're ceremony will last about an hour and then you will have pics etc so you won't be outside for that long, remember that SBP is shaded too, so hopefully you won't be too hot, your new dress looks as if it's lighter than your old one so that is a plus.
Was there a specific reason you picked an afternoon time slot? I specifically picked 10.00am because of the weather but even if it was 2.30 I would still be doing exactly the same. Have you thought about portable fans with misting sprays? They work wonders, how are you wearing your hair again? If it's up you will certainly be alot cooler. I'm wearing mine down and I'm dreading it:scared1:

BTW, when are you arriving in Disney anyway?

Okay. So... just because I dont have enough to stress about as it is :confused:, I'm starting to get upset about the weather, lol.

Why did I pick an afternoon wedding in September? Aren't afternoon showers a common thing during that month? What was I thinking?

We're getting married on Sept 6 at 2:30 at SBP. I'm convinced it's going to downpour. I've checked the farmer's almanac... and I didn't really know how to read it b/c it was regional... not specific to Florida... so I dont know if I should even trust it.

And everyone keeps telling me it'll be fine if it rains... but I know I'll be so dissappointed.

I just had to stress a little and maybe get some words of comfort... :( I've already had to cut back so much out of the wedding just to be able to pay for it on Monday (my full payment is due then... not sure why). The fabulous location is really a perk... if it's just... inside at the Boardwalk Inn in a ballroom... I dunno... it'll just be one more kick to my already whittled down wedding.

*sniffle* Why didn't I pick a morning time slot...

Well, you are correct on the rain almost everyday. It usually occurs between 3 and 6 in the afternoon. With any luck, the daily showers (if they occur at all) will not have started yet. The down side is it will be a little uncomfortable with the heat and humidity. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it at all. And like someone already said, it is good luck to have rain on your wedding day.

This is a great post!

Try not to worry about the rain and enjoy your special day! The important thing is that you are marrying the person you love. That is what you will look back on and remember forever!

But if anybody lives in the area and could kind of give a summary of what the weather tends to be like each month of the year (rains almost everyday or not) that would be great for those of us planning our weddings in the future!

I was there the first week of September and everday like clock work there would be a severe thunderstorm. But the thing is that they pass in like 15 minutes. They are quick...strong but quick.

Either way don't let a few rain drops ruin the day. Hey if you start crying just say it was the rain on your face.:rolleyes:

Don't stress, leave that to the planning. You will have a magical day...rain or shine. :goodvibes

I am getting married at 2:30 on 20th September, i wanted an afternoon wedding so we could have dinner afterwards and then watch wishes from the beach at the Grand Floridian, i didn't want any time in between to have to fill. It was only after it was booked i started worrying about the weather, i have checked undergroundweather.com and for the last 5 years it has only rained once on this date and time, so i've got my fingers crossed. Someone said to me, there's enough things to stress about when planning a wedding, why stress about something you have no control over. I gues they are right but i know its still hard not to worry.

I am getting married at 2:30 on 20th September, i wanted an afternoon wedding so we could have dinner afterwards and then watch wishes from the beach at the Grand Floridian, i didn't want any time in between to have to fill. It was only after it was booked i started worrying about the weather, i have checked undergroundweather.com and for the last 5 years it has only rained once on this date and time, so i've got my fingers crossed. Someone said to me, there's enough things to stress about when planning a wedding, why stress about something you have no control over. I gues they are right but i know its still hard not to worry.

You picked a fabulous day to get married! :thumbsup2

As I mentioned in my previous post, it did rain that day in 2005...but only for about 30 minutes.

Have a wonderful wedding!

Well my suggestion would be to not even look at another weather forecast... all it will do is severely stress you out and there really is nothing you can do about it to change it. Just breath, relax, and take things in stride. Hopefully no rain will come :goodvibes

I'm getting married on Sept 1st at SBP and this is how I'm viewing it:

1. if it does rain, as everyone else has said, it's good luck!

2. if it rains and we have to take the wedding inside, at least we will be in air conditioning! Honestly, I'm more worried about being HOT and looking bad in photos because of it than the rain! If we have to go inside, in a way I'll be happy about it! haha.

good luck!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter