Stressed out with advice needed

fairytalehaven

Mom of 2 furry girls ~~~Yes, I have dreams, hopes,
Okay my hubby and I will be at POR Sept 22-26. With all of this stress in our lives now (building a house, selling a house, and everything in between) I would like to have some champaigne and glasses for in our room when we arrive. However, we our on a TIGHT budget. So, I don't know if having them deliver would be a good idea. We have been waiting on this honeymoon trip for 3 years and I really want to relax and have a good time..

ANY IDEAS?

I was in this same situation for our 10th anniversary when we went to the Polynesian. I could not justify the cost of having it delivered and could not find anyone to give me a better idea. Here is what I did: I bought a bottle of champagne at home and packed it in my suitcase (bubblewrapped, in a plastic bag that I sealed shut with tape). Then, I also tucked in glasses, some chocolates, and a bucket. Yes, it was a pain in the neck to get this all in my suitcase but I kept on thinking of how special it would be and how it was really my only option because of the money. When we got to the Polynesian, I waited until my husband took his shower. I quickly got ice and set everything up. When he came out, there was the surprise. It would have been neater if it was actually waiting in our room when we got there or on a day when we got back from the park - but - to be honest, my husband would not have cared either way. Instead, he knew how hard I had to work to get it all there and set it up for him. We let it sit all day in the room on ice and then came back to our room at night for a romantic treat. Knowing about it all day was also good - I think we had a special day together knowing that we were going back for a romantic treat. We actually took our drinks and chocolates out to watch the fireworks together. Thinking of how romantic that was makes me think I may try this again this year when we go back!

Good luck!

I agree with the above poster. Also, just as a side note. When I tried to order champagne for our 10th anniversary at the Poly LVC, I was told that they wouldn't deliver it until we were in the room and they could verify our ages. So, at that point, I just picked up a nice bottle of wine and we shared that while sitting on our patio.

Best of luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter