Stressed Out about IOA

boyy

Earning My Ears
Okay, I've had this tripped planned for weeks. We're staying at RPR and had planned to spend at least one day at each park.

Now, I've been reading tons of negative reviews of IOA (here and elsewhere) about closed attractions and about having only a few hours worth of stuff to do, and it's gotten me stressed--especially since this is much more than I usually spend on a vacation.

So, should we try to do USF and IOA both in one day and spend the other free day at a Disney park or Sea World? I really want to get my time and money's worth for this short (3-night) trip.

Thanks!

I'd say go. Have fun! Some rides may be closed, but the A rides are still open. Plus, you have short lines during September. Go for it! :)

Go! There is plenty to do in a relaxing day. IOA is a blast and deserves a full day.

You will have a great time. Yes, some things will be closed, but that gives you an excuse for planning a second trip!;)

We're spending four nights at PBH this week and I'm not stressing the closures at all. This trip will finally give me a chance to take it slow and easy through both parks, and will also allow me to spend time on some of the "out of the way" things, like the NY streets area at USF and the water area around Jurassic in IOA.
Plus, I'm going to see how many times I can ride Spiderman before I throw up ;) .

posted by ksdave:Plus, I'm going to see how many times I can ride Spiderman before I throw up .

LOL..... But wouldn't it be worth it???
:D

Originally posted by ksdave
...will also allow me to spend time on some of the "out of the way" things, like the NY streets area at USF...

Ah, yes, my favorite part of Universal Studios. :p

SpideyHulk;
Definitely worth it!!

The only thing worse for me is the spinning in the fog on MIB. But I'll try that a few dozen times too :) .

I think you will have plenty to do for two days. All of the new/A list rides are up and running. You didn't mention having children in your party. If you don't, you may not even notice the few rides that are down. The Barge ride and Storm Force both have lower height limits, which is why they appeal to the younger kids (6-9) as they can't ride Hulk and Dragons yet. Most playlands are closed but again, you won't notice if you aren't taking little ones. We have 5 day passes and I don't think we will spend 5 days there now. We are planning on 3 and a day at SeaWorld and a day at Blizzard Beach. For 2 days, you should find enough to do to keep you happy. Enjoy your trip.

Oh, do plan to hit the Dragon coasters in the early afternoon as that is when I have read they will both be running (for the duel effect).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter