Streetmosphere

WildGrits

DIS Veteran
Since we have been going to WDW for decades, I like to spend my time doing the overlooked and slower things on our vacation. One of my favorite things to watch is the Streetmosphere in DHS. It is just so campy and silly.

Unfortunately I am so fearful of be called into the action that I spend most of my time very nervous and don't stay for the whole show.

Does anyone know if the people who are called out of the audience are pre-picked?

I am hoping so, so that when we go this fall I can spend more time lurking on Hollywood Blvd without the fear of looking like I am interested in participating.

No..they aren't pre-picked for the shows. My daughter has been picked several times to participate. i think if you stand back a little bit, they won't pick you. They seem to be good at picking the ones who look like they are willing to participate. (which would definitely be my daughter-lol)

Since we have been going to WDW for decades, I like to spend my time doing the overlooked and slower things on our vacation. One of my favorite things to watch is the Streetmosphere in DHS. It is just so campy and silly.

Unfortunately I am so fearful of be called into the action that I spend most of my time very nervous and don't stay for the whole show.

Does anyone know if the people who are called out of the audience are pre-picked?

I am hoping so, so that when we go this fall I can spend more time lurking on Hollywood Blvd without the fear of looking like I am interested in participating.
I was wondering the same thing. I love to spend a lot of time watching the Streetmosphere characters, and in Epcot WS I love the World Showcase Players, but since both use audience participants, I'm a little uneasy. I have balance and walking issues, and if they called on me to participate, part of me would loveit-that is, til I stood up and tripped and fell on the pavement.

They're not always pre-picked. My mom was called into one because she was wearing a crazy hat (she thought it looked "nice", LOL). Judy Fruity (or whatever her last name was) made fun of her. My mom was shocked that anyone would make fun of her hat, LOL, LOL!!! OMG, it was so funny, my poor mom.

My mom was also picked as the Rebel Spy on Star Tours. She has that clueless grandmom look about her (sorry if you see this mom). On that same trip, my dad was picked as "That Guy" at Monsters, Inc. We felt famous on that trip!

And once at DHS, right after park opening, I was walking on the sidewalk with my son when an "actor" was standing on the back of a cart and clasped his chest, extended his arm, looked right at me and yelled, "Kim, come back Kim!" LOL, I'm not Kim and was so nervous I kept going, just smiled.

I did see one where a girl was running around and hiding from a "famous" actress, driving the actress crazy. That looked staged.

They definately do not pre-pick. But when Iwas there I saw a woman get who did not wantto get up simply shakeher head,after trying very briefly to convince her, they moved on and picked another. there are usuallyplentyof willing participants,and they try to pick the ones who seem willing.

I have been an improv actor at festivals and dinner shows for years and have worked with several Streetmosphere and World Showcase Players before. The are true professionals and are experts at picking those who want to play vs those that just want to enjoy.

Usually they look for someone who is wearing some kind of marker that brings attention to them such as a really crazy hat or a ginormous amount of pins or some wild tie dye shirt. :rotfl: omething that says I am here to have a good time. A big smile helps too. Like a PP said, if you stand back a little and give off a standoffish vibe you should be fine. If you do get picked and don't want to play, just kind of wave them off and smile. They will get it and leave you alone.

Don't let the worry make you miss the fun of the show.:wizard:

They are not pre-picked. However, if you do not wish to participate you don't have to. They will not force you to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter