• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strategy for TSL if no FP's?

Snoozan

Really IS a good girl!
I opted to make my FP's for my afternoon park so will be doing rope drop for EE at DS without any for TSL. What is the best strategy to get on the roller coaster there? Not interested in the spinNing saucer ride.

Rope drop for Expedition Everest at Disney Springs? Lol. You lost me on those abbreviations

I take it you're doing HS in the morning. I'd plan to arrive 45+ min ahead of park opening and head straight to Slinky

Rope drop for Expedition Everest at Disney Springs? Lol. You lost me on those abbreviations

I take it you're doing HS in the morning. I'd plan to arrive 45+ min ahead of park opening and head straight to Slinky

The abbreviations lost me, too. But if OP is doing RD at HS, then heading right to SDD is the way to go.

Does anyone know if they are letting people in early for TSL the way AK lets people in early for Pandora?

We got there for a 9am opening with a passholder event before hand so opening might be different on a day without the event. We arrived around 8:30-8:40am. They started to let people though the tapstiles at 8:50am and we walked at a brisk pace to the land where we got in line for SDD. It took 15 minutes from getting in line to get on the coaster. Because everyone had to do the tapstiles it was not a mass running of the bulls and the few people that ran by got told by cast members to walk. So people trickled in which made it easier in my opinion. This was last week on Tuesday.

We got there for a 9am opening with a passholder event before hand so opening might be different on a day without the event. We arrived around 8:30-8:40am. They started to let people though the tapstiles at 8:50am and we walked at a brisk pace to the land where we got in line for SDD. It took 15 minutes from getting in line to get on the coaster. Because everyone had to do the tapstiles it was not a mass running of the bulls and the few people that ran by got told by cast members to walk. So people trickled in which made it easier in my opinion. This was last week on Tuesday.

I always hated the running of the bulls. Before TSL and just TSM, that morning rush was just awful for a family. Pushing and shoving, I hated it. There were many times that kids would get darn near run over. I like the idea of utilizing the tapstiles to trickle people in.

We found TSL to be easier to navigate before park close. The ride lines were very short plus it was gorgeous after dark!

I just did EMH at HS on Sunday. They let us in to the tapstiles starting at about 7:40. They started the walk back to Toy Story Land abou 7:45.

Does anyone know if they are letting people in early for TSL the way AK lets people in early for Pandora?

To my knowledge, they are letting the masses in around 8:30 and holding them at a rope near the end of the main strip until about 8:50. Then they run-walk everyone back to Toy Story Land in a herd. So they're letting them in slightly early from everything I have seen. However, on Mondays and Wednesdays they now offer early morning magic in Toy Story Land so I'm not sure whether they do the same on those days.

How early would you say to be there in order to be at the front of the pack?

Maybe an hour early? The key is to be at the front of the tap-style, and then try to be at the front of the pack when they hold you at the rope once inside the park. Easy WDW recently did a blog about this, might be worth checking out. He says not to cut through the path in front of Hollywood Brown Derby, and to stay to the right through the large arch when rounding the corner towards Toy Story Land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter