Strategy for DHS???

Aggie89

Mouseketeer
We're only going to the Studios one day which happens to be a Thursday first week of August and all of the online crowd predictors say will be a busy day. Would it be possible to go to TSM first and get a fast pass to do it again later then hit RNR and TOT without waiting in long lines?

We're only going to the Studios one day which happens to be a Thursday first week of August and all of the online crowd predictors say will be a busy day. Would it be possible to go to TSM first and get a fast pass to do it again later then hit RNR and TOT without waiting in long lines?

Yes.

You might even want to ride TSM first (no wait), then get Fast Passes for it (for a second ride later). Neither RNR nor TOT should have much of a wait by the time you get to them at 9:30-ish.

YES!!! BUT BE SURE TO GET THERE FOR ROPE DROP. I actually rush back to TSM and get a FP first~then get on it. I really don't have to wait that much longer. Although now with the FP rule change, I don't know what time you will be given to come back. Maybe you do want to ride it first and then get the FP so that you will have a time later in the day!:confused3

YES!!! BUT BE SURE TO GET THERE FOR ROPE DROP. I actually rush back to TSM and get a FP first~then get on it. I really don't have to wait that much longer. Although now with the FP rule change, I don't know what time you will be given to come back. Maybe you do want to ride it first and then get the FP so that you will have a time later in the day!:confused3

Getting FP first before riding will still be the way to do it if you want to ride TSM three times.

Getting FP first before riding will still be the way to do it if you want to ride TSM three times.

Get a FP, ride it then ride it again then get another FP? We want to try to do RNR and TOT early too to avoid lines although they just added a 10:30 Fantasmic show so we could ride them again while everyone was at 9:00 Fantasmic. Right?

What are must do shows and/or other attractions for my DS' 14 and 9? The last time we were there, the little one was 4 so we did a lot of little kid stuff. Now, he's ready for the big time. ::yes::

Get a FP, ride it then ride it again then get another FP? We want to try to do RNR and TOT early too to avoid lines although they just added a 10:30 Fantasmic show so we could ride them again while everyone was at 9:00 Fantasmic. Right?

What are must do shows and/or other attractions for my DS' 14 and 9? The last time we were there, the little one was 4 so we did a lot of little kid stuff. Now, he's ready for the big time. ::yes::

I wouldn't ride TSM more than twice in your situation--that should be plenty. It sounds like you're planning an all-day schedule at DHS, in which case you should have no trouble getting at FPs for the four bigs--TSM, RnRC, ToT, and Star Tours--through the course of your day. Get them in that order, make sure your return times don't conflict with any shows, ADRs, or other FPs, and enjoy.

For boys that age, I'd recommend Star Tours, Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular, and Lights Motors Action.

Your plan sounds good! I've found it works best to get there for rope drop, ride TSM first then FP it... In my experience, the lines for FP distribution get bogged up right away and you might as well just be waiting in the real line and getting an FP afterward. RnR and ToT won't have much a wait while you're waiting for your FP return time.

If you'll be at the park later on, I've had luck riding it while everyone else in the park seemed to be lining up for Fantasmic. It was advertised as a 70 min wait but looking inside and seeing where the line was, I knew it wasn't true. Ended up being a 15-20 min wait instead.

What time is rope drop? They have official opening at 9:00 but some people have posted that they're letting people in at 8:30??? We're checking into the Dolphin early that morning (switching resorts), want to drop the bags off, and get on the boat over there as early as we can. If we're at the Friendship landing at 8:00, we should make it for rope drop I hope.

What time is rope drop? They have official opening at 9:00 but some people have posted that they're letting people in at 8:30??? We're checking into the Dolphin early that morning (switching resorts), want to drop the bags off, and get on the boat over there as early as we can. If we're at the Friendship landing at 8:00, we should make it for rope drop I hope.

DHS has been admitting people as much as 30 minutes before official park open, with no true "rope drop" any more. Just show up and walk in when they open the gates.

DHS has been admitting people as much as 30 minutes before official park open, with no true "rope drop" any more. Just show up and walk in when they open the gates.

So to be safe, be at the DHS gates by 8:30. I'm not a morning person, but I become one on our Disney vacations to not wait in line. Do the other parks let guests in earlier than the posted opening times too?

Do they do this on mornings with EMH? If they are then it would seem that resort guests wont be getting the extra hour before the general public is admitted. Is this correct?

So to be safe, be at the DHS gates by 8:30. I'm not a morning person, but I become one on our Disney vacations to not wait in line. Do the other parks let guests in earlier than the posted opening times too?

Epcot does, MK does not, not sure on AK.

Do they do this on mornings with EMH? If they are then it would seem that resort guests wont be getting the extra hour before the general public is admitted. Is this correct?

That I'm not sure of.

I will be there that Thursday as well,where did you see another show has been added ?:confused3 I was looking at the disney website and it still only says it is open till 9 with no other info .

princess jasmine27 said:
I will be there that Thursday as well,where did you see another show has been added ?:confused3 I was looking at the disney website and it still only says it is open till 9 with no other info .

Click on theme parks at the WDW site at the top, choose DHS then on the left there is a link for calendar. Click on that and go to August and click on Thursday then a schedule comes up. I was finalizing our itinerary and stumbled upon it looking for show times. Hope I wasn't hallucinating. Lol.

Click on theme parks at the WDW site at the top, choose DHS then on the left there is a link for calendar. Click on that and go to August and click on Thursday then a schedule comes up. I was finalizing our itinerary and stumbled upon it looking for show times. Hope I wasn't hallucinating. Lol.

Excellent tip! Thank you very much. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter