• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strategy for ADRs

natnelliesmom

Mom to 3 Disney Princesses in Training
I have planned several successful WDW trips in the past. So I'm no novice here! But this is the first time the online ADR system has been available for a trip of ours.
For those of you who have used the online reservation system....

Were you satisfied with the reservations you were able to make?
Were you as successful as when you have called to make them?
If you called on your first day- ie 90 + 10- were you able to get the tougher ressies? Like CRT for breakfast?

I guess I just need advice on wether I should trust my ADRs to the new online system or just call and do it my usual way!

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks,
Sarah

I went online at 6am 90 days before arrival. I was SOOO nervous, as this was for free dining, and have been planning our week based on the assumption of getting my ADRs. I really wanted to eat at the castle for DD and for me (it's my birthday). Plus I had some really hard ones ('Ohana dinner, Chef Mickey's, CRT, CP before opening, etc). I planned out my strategy the night before, back-ups, moving park days, etc.

I had NO trouble (well, except Le Cellier, I didn't get). I got CRT lunch at 11:45, exactly the time. Then got Chef Mickey's for dinner @ 5:40 (asked for 5:30), etc. Got CP at 8:10 AM. Got 'Ohana for 5PM on day of MNSSHP and 'Ohana seems a tough reservation to snag. It was amazing and I am SOO happy I didn't have to change anything around.

I have never called before, but I love the online system. It was fast, was done with 8 ADRs in 15 minutes. I definitely recommend being online at 6am.

Where is the online link on Disney.com for reserving restaurants... I can't find it anywhere... I am in UK so is it only something US guests can do ??
Thanks in advance:confused3

Where is the online link on Disney.com for reserving restaurants... I can't find it anywhere... I am in UK so is it only something US guests can do ??
Thanks in advance:confused3

Looking at the UK site there is no option for online reservations. Can you access the US version?

I had a blast with the online ADRs. I was a bit nervous because we're going during free dining, but everything went smoothly. You can start at 6am, so at about 5:45am I logged in and retrieved my reservation, and opened up tabs for each of the restaurant I wanted so I didn't have to waste my time opening up bookmarks or even searching for the restaurants. I was done in about 15 minutes and got everything we wanted. Then about two hours later, I decided to play around and ended up switching things around. We got some difficult ones - CG, CRT on a MNSSHP night, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's. I definitely recommend going the online route!

I wasn't particularly happy, but I don't think that's the fault of online... I think I just picked a horrible week to be trying to make ADRs.

I'm going 9/27-10/1. Of four table-service meals, I only got one at the date/time/restaurant I wanted:

9/27 -- wanted 1900 Park Fare between 4:30-5:30. Got Diamond Horseshoe at 5:00.

9/28 -- wanted Akershus at 11:40. Got it at 1:45.

9/30 -- wanted Ohana between 4:30-5:30. Got 1900 Park Fare at 7 pm.

10/1 -- Wanted Chef Mickey at 11:30. Got 11:20.

And I was online at 6 am exactly. Called that morning at 7 am, waited on hold for almost an hour, and was able to move Akershus to 1:30. I have been checking online 2-3x a day every day since then and haven't been able to change any of my ressies to better dates/times.

These are exactly the replies I was hoping for!
I think I'm going to be ready for 6 am, have those restaurant tabs open and hope for the best!
I can start tomorrow am- so wish me luck!
-Sarah

I don't know if I just got lucky or what but I happened to be away that weekend and where I was had free long distance and no internet so there I was 6:55 am calling and calling and was the first caller and got everything I wanted except for maybe dinner a little early but what the heck those days we will just have breakfast a snack then do dinner.

Here is what I got by calling.

Sept 27th - Crystal Palace 9:10 am
Sept 28th - 1900 Park fare 9:10 am
Sept 29th - Chef Mickey's 9:30 am
Sept 30th - Ohana 5:00 pm
Oct 1st - CRT 9:25 am
Oct 1st - Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic dinner pkg) 4:10 pm
Oct 3rd - Akershus Royal Banquet Hall 9:15 am
Oct 3rd - Le Cellier 4:15 pm

Good luck:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter