• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strategies for riding FoP without a FP

Given the age of your party as listed in your siggie you can easily go with RD or late night for standby. FoP is the only ride I ever rope dropped and probably the last time I ever will; I don't travel with early morning risers. I'd poll the party and let the majority vote win.

Given the age of your party as listed in your siggie you can easily go with RD or late night for standby. FoP is the only ride I ever rope dropped and probably the last time I ever will; I don't travel with early morning risers. I'd poll the party and let the majority vote win.
Yeah we haven’t done RD since the kids were little. It’s really not an option anymore.

Thanks for all the suggestions. It really validated what I thought anyway.
We’ll try getting in standby right before closing.

As others have said. RP or park close.
If you do RD, be there at the turnstiles at least 60 minutes before opening. Thye shouldlet you into the park 30 miuntes before opening.
If at closing, you just need to be in line before park closing time.

If FOP goes down during the day, waiting till closing can still.be long wait. Everyone who was unable to use fastpass earlier will.be in FP line. This happened to us in January.

What happens if you have an evening FP and the ride goes down? We only have one day in each park.

What happens if you have an evening FP and the ride goes down? We only have one day in each park.

Usually if you have a FP for a ride and it goes down, you get an anytime FP through the MDX system. For example; Pooh was down, we had a FP, and I got an email saying my FP experience had changed, and there was the anytime/any ride FP, I can't remember what was excluded, I know Dwarves was.

Now that you mention it, I remember this happening about 4 years ago to Test Track. We got home and discovered an email saying we could ride anything. Trouble was, I didn't have a phone to get the email and by the time I got to my computer, we were done for the day. We might have even been done at Disney for that trip.

I'm just worried that my 7pm FOP FP will come and it will be down and I will have lost my chance to ride it at RD, because I don't want to stand in the herd if I don't have to.

September 2018 while visiting with my parents, we entered the park a few minutes after park opening and walked over to Flight Of Passage and it was about 1 hour from the time we hit the end of the line to exiting the ride.

We've done both, and park close is WAY, WAY better. You don't have to deal with the mob of insanity that happens at rope drop. We literally get in line 1-2 minutes before the park closes, but you need to make sure you are on time, because they will close the line promptly at the closing time and will not let anyone else in. On 90+% of days you will wait substantially less than you would wait outside the park if you were rope dropping.

Agree with Goofy Dad. I have done it both ways. The total wait was much less at night than at rope drop. I estimate it saved us an hour. Last week the posted wait at close was 160 minutes. We waited an hour from stepping in the line until the first preshow. Not sure if it was a coincidence but they did not decontaminate us. I wonder if they do that to move the line faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter