strategies for Disney Quest?

busymom_ot

Earning My Ears
We'll be visiting the last week of May w/ UPH tickets & plan to check out DQ. Does anyone have tips on best time of day to visit & any specific attractions/games to be sure not to miss? I have DS 10, DS 8 & DD almost 6. All three love video games ie Gamecube & Gameboy!

I took my girls there last year and we hit the Pirates of the Caribbean first thing. We did the attraction three times in row before a line started to form.

We also did the river rafting ride a couple times - warning: if any of your kids don't like to get wet don't take them on this one because they will get sprayed throughout the ride.

We did the the magic carpet - fun and the line was short.

There's a "super hero" (Comix) attraction that was a blast - we only got to do that one once but we had more fun standing in line watching the people on the attraction because they looked so ridiculous as they attempted to slay their enemies.

We did the Extraterrorestrial attraction and that was fun. It was broken down earlier in the day so we had to wait until after lunch to ride it.

Buzz Lightyear (bumper cars) were a lot of fun. There was a line for this one so we only did it once. Lots of fun.

The mighty ducks pinball was fun - still trying to figure out how dd (10 at the time) got a higher score than me.

We avoided most of the arcade games and all of the carnival games (those cost money to play).

best part of all - Cheesecake Factory for dessert.

We ended up being there about 6 hours and had lots of fun. If we wanted to wait in lines we could have spent more time here, but we had to meet up with DW for dinner.

We went on a Tuesday last June (1st week of June).

Hope this helps.

The best time to go to DQ is during the week, not the weekend. Also go when it first opens at 11:30. We plan to do that this year because last year was the first time we ever went and we always got there in the afternoon/evening time and couldn't manage to do the best interactive rides.

We are going to the MK on EMH day (we are staying on Disney resort property), walk over to the Contemporary at about 10:30, hop on a bus going to DD and then go to DQ at 11:30 first thing.

You could also do this from EPCOT or MGM and use the Boardwalk to do the same thing. We are using the MK because the Contemporary is closer to walk to from MK than the BW is from EPCOT or MGM.

You could do the same thing on any non-EMH day except you won't get to do as much in the park and we love the parks!

:earsgirl:

Could I use your MK EMH strategy on a Sunday morning @ 11:30? Does DQ open at 11:30 every day of the week? Would the Thursday MK EMH be better?

TIA!

Carmen

Thanks for the tips. We are planning on going to DQ on Thur after MK early entry morning. Was just wondering if we needed to try to be there right at opening or how long till it got crowded/long lines?

We went to Disney Quest after Cirque De Solei(SP?) and had a great time. My chilren's favorite was the design your own rollercoaster, which they did many times. My favorite part was watching them on the monitor while they road the coaster they made. I bought a videotape of it and my husband and I really get a kick out of watching them grinning, raising their hands and seeing my daughter's braids go up and down thru the loops. We did the virtual jungle cruise, I got slightly motion sick it was so real, but we missed Pirates. We are making sure to budget this for our return trip in December, the kids had lots of fun, we took them several times. You can leave them there and go enjoy the shopping without them.

Busymom, Great tips here from others!

I took three kids last November (ages 9, 10, 11-only one mine!) and found no more than two want to stay together at any one time and I wanted to do my own thing too at times.

I tell the kids they can go anywhere they want ON THAT FLOOR but cannot go to another floor till we're all done and all go together. There are 5 different floors and that way I at least know I can round them all up and the can find me fairly easily.

The pizza is good too!

Sharon

We are planning to go at opening on Sunday 4/24. Does this sound like a bad time to go? We will probably stay until around 5:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter