Strategies for booking 4th FP+ at the kiosks...

summer621

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any tips for booking additional FP+ at the kiosks. I thought I remembered reading that you should just take whatever FP+ is on the screen and then use the MDE app on a smart phone to tweak the attraction and ride times. Yes?

Also, if I am booking for my whole family can I make their reservations without having their physical magic bands - like you would in MDE.

I have read that you should choose the less crowded kiosks - the suggestion in MK was the kiosk and storybook circus? Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

I find it just as easy to use the kiosk as the app. The tradeoff is that you have a lurking CM trying to be "helpful" vs. a glitchy app that may or may not work correctly.

You only need to scan the MB for one person in your party, as long as they're all linked to your MDE account.

The Storybook Circus kiosks have been removed.

I'm very little help here, except to say that the kiosk line in tomorrowland seemed busy every time I saw it. I'd look for other locations besides that one myself. Also, I did find my app to be very unreliable in the park - sometimes it wouldn't connect, sometimes it wouldn't show me my existing FP, but a few minutes later thery showed up again. I didn't use the kiosks, but unless they are difficult for some reason, I'd try to get your FP all set in the first place rather than counting on the app for adjusting it.

The App was very unreliable for my cell phone because of wi-fi issues in the park. I couldn't get my 4G to work at all (Sprint....they're useless). So it was kiosks or nothing. And I found the kiosks to be quite fine.

I used the one by the bathrooms in Adventureland, and the ones in Tommorowland by Stitch. Lines were not really long at either one. I was able to make 3 extra FPs on our MK day 1. I couldn't do any on MK day 2 because we had a 5:10 FP for A&E and we left the park after that.

In short, the kiosks worked fine for me and unless you have strong faith in your 4G service, just take what you want at the kiosk and don't plan on changing things later on your smart phone.

I'm very little help here, except to say that the kiosk line in tomorrowland seemed busy every time I saw it. I'd look for other locations besides that one myself. Also, I did find my app to be very unreliable in the park - sometimes it wouldn't connect, sometimes it wouldn't show me my existing FP, but a few minutes later thery showed up again. I didn't use the kiosks, but unless they are difficult for some reason, I'd try to get your FP all set in the first place rather than counting on the app for adjusting it.

glad I'm not the only one. We had trouble with the app in the parks too (on our ipad). I told one of the CMs asking her to change something and she looked at me like I had 2 heads (I was trying to change times not add another FP).

I found the kiosks easy to use (when the CMs were helpful - I do love the CMs for the most part but during our last trip - May- a lot of them seemed on edge with the FP+ "adventure")

I would just book something quickly at the kiosk and then edit it from my phone. It was so much faster and then I didn't have a CM staring at my screen.

No advice on the kiosks but when we went last January I had a lot of issues with the app on my phone. I ended up disconnecting from wifi (used cellular data) and everything went much smoother.

I find it just as easy to use the kiosk as the app. The tradeoff is that you have a lurking CM trying to be "helpful" vs. a glitchy app that may or may not work correctly.

You only need to scan the MB for one person in your party, as long as they're all linked to your MDE account.

The Storybook Circus kiosks have been removed.

As have the ones by Buzz. Well, they are not removed but they are covered and only used for overflow. Crazy to only offer 4 locations in MK.

Anyway, I agree not to use the app. But you can still book for just anything and then edit it yourself from your device. Just use the website on your browser vs. the app. The app is awful and it's hard to tell when doing your edits just what you are getting. It changed one of ours no problem. What it didn't notify me of was it changed the time too. I had no idea until we went to the venue and the CM said your FP is for 3 hours from now. When we changed it on our phone it appeared to keep the same time as the other attraction. First and last time I used the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter