Strategically where to stay away from Disneyland

Sepo

11-3-2016 12:47 a.m.
Hi all, looking for some geography help.

Will be at Disneyland, Grand Californian for 2 nights this summer; then 2 days more in LA area to see friends and maybe universal/other, then on flight to Aulani early early on day 5.

It's days 3 and 4 that we are concerned about. Thinking about hotel at/near LAX to be stress-free for flight to Honolulu. Is there any reasonable in-between location?

I recommend staying where you have most of your activities planned (friends, Universal, etc.) since driving long distances can be time consuming.

I personally wouldn't change hotels so much in such a short time frame if there was any way to avoid it. We did one hotel switch on this trip, where we kept our hotel in Anaheim but took some stuff down to San Diego for 1 night and stayed overnight there so we could do the SD Zoo and Sea World. That was hectic enough. Changing hotels 2x in 4 days, followed by a long flight to Hawaii would be too much for us, especially if those hotels were far apart. If you can't extend your time at the GC, I would maybe get an off site hotel near DL and just drive to your friends/universal as needed.

In-between depends on preferences...

Trying to ..
1) Save Money?
2) Travel time to/from Universal/LAX?
3) Travel LAX/Disneyland?

- New Hotels have sprung up in Downtown LA around LA Live
- Beach Cities El Segundo
- USC has some hotels nearby

There's plenty of other options around depending on preferences.

Airbnb?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter