strapless woes:(

supergrrl20

Rio De Tiempo 4ever!
:bride: I have a great strapless dress. I bought a confy corset to wear with it. i went to my first fitting yesterday and the dress fits like a glove however it is a heavy dress so naturally im worried about it dropping as the night goes on. No showing anything x rated, but just looking lower then it should be. My seamstress suggested thin satin straps, but....does anyone knoe on any comapnay that makes a tape for the top on my dress to insure it stays in place?

I wore a fairly heavy strapless dress and had no problems with it falling. As long as your dress is fitted right (which generally means it is snug around your torso but not uncomfortable), you should have no problems. There is a girl on the board that used to work in a bridal salon, she may know of some tape you could use.

Hi there,
I am wearing a pretty heavy strapless dress as well. The woman who is doing my alterations is doing a few things to ensure my dress doesn't "dip" during the night. :thumbsup2 1. She is adding thick 1 and half inch elastic straps that are sown into each side of the dress up by the chest area. The straps hook together in the back, almost like that of a bra hook. I guess this is a fairy new strategy that is used to help strapless dresses stay tighter against the body during the night. 2) She is adding sticky tape (I don't know where she is getting it, probably ordering it through her company) to the top so that the dress will sit nicely against my skin. and 3) I decided to add these really beautiful thin straps that will be removable. I think I will go stapless for the ceremony and add the straps for the reception. I did a different style with the straps so they aren't just boring old straps. The 2 straps are joined together in the middle of the dress, then come up and go over each shoulder (making a really pretty V design on the front) then crosses over, one strap on the left back and one strap on the right back. So from the back, it looks like a regular tank top, and from the front, a V design. (Sorry...does this make any sense?!?!? :crazy: ) After babbling on and on, I just wanted you to know that there are a variety of things you can do to make sure no one gets to see more of you than you want! :blush: Save that for the wedding night! :rotfl: hahaha!! Hope all works out!!! Best Wishes!!!

My dress was fairly heavy and was fitted perfectly. I didn't even wear a bra because the dress fit better without. I wore the dress 3 different times. 1st was the intimate wedding, 2nd time was the MK shoot and 3rd was our home reception. The dress never moved even when my bustle broke when my dress was stepped on while dancing and I had to carry the train over my arm the rest of the night.

If your dress fits properly you won't need anything extra to help the dress stay up.

For my sister's wedding, I wore a heavy strapless bridesmaid's dress...we bought double sided tape and taped me in. I had the same fear you do...it worked!

Double-sided tape is used often on gowns and even on swimsuits in pageants. It works like a dream.

I just saw this stuff in the Victoria's Secret catalog...I think it was $6 or $7. You might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere though.

My mom just had some that she used in her home office...I think it was scotch brand;-)

We used it vertically on the sides around my rib cage. It was very comfy (until it had to be removed!)

As others have said you should not have to do anything extra if you dress is fitted properly- unless you have an empire waisted gown- If the dress is fitted to your waist it will be too small to drop down any. A strapless gown should be fitted snugly. Are you busty? I ask becuase you could consider having cups sewn into your gown and forget the bra/corsett just so the dress will fit to your body, try that as it may give you a better fit.

We never used any kind of tape and for pageant we sold IT Stays we called it butt glue, but can also be found in sporting good stores.

My dress had thin straps, but my bridesmaids wore strapless dresses. Their dresses stayed up fine all evening...the most important thing is that it's fitted properly around the top. My cousin's wedding dress was too loose and she was pulling it back up the entire time.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter