Strangest Interactions With Other Guests?

waiting for husband to come from Gasparillas(sp) with my refill. I am standing next to stair case by a table. Guy walks over to me, stands right beside me and lights up his cigarette, clearly seeing that I'm using an oxygen tank:scared1:. Me to guy: If I blow up, I'm taking you with me :mad:
-----------------------------
Guy has his 3 children in the hot tub/spa at GF, they are throwing. around a ball. I asked the father if he could please get his children from splashing the hot water everywhere. Guy says to me they are just having a little fun with the ball:headache: me, that's why they have a pool:rolleyes1

I was solo eating lunch at Starring Rolls in DHS. I was sitting at one of the four top tables. It was the middle of the lunch rush and every other table was taken. So when I saw a family of three come by, I offered to share my table with them. They declined and then proceeded to eat their meal standing up. What, do I have cooties or something? :confused3

nope, they wanted you to give up your table so that they could sit down and eat:rotfl:

One of our funniest things happened during early morning entry for an ADR at Crystal Palace. We are early risers so we ended up being first at the turnstiles. Eventually another family of four with two little ones came and stood behind us. As we got through the turnstiles the family of four started walking really fast to get ahead of us, heading towards the castle. They must have had a breakfast ADR at Cindy's table and wanted to be first to get there, ahead of us (which we weren't even going to). My older DS who was thirteen at the time turns to us and says I can walk faster than them (he's 6 feet tall and has very long legs) so he starts walking with fast strides next to them...the faster he walked, the faster they walked until they were jogging and dragging their little ones along. It was pretty funny to watch. My DS never looked at them, just looked straight ahead towards the castle and walked faster and faster...Eventually my son stopped turned around and we headed to the Crystal Palace...it's funny how some people HAVE to be first, even if it means dragging their kids along the pavement to do so!

This reminds me of a time about 6 or 7 years ago, I was down at HS waiting for the park to open.

I happened to notice this older man, probably in his mid 60's dressed very oddly. Mickey baseball cap, sandals with socks pulled up to the knees, Disney backpack with buttons and stickers all over it. He just looked odd I guess and for some reason really stood out. He had commando Disney guy written all over him.

Well, at rope drop he proceeded to literally push people out of his way to the ToT (mind you this is before TSM opened) and started to power-walk/jog. Mind you he was told several times by the CM's no running, etc.. I decided to have a little fun with the guy so I started hustling to keep up with him - well, he caught wind of that and really started moving! It was a bit of a competitive situation... :rotfl2:

To his disgust I got ahead of him in the line at ToT and we with about 10 other people got into the living-room area to be the 1st people on the ride - well as most know, the exit to get on the ride is in the back corner of the room, well I positioned myself so he couldn't get in front of me - needless to say I was shocked as the door opened he elbowed his way in front of me and started running towards the back to get on the ride.

It isn't exactly well lit back there and since it was early morning, there was only one elevator open on the ride, well my friend was in such a hurry, he ran right into a chain that was blocking one of the closed elevators and knocked himself silly - literally, the man went flying as the chain basically hit him in the mid-section! Buttons, backpack, hat, glasses - all scattered everywhere!

Well as he sat there dusting himself off and collecting his things the rest of us that were waiting in the living room calmly walked over to the OPEN elevator and rode the ride.

Didn’t see my commando friend again after that and to this day I am amazed at what people will do to be “1st” on a ride.

This reminds me of a time about 6 or 7 years ago, I was down at HS waiting for the park to open.

I happened to notice this older man, probably in his mid 60's dressed very oddly. Mickey baseball cap, sandals with socks pulled up to the knees, Disney backpack with buttons and stickers all over it. He just looked odd I guess and for some reason really stood out. He had commando Disney guy written all over him.

Well, at rope drop he proceeded to literally push people out of his way to the ToT (mind you this is before TSM opened) and started to power-walk/jog. Mind you he was told several times by the CM's no running, etc.. I decided to have a little fun with the guy so I started hustling to keep up with him - well, he caught wind of that and really started moving! It was a bit of a competitive situation... :rotfl2:

To his disgust I got ahead of him in the line at ToT and we with about 10 other people got into the living-room area to be the 1st people on the ride - well as most know, the exit to get on the ride is in the back corner of the room, well I positioned myself so he couldn't get in front of me - needless to say I was shocked as the door opened he elbowed his way in front of me and started running towards the back to get on the ride.

It isn't exactly well lit back there and since it was early morning, there was only one elevator open on the ride, well my friend was in such a hurry, he ran right into a chain that was blocking one of the closed elevators and knocked himself silly - literally, the man went flying as the chain basically hit him in the mid-section! Buttons, backpack, hat, glasses - all scattered everywhere!

Well as he sat there dusting himself off and collecting his things the rest of us that were waiting in the living room calmly walked over to the OPEN elevator and rode the ride.

Didn’t see my commando friend again after that and to this day I am amazed at what people will do to be “1st” on a ride.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wow, what an awful thing to say to someone! :confused3 Even if you had been on disbility, so what? I don't see why disabled people shouldn't get to enjoy themselves too. Glad you shut him up! :thumbsup2

Weirdest experience I had in WDW was in the MK. I was waiting for the castle show and this man walks up to me and starts berating me for wasting his tax money to come to the parks. I use a PWC in the parks because of arthritis and fibromyalgia. He keeps going on about how he pays my disability from his taxes and how dare I use the money to enjoy Disney. I looked him straight in the eye and informed him I am not on disibility and have never been. That I pay taxes just like him and I have the right to enjoy Disney if I want. He sputtered and walked away.
Why in the world did he assume I was on disability. My legs and hips aren't so great but it has not affected my ability to work at all. Not all wheelchair users are on SSI or SSDI.

I go every year the week after Thanksgiving. About half my trips, I go by myself.

This past year was no exception, as a matter of fact, I made it an "all resort, no parks" year last time.

I met a lady in the resort lounge the first night and we got to chatting about our love for Disney. Her husband was glued to the TV with a bunch of other guys watching a football game.

OMG, it is like they felt they had to adopt me. Everytime they saw me, they would call out to me to come join them. They waited EVERY single night for me to come back to the resort and go to the lounge before retiring. It became pretty annoying after a few days.

On the last day, I didn't feel well (started coming down with a cold), and decided to spend the day sitting out back at POR in one of the rocking chairs by the marina. Well, I fell asleep, I mean a deep sleep.

All of the sudden, I was awakened by this couple, screaming my name at the top of their lungs across the marina - I was so deep in sleep and felt so terrible by then, I became extremely nauseous. :scared1:

I had to run to the restroom, with them quickly in tow, yelling out my name to stop.

I just made it to the restroom, and lost my lunch.

Some lady came out and told a CM there was someone throwing up in the ladies' room. When I came out, they were long gone.

Phew!

Thanks for clearing things up! I read your now edited post (#105) and now it makes sense. I was pretty confused what was going on, especially when I realized you started this thread. Then it really didn't make sense. Okay, moving on.... :)

:hug: You're very welcome! Again, I'm sorry for the confusion.

:hug: That's horrible. There is a very angry group of people in this country lately that have taken paranoia and meaness to a whole new level. Trust me, if I had been there and overheard that, I would have given Mr Crankypants an earful.:sad2:

Agreed. The more I think about TalkingHands' story, the more it haunts me. One of our party members had to use a wheelchair in the World on our last trip (she had badly broken her ankle just a week before), so I've seen the astonishing ways in which a person in a wheelchair suddenly becomes just another obstacle to some rude visitors; you're more like a trash can or a barrier to climb over than a person. But, wow, that is a special kind of paranoia right there. :sad1:

3) This last one is also from the trip in January, but a few days later, in DHS. We were all eating lunch at 50's PTC. There was a family at a table near us with a little girl named Sophia, who was 6 years old. She kept coming over throughout the ENTIRE meal and telling us knock knock jokes and asking all about us. She was so cute! :cutie: She even took pictures with us! She absolutely made our day, and her family didn't even mind. It was adorable. :goodvibes:

On a much funnier note, if we've learned anything from this thread, it's that children up to a certain age have no fear and no filters. :rotfl:

I don't know if I would call it strange, but the one that always sticks out in my mind, and we still talk about today happened at Animal Kingdom back in 2005.

We were in line for Primeval Whirl talking to a very polite lady and her daughter and she was telling us how she usually doesn't do rides ,but her husband didn't feel well so she agreed to ride Primeval Whirl with her DD while husband sat it out. We ended up seated in the same ride car with her. Well as soon as the ride vehicle makes makes it to the top of the hill and starts to spin, the very polite lady begins to let out a string us curses that would make a pirate blush!! The spends the entire ride screaming profanities at the top of her lungs, while crushing my left arm in the process! We still laugh about this![/QUOTreaE]

Reminds me of how California Screaming got it's new name in Disneyland.

I have never been the best coaster rider. For the most part the rides at WDW and DL are so tame they just make me giggle WDW's are just rides. Get me on one of those REAL coasters US and I am paralized.

Somehow my group of Disney travel buddies convinced me to ride California Screaming in CA at Disneyland. Seemed tame enough - I ride RRC at HS and that's very tame and also has an inversion.

Well, the zero to 600 in 10 inches threw me right into screams of ...... Oh SH--!!! for the entire ride. When I got off my friends nearly fell down laughing. This is a FAMILY park!

Now I'm the duty photographer on solid ground and the ride has been renamed the Oh SH--!!

I swear ppl never cease to amaze me! I mean did they even think before they spoke.. I doubt it! I have to say most of you handled it way better than I would have..

Otherwise this thread is hilarious! Reminds me a bit of the funniest thing that happened to you in WDW thread..

Last spring, I was in WDW for a golf tournament with my college team. It was a very hot and sunny week, and being from the northeast, I got quite a bit of sun on the course, and my cheeks and nose were as red as a lobster. Toy Story Mania had just opened, and my family and I hoped to get a few rides in. But, as you know, if you aren't at TSM as the park opens, you can bet you'll be waiting for a long time. As we resigned ourselves to an evening of waiting in line, a man walks up to us and asks how many people we have in our party, saying that we all looked extremely hot and uncomfortable (which we were). We say four, and he tells us that he has extra fastpasses for TSM that he would like to give us. I would have assumed that our meeting would end there, but he gets in the fastpass line with us, and ends up riding TSM with us. He was a very nice guy, but it was just a bit odd that a grown man in his late 40's would join up with our family. It ends up that he takes us around to ToT and RNRC with this seemingly magical fastpass he has, which he flashes to the CMs and then we just go right in. He and my dad bonded over their Disney obsessions, and he invites us to come to a pin trading event in August. He gave my dad his e-mail address, and we emailed him, but never heard back from him. It certainly was strange, but also very nice, and a little magical :wizard:

Another quick one, this one from Islands of Adventure at Universal:
The Jurassic Park area was completely empty on the day we went, several years ago, and it was very hot, so we kept going on the Jurassic Park water ride. We walked on a few times, and then a woman and her son joined us in line. The boat arrived, and it was just the 6 of us, for quite a large boat. My mother, brother and I sat in the front two rows, and my father sat further back. The boy climbs into another empty row, and his mother sits directly next to my dad. For those who haven't been on the ride, the excitement begins with some raptors and a t rex taking over the control building, and you go down a water flume at the end , under the t rex. It can be startling, but it really isn't that bad (and this from a 20 year old who can't keep her eyes open on Dinosaur) Well, as we make our way up the hill, this woman latches onto my dad's arm and starts getting very nervous. And as we reach the peak and we see the t rex, she lets out a series of horrible screams, and basically throws herself onto my dad's lap in hysterics. Of course, my mother and are in tears from laughing so hard, and my father was completely mortified, he was speechless for the rest of the afternoon

That is GREAT! We saw a Santa look alike at our Target... the kids just happened to be all fresh and when they saw him the kind of froze, my middle son says I don't believ it is HIM> we head out the door and I kid you not there is this white cadillac type car with a custom plate that says SANTA-1!!!

Not at disney, but when out to dinner with my nieces one night (she was 4), she saw a man who looked like Santa, and screamed out to him! :) We were slightly embarrassed, but he didn't mind.

A service dog is any dog that is trained to help their owner work through the day. I have personally known a Chi. cross used to warm the neck of an older woman who had a disease where her muscles would get quite tight (some disease that caused great pain) and the living body heat helped more than a heating pad. Small dogs are also sometimes used as a "calming" agent or seizure detection. "Service animals" really cover more than people see. Hope that helps.
I appreciate you posting this! I have never heard that before, and it really does make sense. :thumbsup2
I have had a few interactions over the years....

Back in the early/mid 90's I went to EPCOT. At the time, to get into or out of the Living Seas, you had to ride the "elevators." :) The "elevators" had two sets of doors, one set you entered and the other exited. The "elevators" had water filled tubes through which you could see air bubbles move while the floor vibrated as the "elevator" either went "up" or "down" into the Living Seas. This was all well done and you really thought you were moving on elevators.

Of course it was all fake and all it did was provided an illusion. :thumbsup2

On the trip I was leaving the Living Seas so we had to take the "elevators" back up to the surface. ;););)

The "elevator" was packed with people and we were the last two that were able to squeeze in before the doors closed. Or so I thought. :scared1: Just as the doors closed someone ran into me and pushed/hit/shoved me and my DGF HARD on my back. :mad: It was go time. :rotfl:

I turned around and chuckled. Looking sweet and innocent were two young, not so tall women from Japan. Somehow I knew in Japan, it is part of the culture to shove and push to get as many people as possible on the subway. I figured, what the hey, fake "elevators" are close enough to a Tokyo subway! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Later,
Dan

Funny, I never remembered those elevators until you posted this! :) Terrible memory, I suppose.

waiting for husband to come from Gasparillas(sp) with my refill. I am standing next to stair case by a table. Guy walks over to me, stands right beside me and lights up his cigarette, clearly seeing that I'm using an oxygen tank:scared1:. Me to guy: If I blow up, I'm taking you with me :mad:

Good for you! That was a great thing to say to get him to see how inconsiderate he was being. How did he react??

I can't think of any of these stories, but I will post when we get back if we hear of any! :)

The last time we were at Epcot, my dh bought a pastry in France. My dd and I went to use the bathrooms in Morocco and dh sat down on a bench by Morocco. A couple sat down next to him and started:

Them: "Wow. That looks like a good pastry."
Dh: "Yes, it is. I got it at the bakery in France."
Them: "Is it really good?"
Dh: "Yes, it is. I got it at the bakery in France."
Them: "I wonder what it tastes like...."
Dh: "It tastes great. It's a Napoleon. I got it at the bakery in France."
Them: "You know... we'd love to have a taste."
Dh: "They sell them at the bakery in France."
Them: "No. We'd like a taste of yours so we'll know if it's worth buying one for ourselves."
Dh: "Are you kidding me?" (He's really hoping they're joking. Being annoying, but joking, but overall -- he felt like they were being serious.)
Them: "No. Give us a taste. Let me have a bite." And the guy reaches out.

At that point, my dh got up and walked into the Morocco area and met us coming out of the bathroom. He still isn't sure if they were joking, but if so, the joke fell flat.

We did Tower of Terror 2 years ago when my son was 3. We happened to get seated in the front row where the doors open up. My son was completely petrified :scared1: and never made a sound but he gripped my shirt and the shirt of the gentleman on the other side of him. He held onto both shirts with all of his might - the poor guy's shirt was completely wrinkled from my son gripping it so hard. I apoligized over and over and the gentleman was very kind and said no problem.

I felt like the worst parent in the world though for taking him on the Tower of Terror. He was completely silent for 10 minutes after the ride then he just starting crying and hung onto to me for dear life. We have been back to Disney twice since then and he will not go near the Tower of Terror.

My DD5 went this past sept at her insistence. She was so terrified she passed out in the stroller for 2 hours!:scared1:

We stayed at the Boardwalk in September 2010. We went to Narcoossee's at GF for dinner one night during MNSSHP and got to watch the fireworks during dinner. After dinner we took the monorail over to MK to catch a bus back to BW. We stopped in front of MK to take some pictures of the decorations that are up for the party. We have been to the party twice, but decided not to do it on this trip. The have a candy stand (trick or treat) outside and the CMs were giving candy only to people with bands. There were 3 people around DH & my ages that had just left the party & were collecting candy at the stand. I love to people watch and they kind of stood out. (Don't really know why, they just did). They walked away and a little while later we walked another direction to go to the bus stop. About 5 minutes after we get to the stop for the BW these 3 people get into line at the BW stop too. I tease DH that we must have been power walking again since we beat them to the stop.
After we get on the bus the lady looks at me and asks me if I went to *****High School and was I in the band & chorus. I did and I was. Turns out she was 2 years behind me in High School and she said I hadn't changed. ( I was 56). We kept running into them other times on the bus during the trip coming back from parks. Seems we picked the same park per day a couple of times. What are the odds of any of this?

This isnt too strange but there was a family in back of me when i was in line for the ride in Norway. First i hear the mom say "the rest of this place is just walking around, there are movies but we can watch those on youtube. I just thought why would you spend the money to go to Disney and skip stuff because you can watch it on youtube.

Then she takes her kids duffy drawing on a stick and starts waving it saying" im duffy they just invented me to make more money" Also she was like this is the longest 10 min line ive ever been in. I dont think the line took more than 10 min but it mightve moved faster for me since i was being entertained by her comments

I guess I'm in a mean mood today, but, :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: and :rolleyes:

Mine was about 10 years ago on Alien Encounter. We get seated and I have a Latin family sitting next to me with the mother/wife right next to me. I don't remember enough from my Spanish class but it was hilarious, she was so scared when anything would happen. Every time she'd scream and grab my thigh. Everyone in the place could hear her, and then I told my family about it when we exited. Even told them that I thought my wedding vows were in jeopardy at one point where the lady was getting close to grabbing. :lmao:

The last December Hubby,dd8 and myself visit the world for a few days to enjoy the beautiful christmas decorations,and we were boarding the monorail in our way the our Dinner at 1900 Park Fare,Our DD8 was wearing her beautiful Snow White Costume and to be honest (Dont want to brag about it);),She was just beautiful...princess:..We were standing there,no seats available,(its ok) and suddenly this mature,old lady give this just snooty look to my daughter (she looked at form head to toe):snooty: and said and I quote : "Since when Snow White is hispanic". Gooosh!!:eek:,I was about to loose it,but I guess she thought that we were not able to understand what she was saying,,Gees ,people we are in the 21st century and most hispanics are bilingual...My husband also heard her and decided its not worth it let it go..But I am puertorrican and a US Citizen and I am a very passionate person when it comes to defend myself and my family and I got the right to do soo..I went over to her in a very decent way and I told that it was very rude what she said and that we were able to understand EVERYTHING.. She then apologize and said that I was not her intention to offend anyone..My point is that we can just all have respect and dont matter how you looks or where u come from,we can all just get along??! and to the other PP that said that wea are not able to understand what are you saying..just dont be soo sure;)
US Army wife..

I haven't finished reading the thread because this made my jaw drop. You were definately a lot calmer (and way more mature) than I would have been:thumbsup2. My husband is Puerto Rican and my DSD is a spitting image of him. My rule of thumb when it comes to her - if she wants it and it's ok with mom and dad - she's going to get it and wear it whenever she wants. I love seeing any little girls in Princess dresses. I'm sure that your daughter looked too cute for words and the crabby lady was just jealous that she would never look that good!

We were on the Disney cruise and I walked past the Mickey pool (the foot deep pool) and saw a little girl maybe three, dripping wet, standing in the wind shivering and sobbing hysterically looking so confused. I'm not sure why everyone around her was just ignoring her :confused3 so I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped her up. Now the search to find her parents, you'd think a three year old at the pool would have parents right? uh no...I found a cast member and reported her as a child with clearly lost parents. I waited with the poor thing for maybe an hour, until a female kids club cast member came up (until then all the cast members were male and she was just not having that, she was so freaked out you didn't have the heart to just leave her). I spoke to the cast members involved after the fact and they said it took another 1/2 hour to 45 min to locate parents after I left...SHE WAS JUST LEFT AT THE POOL! What's wrong with these people? They were paging their room, paging the ship, she had the kids club band on her wrist so they had all of her identifying information from the start. The scary thing is, with as long as it took to find her parents, imagine how long she was happy playing at the pool before she realized mom and dad were gone.

This is the one post in this whole thread that seriously almost made me cry. I just can't imagine how scared that little girl was. My DD3 would have been so freaked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter