STRANGEST experience in Disney

See the guy on the castle? He found out about price of crt meal ....don't jump!

persononcastle.jpg

Earlier this year DS(9) and I went to see the Tiki Bird show. We headed to the next empty seat which was by a more senior lady and a young boy of about six years of age. DS was carrying one of the disney misting fans with him, and as we sat down, this lady got quite agitated and loud, saying don't spray that near here. She then made a big fuss about changing seats and moving away from us.
We were completely bemused by her reaction :confused3,. DS was only carrying the fan, he hadn't made any attempt to use it, and if she did have a problem with a little squirt of water, surely a polite "please, would you not let any water go on us" would have been enough?

It did take the magic away from the show for a few minutes, as I was quite embarrassed, :blush: and wondered what on earth the other people in the audience thought we had done

Maybe she was a wicked witch of the west :stir: ;) ''melting .. melting .. oh what a world .. what a world'' this would explain her aversion to even a chance of getting a drop of water on her ... :rotfl2:

shame it spoilt your tiki experience :(

Awe!

Wow what a weird lady!

Hopefully you'll go back to that show and get a chance to enjoy it without another person ruining it for you :)

Disney Sue said:
Earlier this year DS(9) and I went to see the Tiki Bird show. We headed to the next empty seat which was by a more senior lady and a young boy of about six years of age. DS was carrying one of the disney misting fans with him, and as we sat down, this lady got quite agitated and loud, saying don't spray that near here. She then made a big fuss about changing seats and moving away from us.
We were completely bemused by her reaction :confused3,. DS was only carrying the fan, he hadn't made any attempt to use it, surely a polite "please, would you not let any water go on us" would have been enough?

It did take the magic away from the show for a few minutes, as I was quite embarrassed, :blush: and wondered what on earth the other people in the audience thought we had done

First you said that he did not use the water, just the fan. Then you said that she did have a problem with a little squirt of water. The main question is did you or didn't you squirt the poor lady? If you did, you should have been the one to apoligized. The seats are close and you should have told your son before you went in to see the show not to use the fan. SO IT IS YOUR FAULT. :banana:

She said that he was carrying the fan and that he was NOT squirting the water. It wasn't her fault...the lady just freaked.

my weirdest experience in WDW was at the magic kingdom.. i was dancing with " jasmine " on main street and her wig fell of.. but not only that so did her top:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

uconn01001 said:
First you said that he did not use the water, just the fan. Then you said that she did have a problem with a little squirt of water. The main question is did you or didn't you squirt the poor lady? If you did, you should have been the one to apoligized. The seats are close and you should have told your son before you went in to see the show not to use the fan. SO IT IS YOUR FAULT. :banana:

"Hi my name is uconn01001 and I like to :stir: "
;)

I guess Tink1978 and I are reading something different than you are.

Disney Sue said:
We were completely bemused by her reaction :confused3,. DS was only carrying the fan, he hadn't made any attempt to use it, and if she did have a problem with a little squirt of water, surely a polite "please, would you not let any water go on us" would have been enough?

uconn get your facts straight. No where in her post does she mention anything about squirting the lady with water. What she said was her son made no attempt to use it, but if he did a simple please would you not let any water go on us.

courderoy said:
my weirdest experience in WDW was at the magic kingdom.. i was dancing with " jasmine " on main street and her wig fell of.. but not only that so did her top:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rotfl: My DH would have paid good money to see that!
Poor Jasmine she was prob horrified!

Um, this is more of an embarassing/angry experience for me.
We were in Frontierland watching the Spectro Magic Parade and I was sitting on a wooden rail thing on a fence. A lot of people were doing that. I'm pretty slender myself, but then this heavy-set man comes and sits on the same rail I am and breaks it. No Joke. The thing just splits and I fall on the ground. My camera drops and everything. I actually like scraped my elbow. The dude mumbled a sorry and walked away. I'm like wow, if thats all you can say...
But, anyway. I was embarassed because I fell and a lot of people were making a fuss out of it. I was also angry because of what the man did and how he didn't hardly apologize when it was clearly his fault. GRRR. True, we probably definitely weren't suppsoed to be sitting on the fence, but a lot of people were and the cast members didn't say anything to us, and there were no signs posted. All I know is that I will never ever sit on a fence again and I'll try to politely warn others to not do the same thing.

Chuck65 said:
uconn get your facts straight. No where in her post does she mention anything about squirting the lady with water. What she said was her son made no attempt to use it, but if he did a simple please would you not let any water go on us.

No need to yell but I would not expect anything less from someone from the South

uconn01001 said:
No need to yell but I would not expect anything less from someone from the South

I'm sorry, I resent that.
I'm southern and you can't judge the intelligence of a person based on where they come from. I mean if that's the only insult you have when you were in the wrong in the first place...
I don't know why you're acting the way you are, but myself, along with others don't appreciate it.

uconn01001 said:
That's tacky but I don't think all Northeners are tacky!

ummmmmmmm............I yelled? I didn't know that was possible through a computer. And go ahead and get your southern cracks in. Simple minds always revert to origin, race, religion, etc. when they can't respond with an intelligient remark. You were wrong in saying the OP had two different stories and several people called you on it. Just own up to that mistake.

uconn01001 said:

hmmm......... :stir: Was there really a need for that?

NEVER EVER FEED THE TROLLS.

uconn01001 said:
Uh-oh! Should I get started on him? No. No I won't. Where's the mods? While I know there are many debates and arguments here on the boards; direct slander such as this should not be allowed. His comment should be deleted or this thread should be locked. If I wasn't in such a good mood about going on my trip; I'd really respond to you uconn and would definately succeed in getting this thread shut down and possibly get myself banned. But it's not worth it. So, I'll refrain.

To the OP: Sorry this has happened to your thread. But there is apparently a thread killer on every board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter