Strange things guests say

That's not true is it? MK to Epcot would be quicker using the monorail, but I was pretty sure that buses run between parks. Correct me if I'm wrong, I always bring my own car so I've never attempted to use the buses, but it doesn't make sense that there wouldn't be transportation available between parks.

:rotfl2: there is no park to park service AT ALL.... hotel to park yes, transportaion center to park yes.....

To get from the MK to Epcot.
You can take the monorail to the TTC then transfer to the Epcot monorail
You can take a boat to the GF or Poly and take a bus to Epcot
You can walk to the Contempory and take a bus

etc..... etc....... etc.....

Maybe not from MK to Epcot, as you can take the monorail for that, but I know that there are busses between Epcot and AK for example.

no.... there is a bus from Epcot to the Animal Kingdom Lodge... but not the Animal Kingdom Park.

Our group was waiting in line for Dumbo and we were behind a woman who was carrying her son, who had to have been about 2-3 years old. She was talking to us about how he kept wanting to go on Snow White but she didn't want him to go on it since it's too scary for someone his age. It was so cute listening to the conversation between the boy and his mom. She would tell him that they couldn't go on Snow White, and he would go "but why momma?" And then she would explain that they can't go on because it's too scary...to which he would reply "but why momma?" This conversation went on for a little while and I can't even count how many times he said "but why momma?"

Finally, after one of the times where the mom once again said that they can't go on because the witch is too scary...the little boy asks "because she has bullets?"

Our group just started laughing so hard...it was just funny hearing that from a 2 year old. The mom explained to us that he has older brothers which is where he got that from...but we thought it was cute.

You might want to take a look at this thread... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2573200.

Of course it's possible things have changed, but I'm pretty sure I've read that they have park to park via bus (except MAYBE MK to EC)

That is a pretty long thread.... what specifically did you want me to look at?
The very first post confirms what I am saying. If you want to get from MK to AK you have to take a bus to the TTC and transfer...

In fact the AKL and AK gets alot of people confused.
While on (yet another boat) from the WL to the MK I was chatting up a family that just arrived. I asked them where they were headed (ride, restuarant etc). They answered "Animal Kingdom!" I explained that they were on a boat to the MK. They said that a CM told them to take the boat to MK and then a bus to AK. I was confused for a moment because I didn't understand why the CM wouldn't have just told them to take a bus FROM the WL..... until it dawned on me that the CM thought they wanted to get to the AKL.... NOT AK.... but they DID want to get to the park. It was 4:45 and the park was closing at 6 that day. After a breif conversation they decided to just stay at MK for the rest of the evening....

Back in 2008, my family and I were standing in line waiting to ride The Seas with Nemo and Friends. While in the cue line, there was a Brazilian tour group chanting (it was July) disrupting other guests experience. On the other side of one the walls in the cue area, a college age sounding guy screams "Go back to Europe!". :scared1: I was mortified and his buddies on the other side of the wall gave him no end of crap. At least his buddies were taking care of their loudmouth friend. (I wonder where this guy graduated as my kids 10 and 8 at the time made comments about Brazil not being in Europe)
In Brazil, they speak Portuguese - a dialect, true, but still Portuguese. If the group was on the other side of a wall, with no visual cues to tell him that the group was Brazilian, it is quite possible that the guy thought they were from Portugal, and Portugal is in Europe. Not so stupid, IMO.

Unbelievably rude and inappropriate - yes. Stupid - not necessarily.

On the boat From WL to the MK a woman was talking to her (adult) daughter about there plans for their trip. She said "we'll take the bus from MK to Epcot".... I stepped in and said that there was no bus from any park to any park.... She corrected me saying "no no no,WE bought the special park hopper pass that allows us to go FROM one park TO another on Disney transportaion....."

:rotfl2: there is no park to park service AT ALL.... hotel to park yes, transportaion center to park yes.....

To get from the MK to Epcot.
You can take the monorail to the TTC then transfer to the Epcot monorail
You can take a boat to the GF or Poly and take a bus to Epcot
You can walk to the Contempory and take a bus

etc..... etc....... etc.....

OK, your answer was incorrect. There is no park to park transport directly from the MK - they are all at the TTC. But when you say "there is no park to park service AT ALL" - that's just flat out wrong.

MK to Epcot > monorail/ferry to TTC, monorail to Epcot. (You are correct that there is no bus service to/from MK or the TTC to/from Epcot.)
MK to AK > monorail/ferry to TTC, bus to AK
MK to DHS > monorail/ferry to TTC, bust to DHS

Now here is where you were WRONG:
Epcot to MK > monorail to TTC, monorail/ferry to Epcot
Epcot to AK > direct bus
Epcot to DHS > direct bus/ferry (although you can also walk)

AK to MK > bus to TTC, monorail/ferry to MK
AK to Epcot > direct bus
AK to DHS > direct bus

DHS to MK > bus to TTC, monorail/ferry to MK
DHS to AK > direct bus
DHS to Epcot > direct bus/ferry (although you can also walk)

So you see, there is DIRECT PARK TO PARK SERVICE to/from every park except MK, at which you change transportation at the TTC.

So before you start laughing at people making "ridiculous" statements, be sure you have your own facts right.

In Brazil, they speak Portuguese - a dialect, true, but still Portuguese. If the group was on the other side of a wall, with no visual cues to tell him that the group was Brazilian, it is quite possible that the guy thought they were from Portugal, and Portugal is in Europe. Not so stupid, IMO.

Unbelievably rude and inappropriate - yes. Stupid - not necessarily.

OK, your answer was incorrect. There is no park to park transport directly from the MK - they are all at the TTC. But when you say "there is no park to park service AT ALL" - that's just flat out wrong.

MK to Epcot > monorail/ferry to TTC, monorail to Epcot. (You are correct that there is no bus service to/from MK or the TTC to/from Epcot.)
MK to AK > monorail/ferry to TTC, bus to AK
MK to DHS > monorail/ferry to TTC, bust to DHS

Now here is where you were WRONG:
Epcot to MK > monorail to TTC, monorail/ferry to Epcot
Epcot to AK > direct bus
Epcot to DHS > direct bus/ferry (although you can also walk)

AK to MK > bus to TTC, monorail/ferry to MK
AK to Epcot > direct bus
AK to DHS > direct bus

DHS to MK > bus to TTC, monorail/ferry to MK
DHS to AK > direct bus
DHS to Epcot > direct bus/ferry (although you can also walk)

So you see, there is DIRECT PARK TO PARK SERVICE to/from every park except MK, at which you change transportation at the TTC.

So before you start laughing at people making "ridiculous" statements, be sure you have your own facts right.

This lady thought there was a special "van" for park hoppers that would take you from any park to any park directly. I was just trying to tell a funny story.
Thanks for putting me in my place....

There definitely IS direct bus service from park to park :goodvibes

The only slight exception is the MK, where the buses are at the TTC... but I still consider that park to park bus service, as it takes you to the same place as if you were driving.

DW will kill me but, while walking through the parking lot at DHS she says "Wow a lot of people from Florida come here." :rotfl2:

Took my best friend and her family a few years back. We were in Animal Kingdom back in the Africa section and she loudly proclaimed, while pointing at one of the CM's...

"Loooook! A REAL LIVE AFRICAN!"

She. Did. NOT.....:headache:
Wow. I can't even....

I am a CM hired in 1989. This thread is a great example why so many of us love working here! Much of the guest commentary is hysterical, and so often incredibly wrong. We rarely interfere when the self proclaimed "expert" is schooling other guests.

At Soarin on New Year's Eve 2010, we had a wait that was nearly 6 hours!!! This was posted all over the place AND we were telling people verbally throughout the queue that the wait was 6 hours. "We don't care", "we're here to have fun!", "we'll just keep drinking" and so on.

At the blue room in front of the concourses, the fun was apparently over, and it was time to attack me personally for the wait! One lady screamed "Do you know how long I've been standing here?!!!" to which I replied "Do you know how long I'VE been standing here???" "Yeah, but YOU get PAID to stand there..: "Well maam, you don't know MUCH about Walt Disney World!"

The crowd obviously enjoyed the exchange and it caused all sorts of discussion of how CMs should be treated better. The lady eventually apologized, and I had a fellow CM walk her directly to the ride gate to board next. She came back after the ride looking for me to give me a tip!!! Your smile is good enough for me!

This is just one of literally thousands of examples of guest craziness I've witnessed.

DW will kill me but, while walking through the parking lot at DHS she says "Wow a lot of people from Florida come here." :rotfl2:

I am guilty of this too.

I would have thought you were my DH but than I saw the Yankee logo (no offense) :)

Since I loved reading this thread, I'll share a few from our most recent WDW trip.

We were on the resort monorail from the Contemporary and it had stopped at the TTC. A mother and child were getting off the ride and the child was protesting a bit. The mother kept saying "It's okay..we are going to DISNEY WORLD...don't you want to see DISNEY WORLD?" DH and I looked at each other as we think she probably meant Magic Kingdom...but why she got off at the TTC instead of continuing on the monorail was baffling. I'm not sure...maybe they just wanted to take the boat? We will never know! :confused3

Also we decided to spend a little time this trip on Tom Sawyers ISLAND. My husband kept INSISTING there was a way to just WALK off the island...back to the MK and we didn't need to take the ferry back. I think he walked around the entire island, sure at some point we could just walk right into the MK. Yes, he is a veteran WDW visitor people. Eventually we did catch the ferry back.

Also we decided to spend a little time this trip on Tom Sawyers ISLAND. My husband kept INSISTING there was a way to just WALK off the island...back to the MK and we didn't need to take the ferry back. I think he walked around the entire island, sure at some point we could just walk right into the MK. Yes, he is a veteran WDW visitor people. Eventually we did catch the ferry back.

:lmao: See the first post of page 17 of this thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I am SO glad I found this thread. It's been keeping me laughing for the past few days! Hysterical!

I've got one gem to add to the mix: the other night, while standing outside of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, a woman approached me, pointed towards the Electrical Parade (which was circling in front of the castle at this point) and asked "What kind of ride is that? Will my daughter like it?" :lmao:

Both my younger brothers, 20 & 23, refuse to ride Space Mountain anymore. They love thrill rides! However, they seriously believe that they are going to hit their heads during the ride! :lmao: We have told them so many times that wouldn't happen, why would they make a ride where you could possibly hit your head if you are a tall person. (one is 6ft & the other 6ft 4") But no matter what they say they still won't ride it. They use to when they were younger, but no more! Just a funny thing in our family! :)

Both my younger brothers, 20 & 23, refuse to ride Space Mountain anymore. They love thrill rides! However, they seriously believe that they are going to hit their heads during the ride! :lmao: We have told them so many times that wouldn't happen, why would they make a ride where you could possibly hit your head if you are a tall person. (one is 6ft & the other 6ft 4") But no matter what they say they still won't ride it. They use to when they were younger, but no more! Just a funny thing in our family! :)

I always tell my kids to NOT put their hands up on that ride... because I am always afraid they will get their fingers chopped off.....

Does anyone know the exact clearance height?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter