• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strange names....

Saw this name at work: Tong Herr

friends sil: Penny Nicholls

dh's niece: ***ian Nichole-- pronounced Asian, but double s'

Neighbors: siblings Wolfgang "Wolfie" and Somer-Skye

Girl a couple yrs behind me in school: Tijuana

Family friends: Reed Mister (Mr. Mister)
Harry Berry
Mary Carey
William "Willie" Williams

our dentist's name is 'doctor nutter' (guess he made a good choice NOT going :teeth: into proctology)

had an eye doctor who went by the name 't. fugit', his legal name was 'tempis fugit' :rolleyes:

went to highschool with-mona-lisa, nathan hale, wulf (given name wulfrano), kane (and his brother mace), echo (and her sister morning dove).

had a co-worker who named her daughter 'money' but pronounced it like in the song 'moe-nay'.

There is a guy that I have helped at my work whose named after all the members of the Beatles.

Once had a neighbor named Bud Blood.
My sister had a friend named Phyllis Fink.

There's a urologist in this area named Dr. Leake.

Also, years ago at work, had to correspond frequently with a man named Stan A. Hole.

I went to high school with a guy named Dick Bush...no joke!

Our biology teacher in high school was Mr. Blood.

I went to school with a girl whose initials where PMS.

We lived down the street from a family named Horr. (pronounced Haw) Of course everyone called it the Horr House!

I had a sales rep that I worked with named Tom Crew and whenever he would call for me, the office manager would announce over the walkie talkie that "Tom Crew's on line one."

My friend's last name is Snow and her daughter married a guy whose last name is White. You guessed it...she hyphenated!! Her name is Kim Snow-White!!! I hate hyphenated names, but if that was going to be my name I would too!!!

PrincessMom2002 said:
Recently a friend who works at an urgent care said that there were twins who came in. One was named Orangejello (pronouned O'ronjello) and one was Lemonjello (pronounced Le'monjello). I had heard about them years before but I thought it was a joke.

iWhere in Ohio do you live? Years ago, my DD had a friend whose mother was a techer. She had twins in her class with the same names. We have told hundreds of people about them. Just always thought it was so funny. I wonder if it's the same set. In fact, when I saw this thread I was going to post about them.

We also have a Dusry Rhodes. Years ago he was a very popular radio personality. Now he is our county auditor.

madaboutMickey said:
iWhere in Ohio do you live? Years ago, my DD had a friend whose mother was a techer. She had twins in her class with the same names. We have told hundreds of people about them. Just always thought it was so funny. I wonder if it's the same set. In fact, when I saw this thread I was going to post about them.

We also have a Dusry Rhodes. Years ago he was a very popular radio personality. Now he is our county auditor.

This is so funny!! For years I thought the Orangejello/Lemonjello twins were an urban legend until DH met them. DH worked at an optometrist office and he had Orangejello and Lemonjello come into his office. This set were in their early teens. Now we all know there are multiple sets running around the world!!

I went to school with Candy Burger

My best friend taught AlPacino- pronounced as one word.

Dh worked with a girl named Natural- She said she was named that because that is the way her Mom had her.

If you want some REALLY good ones, check out the "Creaom of the Crop" on the "Utah Baby Namer" website:

http://wesclark.com/ubn/

This couple, originally from Utah, started compiling this list from real-life birth and death notices from Utah... I check it out whenever I need a good long laugh. :rotfl:

Nite0wl71 said:
:rotfl: I remember my grandmother telling about one of her co-worker's along time ago had a daughter and they named her Crystal, thier last name was Ball. Crystal Ball, LOL

OPPPS! this is 2sweetangels, I forgot that I am on my mother's computer

OT: when I was 12 or 13, one day I was so bored I was flipping through the phone book to look for people with "funny names" (don't ask -- obviously I must've been *really* bored). I found someone named Ball, Crystal, and told my mom how funny that was -- "can you believe someone would name their daughter Crystal Ball?" . She gave me a kind of funny look and mumbled, "honey, I think she's probably a drag queen"

:rotfl:

Well I have the dubious honor of having the last name of the oldest profession...Hooker. My oldest sister is named Penny. What was my mother thinking???? My second oldest sister's middle name is Gay. My name is Letitia...pronounced La-tea-sha....not like a certain part of female anatomy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter