Strange idea...do you think it would work?

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
I got to thinking (that's usually where my troubles start :)): While cruising....It could be fun to buy a few disposable cameras, attach a note to each one, and then hand it to a stranger and walk away. The note would ask the person in possession of the camera to take a fun pic, and then hand it over to another stranger to do the same, and so on, so on, until the camera was used up. Said note would then ask the last picture taker to turn the camera into guest services so that it could be delivered to my cabin. it could be fun/interesting to see the pictures others take. Do you think it would be sucessful? Do you think I'd ever see the cameras again?:confused3 This could also be a real fun thing for people doing the FE thing to do....you could pass these cameras around so you'd always have fun pics taken by fellow FE'ers :)

Honestly, I would be a little creeped out about that coming from a complete stranger. Now, if it was done within the DIS group that you are traveling with that wouldn't seem so strange to me, and you would have a better chance of seeing the cameras again.

What a fun idea!!
I'd prepare myself for not getting ALL the cameras back so I wouldn't end up feeling disappointed. But if someone handed ME one of those cameras I would definitely take part in that!
Good luck!

Agree with Lbgraves - it would probably not work well with complete strangers but maybe as part of a FE style group - or have a list of 6 people and ask that everyone take 6 shots and then deliver to the next stateroom on the list. You could then have them developed and put onto CD and then share on a flickr group or blog.

Mel
x

I think it would be a fun idea. I would definitely take a picture or two but I'm not sure how comfortable I would be asking someone else to take the camera and pass it on. I guess if you have the note attached to the camera somehow it could work. It would be a lot easier through a Dis group or FE group.

I would love to see the pictures that were taken.

I think it's a great idea! If a stranger gave one to me, I'd totally do it!

I would be prepared that some would say no, and some would probably keep the thing for themselves.... ;) but it may work!

I would brace myself for the photos you get back. My Morman friend and his bride put cameras on each table at their reception, as many couples do. One camera never made it back to them at the reception. A week later when they returned from their honeymoon, there was an envelope in their mail with the negatives and prints. His friends from law school had hyjacked the camera and taken it out drinking/partying with them after the reception. Photos def did not make it in the album!

I would brace myself for the photos you get back. My Morman friend and his bride put cameras on each table at their reception, as many couples do. One camera never made it back to them at the reception. A week later when they returned from their honeymoon, there was an envelope in their mail with the negatives and prints. His friends from law school had hyjacked the camera and taken it out drinking/partying with them after the reception. Photos def did not make it in the album!

:lmao: although that could be part of the fun!! :lmao: Just don't open them in front of the kids! ;)

We did this at our wedding 16 years ago, MOST of the pictures were not album worthy. The shocker was that the under the table nude pics we thought were hubby's college roomates was actually an older, very respectable woman from work!!
Maybe you should make sure you put a disclaimer to not hand it to a DRUNK stranger..:rotfl:

We did this at our wedding 16 years ago, MOST of the pictures were not album worthy. The shocker was that the under the table nude pics we thought were hubby's college roomates was actually an older, very respectable woman from work!!
Maybe you should make sure you put a disclaimer to not hand it to a DRUNK stranger..:rotfl:

this is soooo funny to read! I imagined the worst being blurry pics/unrecognizable pics, but 'office party nudes' never crossed my mind!!!! I was just hoping to see some great photos taken by people who attended festivities that i didn't attend. Think I'll stick with FE and DisMeets people...and perhaps a select office worker or two :rotfl2:

My mom tried the cameras on the tables at my high school graduation party. It was a huge family thing in a rented hall. No "naughty" pics but most of the cameras were picked up by young kids. Most of the pictures were extreme close ups of faces, shoes, the ceiling. And the light was bad in all of them, even if they had been good pictures to begin with.
I have a feeling you would get the same quality photos, plus some not so nice ones, if you even get the cameras back.

As a FE or DIS thing it may work and be really fun. I actually think I will suggest this to my cruise meet. But if you just pass them to random people it may be a huge waste of money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter