Strange But True

ILUVDXL

<font color=teal>What makes you think there is onl
Good morning, everyone. Here is Wednesday's edition, but before I begin, I would like to thank MaryJo for some assistance. The other day I posted that Alfred Hitchcock did not have a belly button. I did NOT say he was born without one, just that he didn't have one. Thanks to MaryJo the question is answered. It seems it was eleminated when it was sewn up after surgery. MaryJo was also kind enought to send me some very interesting facts on the Hollywood scene which I will be including in future posts. Now, on with the show..............

A donkey will sink in quicksand but a mule won't. (Don't ask, I don't know why)

Over 10,000 birds a year die from smashing into windows.

Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue. (How do that figure these things out?)

Fingernails grow 4 times faster that toenails. (Yicks! someone needs to tell that to my toenails)

The average person laughs 13 times a day. (I'll bet we're all happier that that)

Men are 6 time more likely to be stuck by lightning than women. (Fewer women golfers I suspect)

Bulls are color blind, therefore will usually charge at a matador's waving cape no matter what the color.

The Wizard of Oz was a broadway musical 37 years before the MGM movie version. It had 293 performances and then went on a tour that lasted 9 years.

Lon Chaney's great skill as a silent film actor came about as the result of his upbringing. Both of his parents were deaf-mutes, so he learned to communicate be expressive pantomime.

Austria was the very first country to ever use post cards.

Have a great day.... Kathy

OK...I want to know why the donkey sinkd and the mule doesn't!!!!

Great read as usual! :)

How interesting that Lon Chaney's folks were deaf-mutes. Talk about turning lemons into lemonade.

Thanks for posting, DxL, as always! :D

Thanks ILUVDXL :) Now I too need to know why a donkey sinks and a mule doesn't. I love this stuff:)

Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.

That's really interesting. The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island paints the ceiling of their very long front porch, sky blue to discourage birds from nesting there and it works. No nests. I find it hard to believe that owls are the only birds on Mackinac Island :)

Thanks for doing this, it was fun to read.

that is interesting!!

what is the deal with the donkey and the mule?!?! lol

i laugh constantly!! I bet I laugh like 20-30 an hour! LOL! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter