Stouffer's family size meals

quandrea

DIS Veteran
Has anyone made use of these in your villa. I'm from Canada and we don't have them here. Lots of variety, seems easy for dinners. Question is: Are they good? Is the family size generous portioning for five or am I better off with party size entrees. My husband is a big eater, so is my son and my oldest daughter is a high performance swimmer who can eat the men under the table. TIA. I know this is a pretty random question. Getting my meal planning done.

The stouffers lasagna and Mac and cheese are great! Party size is what my mom used to buy. If you have leftovers, it is usually food warmed up the next day!

Stouffers also makes a good chicken rice bake, and decent French bread pizzas. They're considered one of the better frozen food purveyors. You'll have to look at the weight / volume on the packages to choose the right size.

Thank you to all who have replied. I'm going to try the lasagna and the rice bake. Would love the Mac and cheese but dh will say that it doesn't do it for him.

Would they fit in the microwave oven in the studios?
Not the family size. The individuals, yes

I buy the lasagna when dh doesn't have time to make homemade lasagna. It's pretty good. Never had any of the other family ones

Also curious about the enchiladas.

I think the enchiladas are very good. Most of the Stouffers frozen products are very good. In fact, you may find that they are pretty much on par with many of the WDW park eateries.

If you are staying in a villa with a full size oven, that's the way to go with those huge frozen packages. Takes longer to cook, but the quality is generally better than the microwaved method. :earsboy:

Well, my Mother taught me, "if I can't say something nice, say nothing at all." o_O:scared1::eek:

Michelangelo makes a better frozen lasagna, eggplant parmigiana and other entres in small/family size portions.

Last edited:
Well, my Mother taught me, "if I can't say something nice, say nothing at all." o_O:scared1::eek:

Michelangelo makes a better frozen lasagna, eggplant parmigiana and other entres in small/family size portions.
Is this the brand you are talking about? Looks good. I'm a good Italian cook, some might say great. We have high standards. Might try these. Thanks for the heads up.

http://www.michaelangelos.com/product.php?productID=1

Been reading reviews. The products are highly spoken of. I'm going to get the lasagna and the chicken piccata

Last edited:
Is this the brand you are talking about? Looks good. I'm a good Italian cook, some might say great. We have high standards. Might try these. Thanks for the heads up.

Been reading reviews. The products are highly spoken of. I'm going to get the lasagna and the chicken piccata
I don't do too much frozen food but I do enjoy their eggplant once in a while.

Another vote for the Stouffer's Mac & Cheese. Very creamy….

We have tried the lasagna (free when offered around Thanksgiving - instead of turkey/turkey breast), their mac and cheese & stuffed peppers. They are pretty decent and fine/great once in a while/emergency, etc. When the kids were younger, kept some around when on sale. Always watch the sodium contents.

I like their eggplant parmesan. I actually had it as a sample at Costco and ended up buying a full size! I'm not really much on frozen foods, but the eggplant is tasty.

When I'm in a villa with a full size kitchen I let the lasagna thaw in the frig to cut down on the cooking time. I really count on that Stouffer's lasagna purchased at Walmart.

I just tried the Chicken Piccata and I won't buy it again. Used the BJ's Amex promo so it was pretty inexpensive, but not my favorite. I found it to be a mushy mess and not very flavorful. I eat a lot of the Stouffers at work when I don't feel like leaving and some are okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter