• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storytime townhouse @ windsor hills?

aimeeme

Earning My Ears
:confused3 I was just wondering if anyone else out there looking into renting any of the storytime properties @ Windsor hills had slow responses to rental requests. I am not intending to post something negative here but this particular condo is our first choice & we would have booked days ago(I am still very impressed with the fun theming), however after a couple of e-mails & a phone call.....still no response. Our dates are still showing availability. We are first time renters, and are a bit nervous about renting from private owners as it is. Now my feeling is if they do respond, can we trust that our paperwork/contracts etc. will be handled in a timely manner.
I feel a bit disapointed, my kids loved looking at the website & talking about staying there, They truly are fantastic properties from what I see.
Also I noticed that there are no guest book entries. From what I understand, if there are any negative posts about a property that the owner may delete them but in doing so, that it deletes all entries....even the positive entries.
Any feedback would be much appreciated.

aimee-
i sent them an email today asking a few questions and got a response already. however, i was not booking the property, i was just asking for a total quote, etc. i'll be interested to see what happens as i am considering a stay as well, spec due to the great theming. good luck-rebecca

:confused3 I was just wondering if anyone else out there looking into renting any of the storytime properties @ Windsor hills had slow responses to rental requests. I am not intending to post something negative here but this particular condo is our first choice & we would have booked days ago(I am still very impressed with the fun theming), however after a couple of e-mails & a phone call.....still no response. Our dates are still showing availability. We are first time renters, and are a bit nervous about renting from private owners as it is. Now my feeling is if they do respond, can we trust that our paperwork/contracts etc. will be handled in a timely manner.
I feel a bit disapointed, my kids loved looking at the website & talking about staying there, They truly are fantastic properties from what I see.
Also I noticed that there are no guest book entries. From what I understand, if there are any negative posts about a property that the owner may delete them but in doing so, that it deletes all entries....even the positive entries.

As a fellow Windsor Hills townhome owner, I can tell you I understand why they might seem a little bit slow right now to respond to your emails. Since Xmas our www.windsorhillsrent.com traffic has absolutely gone through the roof!

I went to Breckenridge for New Years for 5 days..purposely left my laptop at home...set email to respond to people saying I'm out of the office until Friday...thinking it'd be ok. I got home to over 500 email inquiries waiting for me...ouch! It took me all weekend..but I responded to every single one of them.

Since then, it's been averaging over 100 emails a day... it's been tough...not that I'm trying to make excuses for them, I'm just letting you know. I would suggest trying to call them if you're looking to book...email is easy to get buried in the volumes...and who knows...email isn't always the most reliable thing in the world...sometimes they do get lost and maybe they had PC problems or something similar...you never know!

You are correct about how the guest books work....owners do not have an option to delete negative posts...you have to wipe the entire guest book to delete a negative post someone made. You do have the option on the free calendar site though that hosts the guestbooks to have or not have a guestbook at all. I would ask them about it if it concerns you.

That being said, they are well known as reputable "good " owners, believe me, they didn't get to own 4 townhomes with tons of bookings by not being good at what they're doing and taking care of their guests! We (and they) work very hard at this, it's a ton of work!

Anyhow, I know they have received quite a few reviews from guests who have stayed with them, right here on this DISboard, and that says a lot, people here are pretty honest and quick to point out both good and bad experiences.

Hi Aimeeme. Why don't you phone them? The number is on their website. Depending on your long distance plan and where you live, you might be able to do it early in the morning to get a cheap long distance rate. I have booked with them also and they have been very nice. We are going there in March. Good luck! :wizard:

We have Story Time 3 booked for May 29 - June 5. I booked with them back in September. They responded fairly promptly. Within several hours of my first email, they sent a quote. Then once I decided to book and sent the booking form from their website, I had a confirmation email the next morning and our dates had already been blocked off on their website.

Keep trying. They may just be swamped.

I would keep trying. I made inquiries a week ago and got a prompt response both times. Maybe they are on vacation, sick, or flooded with email, I think their Decor really draws a lot of attn, cutest I've seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter