Storytime Orlando Townhomes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousemomof2

Mouseketeer
We are planning a stay in March 2008 with 5 adults and 3 children. Any one ever stay here. Any info would be great. TIA

Carolyn

We are staying in Storytime 3 this June, and would also love to hear the good and the bad- hopefully you will get some responses! Windsor Hills looks fabulous! :thumbsup2

We have looked at your townhomes but not available when we are going. Does it make a big difference if the pool is not south-facing? We love to have sun by the pool during the day. Also, do you see alot of Florida bugs in June around there? Do most require a 60 day full payment? Its very hard to know how close the clubhouse/pools are to the various townhomes listed. Any other info would be great.

Thanks

I hate to make anyone feel worried going into their vacation, but we have had a bad experience with the owner. I don't really want to go into all of the details on the boards, but the owner has "lied" to us. Promises were made that were not kept. Then the owner refuses to answer any further emails. I know this has happened to another DISer as well. Not the same issue, but the same lack of response. Once they have your deposit or money if you've already paid, they no longer care about you. Just our experience...

(I am referring to the Story Time owners)

I hate to make anyone feel worried going into their vacation, but we have had a bad experience with the owner. I don't really want to go into all of the details on the boards, but the owner has "lied" to us. Promises were made that were not kept. Then the owner refuses to answer any further emails. I know this has happened to another DISer as well. Not the same issue, but the same lack of response. Once they have your deposit or money if you've already paid, they no longer care about you. Just our experience...

(I am referring to the Story Time owners)

You do have me worried! I just reserved a home. Can you give me some idea on how they "lied" to you. Did you actually stay there? I only have sent them 2 emails and received a prompt response but now that I have put my deposit down, should I worry?:confused: Please let me know more. TIA

I was looking at the 6 bedroom house that they have which has great themeing. When I read their terms and conditions etc I found that they use Villa Direct as their management company. George has me worried about that.

NOw I am starting to get worried. We are staying there in Sept. Maybe I'll cancel and just forget about the deposit.

I would be curious why all of their guest books are blank, which means they've been reset. There's no way to clear out a negative comment out of your owner's guest book unless you reset it to blank, FYI.

If you have lots of glowing, positive comments there would be no reason to clear it, right?

Ok George, now you really have me worried. :eek:

I just returned from a townhouse rental from Storybook. I will tell you that renting from them was a different experience. This was my first time renting a home and to be honest I will never do it again. Most of my reasons have nothing to do with this owner but simply because I miss the luxury of being served by the pool and being able to call someone to bring me what ever I need or have forgotten to bring. It also seemed like we were always driving.

The rental process was fine I had no questions and needed no email response from them. When we arrived to pick up the keys about 1:00 I was told they couldn't give them out until 4:00. This was policy and I did know this but I was very sick and desperately needed to lay down. They weren't sympathetic at all. We stayed in the parking lot and I slept while waiting for the keys. Once we got the keys we found out the house was furthur down 192.

The house was decorated fine and the furnishings were comfortable. I was suprised to find out the pool was the size of a hot tub but even small it was nice to have it. I could lay of the couch and the kids could have some fun.

The one thing to remember and I wish I had known is if you need it you had better bring it. You will need to bring paper towels, toilet paper, soap, ect. They did supply basically everything you would need in the kitchen if you plan to cook (remember dish soap).

All in all if you are excited about staying in a rental house I think this one will satisfy you but if you are still deciding between a resort and a house I vote resort.

We knew all those things before we ever started renting and still love staying in a home. The townhouses all state that they have a splash pool and from the pictures you can tell it's smaller than a regular pool but it's nice to have. I like having the privacy and extra room. But as my friend's little grandson said to her "Everybody's different, Nanny, everybody's different." Hope it didn't completely spoil your vacation.

I did a little searching late last night, and found a DISer who stayed in Storytime 2 a week or two ago-"crazymama". She has a post over on the Universal Resorts & Hotels board, and I "hijacked" it and asked her about her stay at Storytime. She said she was very happy with the townhome, and that it was very well stocked with towels, etc.. She said check in was easy at VillaDirect as well. Also, no ant problems which apparently can be a problem sometimes to at Windsor Hills (hence the need, as George said, for exterminating service!). If you would like to read it yourself, it is the thread titled "Back from 1st visit to UO and PBH!", post #12. I am going to ask if she can post over here as well on her Storybook stay- I know I feel better after reading her reply! :thumbsup2

My family has reservations in one of the Storytime homes in early May. I am a little anxious about it because I have heard both good and bad input about these, so I will be sure to post a trip report on these boards as soon as we get back from our trip!!

I'm hoping we'll be able to report a great trip!! We are really excited about staying in Windsor Hills and the pics of these homes look wonderful!:goodvibes

Hi again. I posted earlier about our negative experiences with this owner. I've been getting alot of pm's requesting more info., and while I did respond to these, I'm afraid I'm just not on the boards enough to keep responding. As I stated before, we had 2 instances where the owner of ST townhomes was dishonest with us. We did not end up staying there. I, too, think that the townhomes look great, and the theming would be so much fun for the kids. I just wanted to give some honest feedback on what we have experienced with this owner. If you decide to stay there, I wish you the best on your vacation! :)

Hi again. I posted earlier about our negative experiences with this owner. I've been getting alot of pm's requesting more info., and while I did respond to these, I'm afraid I'm just not on the boards enough to keep responding. As I stated before, we had 2 instances where the owner of ST townhomes was dishonest with us. We did not end up staying there. I, too, think that the townhomes look great, and the theming would be so much fun for the kids. I just wanted to give some honest feedback on what we have experienced with this owner. If you decide to stay there, I wish you the best on your vacation! :)

Thanks Lucky's Mom. The problems that you had were, I'm sure, very frustrating for you. I think though, but from the little information posted here, it sounds like you had a huge, huge problems with them.

The owners not refunding your deposit after you were unable to go and telling you that they don't have an ant problem (a simple exterminator visit would end the ant invasion that may have occured for that one poster) do not seem like issues that should deter others from renting from them or having second thoughts about their long awaited vacations.

Thanks again for your perspective though!!!

Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter