Storytellers Thoughts Anyone?

Halefamilyof6

Mouseketeer
I have a breakfast and a dinner reservation for Storytellers Cafe during our next trip in a couple weeks. Has anyone been yet? How is the food for the price point...besides being Disney prices. I'd love to know what people think so far!

I don't know that it's like now, but a few years ago we enjoyed the breakfast. We thought the dinner was way overpriced for very basic food and had terrible service. I'd probably only go for dinner there again if I couldn't get in anywhere else.

My family ate at Storytellers for dinner on Tuesday night. It was our first time dining there. Dinner is currently a fixed-price meal. (I think it was a buffet before the pandemic). You choose the entree, and they bring out multiple appetizers for the table (i.e., you don’t choose the appetizers - you get all the ones listed).

We really enjoyed the food. The corn chowder to start the meal and the bread pudding to end it were probably the best parts. I ordered the roasted chicken, and it was juicy, tender, and well-seasoned. My biggest food complaint was that the potatoes were a little underdone.

The service was very slow. We waited a long time between courses, and ultimately our meal lasted over 2 hours. Our kids were pretty antsy by the end. We were just there for dinner - we didn’t have park tickets that day, so we didn’t mind the duration of the meal too much. The restaurant had only been open a few days at that point, so it’s possible that the service speed will improve over time.

I don't know that it's like now, but a few years ago we enjoyed the breakfast. We thought the dinner was way overpriced for very basic food and had terrible service. I'd probably only go for dinner there again if I couldn't get in anywhere else.
I had the same exact experience and thoughts a few years back. Breakfast wasn't enjoyable, a great way to start a day and the characters were good. Dinner though was underwhelming, overpriced and a one and done. I am hoping things have changed, lol!! But, we're on the fence on whether or not to keep the reservations!

My family ate at Storytellers for dinner on Tuesday night. It was our first time dining there. Dinner is currently a fixed-price meal. (I think it was a buffet before the pandemic). You choose the entree, and they bring out multiple appetizers for the table (i.e., you don’t choose the appetizers - you get all the ones listed).

We really enjoyed the food. The corn chowder to start the meal and the bread pudding to end it were probably the best parts. I ordered the roasted chicken, and it was juicy, tender, and well-seasoned. My biggest food complaint was that the potatoes were a little underdone.

The service was very slow. We waited a long time between courses, and ultimately our meal lasted over 2 hours. Our kids were pretty antsy by the end. We were just there for dinner - we didn’t have park tickets that day, so we didn’t mind the duration of the meal too much. The restaurant had only been open a few days at that point, so it’s possible that the service speed will improve over time.
THANK YOU! Very helpful, I was VERY confused about the appetizers, so that helps a lot. I am glad the food was overall pretty good. We have a reservation for the night we arrive after a 6-7 hour drive. The two hours sitting might be a lot after sitting in the car all day, but we won't be in a big hurry which is nice!

Had the dinner buffet, brunch and charactor breakfast. Its alright! Food not the greatest but really convenient if your staying at the hotel. Make reservations in advance. Same day reservation I had no problems. They also do or did world of color dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter