Storytellers character breakfast update

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
Just had breakfast at storyteller's and spoke to the character handler.

She said next week the characters will switch to Mickey, Pluto, chip and Dale. We did get to see kenai today before he goes into hibernation.

So another unique character meal bites the dust.

On one hand I get it. I doubt many kids are super excited to see Box Office Bomb Bear and Vaguely Familiar Racoon, but as an adult it’s sad to see a unique character experience go away to make room for yet another opportunity to meet the fab five.

I think they made the change to increase reservations. When we went last summer it was pretty slow. We have a reservation for next week so I'll see if there's been much of a change. We really like Chip and Dale so, I'm glad they will still be there.

Bummer! We have reservations for next Weds 7/11. I may just change those to Steakhouse 55 now. Kinda pricey for those 4 characters.

It might be pricey but the food is really good. This is my main reason for going here.

We've been there before & I agree that the food is good. We love the dinner buffet there too. But I *LOVE* the breakfast at Steakhouse 55. And I'd rather not spend that $$ for just those 4 characters. We've've been to DLR over 15 times as a family over the past few years & my kids are slowly outgrowing characters for the time being. We have breakfast at Minnie's on Tues :)

The other Mickey meal is becoming a Donald meal instead. They're moving Mickey to the Grand. It is a better location I think. I too do not understand why they haven't replaced the princess meal .

We have reservations in August for the “new” Storytellers breakfast and we can’t wait!

Our next Disneyland trip will be either summer or fall 2019. I am really hoping for a princess meal for that trip. My youngest is still in love with the princesses and I know she would love another meal. We did Ariels when she was 3 but have only visited the Asian parks since then and haven't had much interaction with the princesses. Fingers crossed!

If we have a reservation for 11:10 on a Friday, will the characters be there until 11:30? Also if there is a delay getting us in will the price change?

The characters are there until 10:30.

We were there on Thursday morning. Chip & Dale, Pluto, Mickey & Minnie. The good - the food was FANTASTIC!! The bad... we only saw Chip & Minnie. My kids are older and we had already seen the other 3 in the lobby the day before, so I didn't push it, but there was really no effort to make sure you see all the characters like at WDW. The Really Really Bad - the check-in process! We arrived on time, waited in line for almost 10 minutes to check in, when a 2nd hostess finally started checking in people on the iPad in addition to the computer. We checked in to the iPad at 9:22 (got in line at 9:15ish). At 9:30 I noticed that not only had people who checked in at the same time gotten seated, multiple families who checked in AFTER us were getting seated. I stepped over to check the hostess station and our ticket was JUST printing - 9:34. Yup, we got bumped back 12 minutes in line and 4 parties were seated before us. 4 more would have, at least - but I pointed out to her that the NEXT family had just checked in and clearly we had been there longer. No apology, nothing. It was a good thing the food was excellent, especially the GF breakfast...

It needed a change up...been quite a few times and while we did not book for the characters every time there I thought "man, if I was paying this much for character meal experience on a trip of a lifetime, i would be royally unhappy"

We just got back from our trip, we did Storytellers, Minnies and Surfs Up, Storytellers was definitely the worst... I felt bad as we had invited some friends from LA to meet us for brunch, and while the food was good, it could definitely be improved on the character front...

We had brunch there last December. We loved the food and the character interaction. Both chip and dale where going around and so was Pluto and the bears which neither I nor the girls knew who it was. Chip and dale danced with the girls and took pictures. We loved it. This year we were debating between goofys and Storytellers now that I know they will have basically the same characters I much rather go to Story tellers. The food is much better.

If we have a reservation for 11:10 on a Friday, will the characters be there until 11:30? Also if there is a delay getting us in will the price change?
Don't count on seeing many characters. We were there on Thursday of last week and it took us one and a half hours to see all characters and we only got to see them all because I kept complaining to several CM's. Our reservation was for 10:30am.

So the customer service from the character interaction has gone downhill since the change imo. We went last summer and we're seated promptly, met all characters more than once but this last visit was not the same experience. We were there on Thursday last week. Food was hot and fresh and delicious as I remembered from last year's visit. I absolutely love the salted caramel french toast. Last year they had a canister with extra salted caramel sauce but this year they added two new sauces so don't get mixed up with the bananas foster sauce as its not the same and not as delicious as the salted caramel sauce imo. The characters were not managed properly imo. Minnie was on the other side of the restaurant as was Chip the entire time we were there. Dale came by several times and Mickey and Pluto came by only once. You would think that they would have the characters go to each table and circle around the restaurant but they didn't and I really wanted a picture of Minnie with her hat with a butterfly on it as I love Minnie and butterflies. The CM handling the characters didn't seem to care if we got to meet Minnie or not. One of the waitresses went to Minnie and Chip and asked them to come over to our side of the room and Minnie visited a couple of tables and started to head back to the other side of the room when another waitress told her just one more table "my table" as we waited for her well after finishing our breakfast. I think this needs to be managed better so they can turn the tables over faster. I mean people wasting time sitting at a table just to meet the characters they paid to see is losing the restaurant money imo. I do love the breakfast though. I also really like the chiliquiles as well so just the food alone will get me a return visit. But my advise is give yourself plenty of time in case your experience is similar to mine. The costumes are way to cute especially Minnie's.

I wish they'd keep a rare character or two in the mix, even if it's just something like, "always Mickey, Minnie, and Chip and Dale, plus one random, rotating character." Maybe that would cause problems because people would angle for particular characters, but it would add a little interest...

Yes! I don’t understand Goofy’s and Storytellers having the same rotation. Plus it sounds like Minnie might be at these two plus the Plaza Inn. I get that the mice are huge, but couldn’t they do better than the Chipmunks everywhere? I don’t think most kids know or care about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter