• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storybook Princesses: Breakfast or dinner?

sparklemom

Mouseketeer
Any opinions on whether we should do the Norway princess character meal for breakfast or dinner? Is the food/setting better at one than the other? I was thinking that breakfast would offer more familiar food for picky eaters, but I've also heard what a hike it is to get to Norway first thing in the morning when the rest of the World Showcase isn't open yet.

Actually, Norway is easy to get to as its one of the first countries you come to after you enter thru the main entrance of Epcot. If you are coming in via the Int'l Gateway, its maybe a 10-15 minute walk.

I don't care a lot for the food at lunch and dinner, however the cold buffet offers some nice things, you can make a sandwich if nothing else! And the desserts are wonderful.

Lunch and Dinner are love it or hate it. Personally I love it! It's not all "stinky pickled herring"! :teeth: It helps if you like seafood but one could have a very nice meal with no seafood at all. Yummy lefse bread, goat cheese and Jarlsburg (best swiss in the world!), great potato salad, several other nice salads on the buffet plus a variety of seafood including shrimp. The entrees are variable but I was very pleased with the poached cod.

The dessert plate is especially nice. (Maybe it was because I was dining solo and didn't have to share it!) "Rice cream" sounds dubious but it is reeeealy good!

Did I mention they have princesses too? A nice touch, but I'd go just for the food.

The march from International Gate to Norway is actually the same distance as from the front gate, about 1/2 mile either way.

We did breakfast on our last day because our nieces are picky eaters but love breakfast foods. It was awesome, we got the first ressie of the day, we were the first ones to enter the park and after a nice stroll to Norway we were the first ones seated in the back left of the restaurant across from the kitchen, there is a wooden door and that is where the Princesses come out of. Belle was in her yellow gown and we saw Mulan, Aurora and Ariel. I think there was one more Princess to come but once the 3 year old saw Ariel (her fav) she was ready to go.

The food was very good too but the girls barely ate 2 bites, they were way to excited to eat...DH more than made up for the cost, I think he ate 3 platters of food! :rotfl:

I would definately suggest breakfast if you have picky eaters. We have gone on several occasions for breakfast and lunch. We didn't like the traditional norweign (sp) foods, breakfast is traditional american fare.

I enjoyed breakfast a lot (especially the pastries- soooo good).

I've done this for breakfast and dinner (2 separate trips) the dinner menu is weird, exotic foods, we didnt care for any! I really enjoyed the breakfast, it is served family style on tiered trays, but u can ask for them to bring as much as you can eat. The food was ok, but the character interaction was wonderful!!!! My daughter had her picture taken by a resturant review author and she is posted with sleeping beauty in her book! It really made her day!
http://www.luxurydisneyguide.com/carasfavorites_dining_area.htm#Akershus

I would definately suggest breakfast if you have picky eaters. We have gone on several occasions for breakfast and lunch. We didn't like the traditional norweign (sp) foods, breakfast is traditional american fare.

:eek: , i have 2 fussy kids and 1 fussy DH, and i booked for lunch because we don't like to be rushed in the morning, so i am concerned they won't find anything good for lunch, plus BF is not available now on the day we are at EPCOT.. :guilty:

:eek: , i have 2 fussy kids and 1 fussy DH, and i booked for lunch because we don't like to be rushed in the morning, so i am concerned they won't find anything good for lunch, plus BF is not available now on the day we are at EPCOT.. :guilty:

It'll be fine. They have a pretty plain, standard pasta dish and the cold buffet has cold cuts, your dh and kids can make a sandwich if nothing else! The desserts are wonderful. My dh is also sometimes picky and the first time we went he got the meatballs which he liked fine. The next time he got something else and hated it so he just filled up on the cold buffet. He didn't go hungry, and dd was in heaven with those princesses!

We don't like to be rushed in the morning either, which is why both times we went, even though I knew breakfast would suit us better, I did lunch. And we had a great time!

I've done this for breakfast and dinner (2 separate trips) the dinner menu is weird, exotic foods, we didnt care for any! I really enjoyed the breakfast, it is served family style on tiered trays, but u can ask for them to bring as much as you can eat. The food was ok, but the character interaction was wonderful!!!! My daughter had her picture taken by a resturant review author and she is posted with sleeping beauty in her book! It really made her day!
http://www.luxurydisneyguide.com/carasfavorites_dining_area.htm#Akershus

Great picture of your DD -- and Aurora is in her blue dress!! I didn't know she ever wore it (and, as I guess you can see from my avatar, that would be my dream character to meet). :cloud9:

There's all-you-can-eat smoked salmon at breakfast! I can get my money's worth (and everybody else's) just with that:)

It'll be fine. They have a pretty plain, standard pasta dish and the cold buffet has cold cuts, your dh and kids can make a sandwich if nothing else!

Actually the pasta dish is no longer on the menu. We were there for lunch on 9/22 and they had just rolled out a new menu that week. I had the meatloaf style dish (for the 3rd time) and it now comes with parsley-butter potatoes instead of mashed potatoes and it also has red cabbage. It was still good, but I liked the sauce they had on it previously.

DH really liked his salmon open-faced sandwich and soup. There is also sauteed chicken breast and barbecue pork sandwich. When we were there in December, the barbecue pork was on cornbread, but now it is served on an onion roll.

They also now bring the breads out in a basket to the table instead of including them on the cold bar. As far as the cold bar goes, I didn't think there was as big a selection of items as before. DH loves the seafood, so he really filled up on that.

We didn't find anything weird or strange about it at all. I also brought a menu home so if anyone has any specific questions I'll be glad to answer them!:)

Actually the pasta dish is no longer on the menu. We were there for lunch on 9/22 and they had just rolled out a new menu that week.

I also brought a menu home so if anyone has any specific questions I'll be glad to answer them!:)

Do you know what the vegetarian option is now? We have lunch reservations for January... Maybe I should switch that to breakfast now...

Great picture of your DD -- and Aurora is in her blue dress!! I didn't know she ever wore it (and, as I guess you can see from my avatar, that would be my dream character to meet). :cloud9:

Well as you can see, my
DD`s favorite Princess is Cinderella, and that was her first trip to Disney. We couldnt get the CRT that trip and Cinderella only did CRT then. But on the night of MNSSHP she was dressed up as Cinderella, wig and all and we stumbled onto Cinderella, the fairy godmother and the Coach all lit up and boy oh boy was she excited, I was crying, talk about a magical day!
I wish I knew how to insert pictures, I just started clicking away, and my DH had the video camera out! It was just wonderful!
We are squeezing in 2 days after our thanksgiving cruise in just 44 days! And we have ressies for the GF 1900 Park faire, b/c I just have to eat with prince Charming on my birthday! Although my DH insists I`ll be eating with MY Prince Charming the whole cruise!!!! He doesnt understand its just not the same! LOL!

We were there for dinner last week - I thought it was a nice change and a different experience. DH wasn't so thrilled with the menu, although the bread and sweet/cinnamon butter was great. DD's had their usual pasta and pizza. The cold buffet was OK, the salad and cheeses were good. Our ADR was for 7:50 p.m., we were taken right away, but we were RUSHED.. Epcot was closing at 9:00 - so maybe they just wanted us to eat and get out so they coud start closing up. Our server was very nice and told us not to feel rushed, but how couldn't we feel rushed when he put out the dessert plates when he put down our entrees. The princesses went by quickly and weren't very personable. I don't think we will be going back to this one.

Do you know what the vegetarian option is now? We have lunch reservations for January... Maybe I should switch that to breakfast now...

There is no vegetarian option. The choices are chicken, pork, beef, salmon, and lamb. We've had breakfast there too and enjoyed it.

There is no vegetarian option. The choices are chicken, pork, beef, salmon, and lamb. We've had breakfast there too and enjoyed it.

Hmmm. That's disappointing. Guess I should call ahead to make sure they have something for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter