storybook boats and parades

DisQueen

<font color=FF3300>Seeing it all again through my
Why does Storybook Canal Boats close one hour before parades? Is it for staging? Crowd control? Thanks for your info!

I never realized they closed them. But, my guess would be crowd control. The exit/ enterance to that ride is so close to the "street". If people were trying to get off the ride they would have no where to go.

In addition to the location as Linda mentioned, it could also be the noise factor. I'm not sure you'd even be able to hear the tour guide on the boat during the parade. So, they'd need to close it down in plenty of time to get the line through before the parade starts.

The main reason is the noise - it is pretty much impossible to hear the CM spiel while the parade is running through Fantasyland. Also, the CMs who work Storybook use the hour it is closed to work crowd control for the parades, especially immediately after, when the area has a tendency to become a huge bottleneck (between Mad Tea Party and Storybook.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter