• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Story Book Dining at Artist Point

Here's some hope: I was able to get a table for two at ~45 days out. I knew I'd gotten VERY lucky, considering the current lack of character meals. Then a week ago, I was able to add another person. I'm kind of shocked. I didn't subscribe to any alerts (although a few years ago I did a paid subscription through *********** (?) for BoG, and it worked). It was just blind luck. I'll send some positive thoughts to everyone here.

One other thing - the DISboards at one point had a reservation exchange thread, which I used a couple times. I'm not sure if it's still active.

Backstory: It's my aunt's and cousin's first time at WDW and my cousin isn't really into 'rides,' but he's super imaginative and loves interacting with stories (escape rooms, school plays). The three of us watched Once Upon a Time (it was a show on ABC several years back) together and it featured Snow White and the Evil Queen...anyway, aunt and cousin are staying two nights and going to the parks just one day, so Storybook Dining is like half of our trip. I hope more character meals return, and SOON. They're a part of what distinguishes WDW from DLR, imo.

I don’t know how helpful this is, but we booked our Spring Break trip a couple of weeks after the 60 day mark and got a Storybook reservation for 4 maybe 40 days out? I’ve had my best luck just randomly checking the website several times a week, especially if I can’t sleep in the middle of the night. Every time a dining alert website has texted it’s gone by the time I log in, but we’ve had a lot of luck just checking at odd times.
Good luck, I hope you get it!

I think it’s really cruddy character meals haven’t returned in full when they’re having full fledged indoor face to face character interactions (with hugging and normal picture taking) on the Galactic Starcruiser.
For real! I’d love for Bon voyage breakfast to come back

I think it’s really cruddy character meals haven’t returned in full when they’re having full fledged indoor face to face character interactions (with hugging and normal picture taking) on the Galactic Starcruiser.

I look at it as a really positive first step and I think we will be back to normal before you know it.

Don't forget about the Touring Plans reservation finder. You can set up a free account to use it (do not have to be a paid subscriber.)

Our reservation date was this morning. We got it at 60+7. There was nothing in a decent hour available prior to that, party of seven

I went in January. I wasn’t able to get a reservation when they came back (less than 60 days out). I signed up for alerts from multiple sites and one came through 2 days before my trip started (1/14) for the Thursday of my trip (1/20). I was only looking for one person, but had the alert set for two people.

Managed to book a table for 6 of us at 60+4 this morning. Only two times available at the extreme ends of the dinner window, but we'll happily take whatever we can get. Topolino's[Only for 3] at 60+5, Chef Mickey's Breakfast at 60+6 and Space 220 at 60+7 all had a lot of availability and were easy to get the times we wanted.

I just posed this on the March ADR cancellation thread.

I have three Story Book Dining to release for Wednesday, March 30. PM if you want to coordinate. ETA: These have been taken.
4:00 party of 2
4:20 party of 4
4:25 party of 4

Last edited:
I was able to pick up a reservation same day when I went just before Christmas

Keep trying, because that dining experience is TOTALLY worth it!! One helpful hint, in case you haven't already tried it, is to search specific times instead of the "dinner" tab. I always find more reservations under specific times (ie., 6:30) than under the general lunch or dinner tabs. Good luck!!!

Not what I wanted to hear 😭. Please let us know if you ever get a mouse alert and are able to secure a reservation. Until then will keep my fingers crossed for you
My daughter's family was at Disney World March 2-7 and I was able to get them a reservation, with an alert, about 6 days out.

We ate at Storybook last night at 430. We got the reservation yesterday morning by randomly looking, someone must have cancelled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter