Stormy Disney pictures!

Not really a storm but.....

This is right before a big one hit. You can see the gray clouds creeping up over SSR.
pix043.jpg

Here was my son (blue shirt w red sleeves), niece (pink hat) and nephew (blue & red striped shirt in bckgrnd) dancing it up one minute....

pix047.jpg

Suddenly the DJ announced he was loading up his gear due to weather...and we were a little annoyed since the kids were having such a great time and all.

Well, here is my son about 5 minutes later after we high-tailed it into the WOD store along with everyone else. The picture was an accident- that's why the angle. Oh, and yes, ds-1 slept through the whole thing :rotfl: Anyway, that's how quickly these storms can sneak up on you. It really didn't look so bad while the kids were dancing. We drove home that evening in some really awful weather that reminded me of a hurricane (or at least a really strong tropical storm) It also makes that dreaded trip home all the worse....:sad1:
pix050.jpg

Some cool cloud formations and it ended up raining pretty good not long after this.

FLASeptember06030.jpg

FLASeptember06029.jpg

FLASeptember06028.jpg

It looked like it was going to storm when we were going into MK this day, but it never did. That's Florida for you. :confused3

Florida2004185.jpg

Florida2004192.jpg

Mother nature is amazing! These pictures are oddly soothing to me??

August 26, 2007....

This is what it looked like around noon as I was riding the bus from the airport to POP...

276159548.jpg

And here is the view out of my window/door around 5:30 PM the same day as I was waiting for my mother and sister to arrive...

276160251.jpg

276160249.jpg

August 28, 2007....

And this one was taken at Epcot while waiting for Illuminations. You can see the storm - and even the lightning in the storm - building in the background. Thankfully, it never got any closer.

276252607.jpg

Waiting out a deluge packed like sardines in the SM store last week. Not even the poncho people were brave enough to venture out.
5xeqmaf.jpg

It is comforting to know I am not the onoy one who takes pictures of clouds.

AKL in the rain:

IMG_4005.jpg

The rain coming in:

IMG_3962.jpg

The same spot a few minutes later:
IMG_3960.jpg

Ya gotta love WDW in August!

This was taken the fist of June. We were on the boat from WL to MK. Look at the tree. I could hear the boat captain say they were expecting 40 mph winds.

47b7d833b3127cce857e7e3bbe3f00000026100AcOGzlm5aNmMA

great thread, this picture was one evening in August of 2006 following a storm.

475991391108_0_ALB.jpg

This is from July of 2005...I took this on the boat from WL to MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter