• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

I saw a recent YouTube video whereas it looked like some refurbishment work was going on around the Beach Club pool. I couldn’t find much information on this, does anyone know if it is still going on and if so when it will be completed? We’ll be staying there in a few weeks and just curious if it will be a downer or not.
Whoa ! - They were working on the SAB Pool back in January -- they had temporary fencing along the walkway that runs past Beaches & Cream, and access to one of the hot tubs was limited, but the rest of SAB was open. ??

Whoa ! - They were working on the SAB Pool back in January -- they had temporary fencing along the walkway that runs past Beaches & Cream, and access to one of the hot tubs was limited, but the rest of SAB was open. ??
The YouTube video was just posted yesterday, but I’m hoping it was older footage.

I saw a recent YouTube video whereas it looked like some refurbishment work was going on around the Beach Club pool. I couldn’t find much information on this, does anyone know if it is still going on and if so when it will be completed? We’ll be staying there in a few weeks and just curious if it will be a downer or not.
They are working on a couple of the bridges. The pool remains fully open. I have only heard a vague completion date of "this summer."

In the process of buying here (waiting on ROFR.) Is there anywhere that pipes in firework music? Also- where’s the best morning spot for iced coffee/latte?

My family of 5 have a reservation at BCV. We have a local couple that are friends. When they visit are they allowed in SAB with us?

My family of 5 have a reservation at BCV. We have a local couple that are friends. When they visit are they allowed in SAB with us?
YC/BC is usually pretty strict with admission to the pool area, and scan bands before entry. After confirming you are a resort guest they will give you a wristband so you can come & go, so I’d guess no.

Staying for 7 nights in May 2023! We own at Copper Creek but I rented some of my CCV points and had a transfer of BCV points. We love the Lodge but can't wait to check out stormalong bay and everything else!

I am assuming you are not in a 2BR. If you are, simply add them to the reservation. If not, you can always inquire about day passes at the front desk. It is not unheard of for day passes to be issued at BC, but it probably depends on how busy things are. There's no harm in asking.

I am assuming you are not in a 2BR. If you are, simply add them to the reservation. If not, you can always inquire about day passes at the front desk. It is not unheard of for day passes to be issued at BC, but it probably depends on how busy things are. There's no harm in asking.
As far as I know, they do not offer day passes to Bc as it is an already crowded pool and as posted they are pretty strict even for guests of BC/YC/BCV(which is understandable as finding a seat at SAB often is challenging as it is!). But I may be mistaken! But as stated if you have "room" on your reservation for extras then that would be a way around it!

Does this mean the room refurbs will be starting soon ? ??

Attachments

• 1812DFB1-E9F3-4E19-94D8-7A1B1BC59CFE.jpeg
    1812DFB1-E9F3-4E19-94D8-7A1B1BC59CFE.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
We just returned from a lovely 9 day stay at the Beach Club Villas and I am in love with this resort and the entire Boardwalk area. I thought the MK area had my heart but BCV stole it right away! We visited Riviera and while nice it just did not have the feels for me like I thought it would. Glad we added on at the Grand Floridian instead.

Anyway, back to BCV - I get why this resort is popular. I really do. We enjoyed everything about the area including several meals at Ale and Compass (those Parker House rolls!), Beaches and Cream and even enjoyed a hot dog or two from Hurricane Hannah's. Now the only complaint I have and it is minor but you could tell the rooms need updating. While our one bedroom was super clean and quite lovely (Room 120) and in a great quiet location overlooking the smoking courtyard (which rarely had anyone there by the way) - we did have several maintenance issues we reported but the most irritating was the creaking bed which was never addressed during our 9 day stay. I hope they just chose to address it once we left as I think the entire bedframe needs replacing.

Every cast member we encountered was friendly and so helpful. We hope to return to the Beach Club Villas next November as we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. And yes I am fighting the urge to add on again!

As far as I know, they do not offer day passes to Bc as it is an already crowded pool and as posted they are pretty strict even for guests of BC/YC/BCV(which is understandable as finding a seat at SAB often is challenging as it is!). But I may be mistaken! But as stated if you have "room" on your reservation for extras then that would be a way around it!
Seriously cannot imagine management issuing any Day Passes, that’s a disaster for an already crowded pool and IMO unfair to resort guests,

If we check in early in the morning (10am or so), are we allowed to use Stormalong Bay until our room is ready? I’m guessing yes but just want to double check.

Renting points for our first BCV stay. We have a studio, and are wondering a few things. 1st, I know not all rooms in BC have balconies, but from what I can tell all the ones in BCV do. Is that right? Also, any suggestions on room requests? Fireworks? Quiet areas? Nice views? Near walkway to epcot? Things like that. I am cehcking out the TP room finder but also wanted to just ask if you guys had any must do requests as the experts. Thanks!

Renting points for our first BCV stay. We have a studio, and are wondering a few things. 1st, I know not all rooms in BC have balconies, but from what I can tell all the ones in BCV do. Is that right? Also, any suggestions on room requests? Fireworks? Quiet areas? Nice views? Near walkway to epcot? Things like that. I am cehcking out the TP room finder but also wanted to just ask if you guys had any must do requests as the experts. Thanks!
Some balconies are better than others. I would request something on the 2nd floor if you want a full balcony. BCVs are not known for their views but definitely ask to not be facing the road.....those are the worst!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter