"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

we just had a waitlist come through for our Jan 2014 trip, was staying at BWV, but wanted a dedicated 2bdrm which bcv offers instead. Did I make a mistake, regarding the condition of the rooms? and the smoking areas surrounding the BCV? The road noise? Will any of these be an issue, or am I reading too much. We have stayed at BWV before and enjoyed it, but also like to try new resorts. Not sure how much SAB will be an option in Jan either.

You're definitely reading too much! ;) Every resort has issues and some depends on how much you are bothered by particular things. Smoking area? BCV is no worse than other resorts. Road noise? I had a road view room just a few weeks ago. Yes, I could hear the noise but it wasn't that loud - that road isn't like being on World Drive or anything. I also had no complaints about the condition of my particular room - it was just as good as the last room we had at BWV. But, I would guess odds are going to be a bit against swimming unless it's a warm January.

How "quiet" is the Quiet Pool at BCV? Is it open late? Kids allowed? Thx!

Kids are definitely allowed! Do not know the hours though. Had a great 2 day stay after the DVC Member Cruise! We enjoyed both the Villa Pool, and Storm Along Bay! Our next BCV stay is for F&W..coming up in October!

How "quiet" is the Quiet Pool at BCV? Is it open late? Kids allowed? Thx!

Quiet pool is a bit of a misnomer - the pools without slides and features are referred to as that but it doesn't mean they have any posted restrictions on noise. They do have signs up at the pool as to how late it's open but I can't tell you exactly.

Wow.. no wonder I could not find our member thread.. it had been 10 months since someone last posted a message here....

We need to show the BCV some love.... :yay:

Well I'm in the process of buying at DVC so I expect to post more questions for all the veterans!

I am so excited to have found this thread!

DH & I took the plunge and purchased our first DVC membership this past summer and the only home resort for us was BCV! Knowing that I can go to Disney once a year is thrilling and will “hopefully” keep me from talking about it non-stop (or so my DH thinks).:rolleyes1

We chose BCV even though we have never set a toe inside it! DH & I ate at Kouzzina on our first trip together in 2013 and loved the area. We walked around the lake and enjoyed the higher Illuminations fireworks from one of the bridges. DH can’t wait to waltz into Epcot each night for dinner. Having access to SAB and cutting down on our bus rides to the parks pushed me over the edge (but I was already teetering)!

Our first trip isn't until late Fall 2015 but reading the Disboards helps ease the wait!

DH & I took the plunge and purchased our first DVC membership this past summer and the only home resort for us was BCV! Knowing that I can go to Disney once a year is thrilling and will “hopefully” keep me from talking about it non-stop (or so my DH thinks).:rolleyes1

We chose BCV even though we have never set a toe inside it! DH & I ate at Kouzzina on our first trip together in 2013 and loved the area. We walked around the lake and enjoyed the higher Illuminations fireworks from one of the bridges. DH can’t wait to waltz into Epcot each night for dinner. Having access to SAB and cutting down on our bus rides to the parks pushed me over the edge (but I was already teetering)!

Our first trip isn't until late Fall 2015 but reading the Disboards helps ease the wait!

Welcome home! We, too, bought BCV without staying there first. We had several stays at BWV previously, so we knew we loved the area. The shorter walk to Epcot, better parking, and SAB sold us. Now that we have stayed at BCV we are SO happy with our decision! Hope you'll love it, too!

We are looking at renting points from a friend for this resort and were wondering just how big the refrigerators are in the studios and also wondering if they have a freezer in them?

We are planning on eating 50% or more of our meals from home cooked food for a number of reasons and I am wondering if I should plan to bring the plug in cooler with us.

We are looking at renting points from a friend for this resort and were wondering just how big the refrigerators are in the studios and also wondering if they have a freezer in them?

We are planning on eating 50% or more of our meals from home cooked food for a number of reasons and I am wondering if I should plan to bring the plug in cooler with us.

All studios do have a fridge ;). They are the very standard hotel fridge. I think the refrigerator is good size but the freezer is just big enough for 2 tiny ice cube trays or three water bottles flat across. Hope that helps give you a good idea in size ;). Plus the studio has a toaster and a microwave but that is it as far as cooking appliances. If you have any more questions feel free to ask ! You will love The Beach Club !!

All studios do have a fridge ;). They are the very standard hotel fridge. I think the refrigerator is good size but the freezer is just big enough for 2 tiny ice cube trays or three water bottles flat across. Hope that helps give you a good idea in size ;). Plus the studio has a toaster and a microwave but that is it as far as cooking appliances. If you have any more questions feel free to ask ! You will love The Beach Club !!

That is exactly what I needed to know. We are just going to have to bring the cooler it looks like. Planning on bringing moose and buffalo from home to cook with.

I had heard that as refrigerators in the studios at BCV needed to be replaced, they were being replaced by ones that don't have a freezer. Is there anyone here who can either confirm or deny that? Anyone here who's been in a BCV studio recently and gotten a refrigerator that didn't have a freezer compartment?

I got one without a freezer in a studio at AKV-Jambo, but not BCV.

We are checking into a BCV studio next Saturday the 29th.

I'll check the fridge and let you know. :)

How on earth did you buy on a whim amidst the mile long waiting list of people waiting (for a long time) to buy points here? baffled that you got points here to easily

I was thrilled (and relieved !) earlier this week to score 9 nights at BCV for next June. The rest of the family doesn't really get how stressful it can be wanting to get BCV every year...but I know you guys understand! I'm just SO EXCITED! It's our favorite resort.

Happy Dance!! :banana:

I know for many of the other dvc resorts that I have stayed at, there is a faq with recommended rooms and pictures? Is a list like that subsumed somewhere in this thread (I will fess up to only having read the first 3 and last 3 pages). We're having our first BCV stay next spring and I'd love to "try" to get an Epcot view of the Eiffel Tower for my daughter.

Thanks.

How on earth did you buy on a whim amidst the mile long waiting list of people waiting (for a long time) to buy points here? baffled that you got points here to easily

I may be wrong but I think that line has almost disappeared. I called last week about adding on there. I could have added right then. Could have been luck of the draw I guess. We are not sure if we want resale or direct. Direct only so we can make then 25 point or 50 point contracts. Still debating about BCV BWV

I may be wrong but I think that line has almost disappeared. I called last week about adding on there. I could have added right then. Could have been luck of the draw I guess. We are not sure if we want resale or direct. Direct only so we can make then 25 point or 50 point contracts. Still debating about BCV BWV

Oooh, that would be awesome :goodvibes. DH and I would love to add on there but never pursued it because I had heard that it would take a year or so before we could. We just love BCV and the whole Epcot resort area.

I had heard that as refrigerators in the studios at BCV needed to be replaced, they were being replaced by ones that don't have a freezer. Is there anyone here who can either confirm or deny that? Anyone here who's been in a BCV studio recently and gotten a refrigerator that didn't have a freezer compartment?

I got one without a freezer in a studio at AKV-Jambo, but not BCV.

Just wanted to pop back and let you know that we do indeed have a freezer compartment in the fridge in our studio at BCV.

Also our room is in wonderful condition. After reading many reports of the horrible state of BCV we are a bit perplexed....a few dings on the coffee table but nothing to complain about. We are very proud owners.

I know for many of the other dvc resorts that I have stayed at, there is a faq with recommended rooms and pictures? Is a list like that subsumed somewhere in this thread (I will fess up to only having read the first 3 and last 3 pages). We're having our first BCV stay next spring and I'd love to "try" to get an Epcot view of the Eiffel Tower for my daughter.

Thanks.
Hey Maddysdaddy.
This has been my go to map for BCV room locations. Hope this helps.
http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter