Stormalong Bay Slide Reopening?

lighthouse206

Earning My Ears
The slide is closed and I keep getting mixed messages from Disney Reservations regarding when it reopens. Some are saying end of January, some "early Feb". Anyone know more?

I think the Keister Coaster goes down for maintenance when this slide comes up...

We're thinking of moving our Feb 5 reservation to the Beach Club but only if the slide is open. I noticed it has been closed a lot lately? (Like a few times over the past couple years...)

Thanks for any info!

Check www.stitchkingdom.com and pick the Refurb tool from the choices at the top. Brad usually has good info on the dates for closures - he's usually more accurate than some other places.

I am staying at the Beach Club Feb 5 -10.... I have read about letter's some BC guests are receiving and some BWI people are getting. Basically....
The BC slide is down until Feb 5 and they are providing a shuttle to BWI for guests to enjoy the Kiester Coaster slide. Then the BWI is sceduled to begin maintenance on their slide around Feb 6, and those guests have gotten letters that they can use Beach Club's SAB slide/pool.

so....to me, it looks like we will get the best of both worlds! :rotfl: I've often wanted to try the Kiester Coaster slide at BWI, this will give me the chance to do that as well as the BC slide will be open again during my trip, so I am happy! :goodvibes

I am staying at the Beach Club Feb 5 -10.... I have read about letter's some BC guests are receiving and some BWI people are getting. Basically....
The BC slide is down until Feb 5 and they are providing a shuttle to BWI for guests to enjoy the Kiester Coaster slide. Then the BWI is sceduled to begin maintenance on their slide around Feb 6, and those guests have gotten letters that they can use Beach Club's SAB slide/pool.

so....to me, it looks like we will get the best of both worlds! :rotfl: I've often wanted to try the Kiester Coaster slide at BWI, this will give me the chance to do that as well as the BC slide will be open again during my trip, so I am happy! :goodvibes

Hey there - Heard the Feb 5 date for reopening - but - you may want to confirm because I have also been told by DRC that the BC doesn't reopen until Feb 11! That's my big issue - nobody seems to know. Wish there was someone "on the ground" that could commment...

Stitchkingdom says BC slide closed thru 2/6 (reopening 2/7 that would mean) and BWI slide refurb starts 2/7.

Just talked to drc... she called guest services at the BC and they said the slide now reopens feb. 10th..

We are arriving on February 7 and received the BC slide closure letter. As previous posters have mentioned, it says the slide will reopen in "early February" and that we can use the BW slide while BC slides are closed. (The rest of SAB is open.) A BW guest reported receiving a letter stating that the BW slide will close on February 7, and that BW guests could use SAB during that time. As a result, some were guessing that the SAB slide would be open by February 7.

We'd be happy with a February 10 slide opening at BC because we'd have the opportunity to use the Luna Park slide at BW for a few days and then have the BC slides available for the rest of the trip. But that's crummy for the BW guests if the Luna Park slide is closed and the BC slides are still closed, too.

I keep reading about this letter. Funny because I have two rooms booked at BC from Jan 28-Feb 4 and I haven't recieved any letters. Strange.

I keep reading about this letter. Funny because I have two rooms booked at BC from Jan 28-Feb 4 and I haven't recieved any letters. Strange.
I have 2 rooms booked for Feb 3-6, and I never got a letter either, they did mention to me when I was booking the second room that the slide would be closed. (the potential for it being cold that weekend is enough to make this not a big deal for me)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter