Stormalong Bay Rehab

ldudley

Earning My Ears
We were at BCV last week and when we arrived the lazy river section had boards around it as if work was going to be done. A couple of days later they took the boards down. A lifeguard told us they were going to start doing some painting and repairs on the bridge but they were now going to hold off for a couple of weeks because a big convention was coming. Just thought some of you might want a heads up.

HI, I really think it is time for a rehab at stormalong bay.

I hope it does not affect any of our DIS'ers trips coming up :eek:

We stayed at BC for a week in August and it was apparent that it was time for some repairs, many of the stairs (into the pool) are cracked and slanted. There were several places where the paint (underwater) was peeling off in large sections... the whirlpool area was terribly discoloured, like it needs a good paint job and sealer. I also noticed chipped tiles.. etc...

The bridge near the waterwalls was boarded up when I was there but it did not affect the pool.. you had to find another way around if you wanted to walk over that way.

Even with the apparent need for upkeep the pool is wonderful... but the rennovations definately should be done. I hope they can do it one section at a time so the pool can stay open the whole time period.

I am sure anyone there during the rennovations will be allowed to use boardwalk's luna park, there is also the BC and YC quite pools and the BCV pool.

>>^..^<<

This may seem like a silly question, but do you think the rehab will be done by July 2004. We are staying at the YC and SAB is one of the primary reasons we are staying there.

I think it will definitely be done by July 2004. Also, your right that it really didn't affect the swimming at all. It was tricky for me to find my way around it at first, but that was only because it was our first time there. It really didn't take away from the beauty of the pool, and my kids were really more interested in the slide and shallow sandy part, anyway.

Great...now I'm worried about our upcoming trip next month. We're really counting on having fun there with our 2 boys.

~DawnMaree

no, oh please...not a rehab in January....:worried:

but maybe they would upgrade us AKL concierge?;)

Can anyone help me here with the facts....when I was making our ressies for BC in the spring i could swear that I remember hearing that they had just finished a big rehab of SAB and that people were upset that they had to use the pool at BWI...
...am I crazy/confused??

feel free to correct me if I am way wrong on this (it has happened before!!!)

Just spoke with the Beach Club. Here's what they told me about what's being worked on & when it will be done...

"It WAS a small rehab of a bridge. It is already done!"

Whew!!! We're 3 weeks out and my heart stopped for a moment.

MickeyDad Thank you so much for calling the BC and getting the scoop for all of us worriers. :guilty:

princess lovers mom I do seem to remember that SAB had a total rehab awhile back. Don't know much more than that, tho.:scratchin

~DawnMaree

Hi, The slide recently had a major rehab and guests were permitted to swim at the BWI because of that.

I am glad it is not affecting upcoming DIS trips.... but this pool is definately going to need a face lift soon.

>>^..^<<

Our first trip to YC in Nov is because of the pool. Nothing had been mentioned that I saw about the condition of the pool. Took me by surprise. Thanks for making that call.......:D

We walked around SAB one night a few weeks ago while staying at BWV and thought it really looked like it needed a rehab. The bottom specifically looked bad. Not a lot of sand and big patches of paint missing on the bottom. It was at night and so we figured that they must have been rehabbing the pool. But then after having breakfast at the Cape May the following morning we saw that the pool was open...still looking like it did the night before. Maybe they just needed to replace the sand?

Anyway, I highly doubt that they'll be rehabbing it now as they are rehabbing the slide over at BWV in October and are allowing those folks to use SAB during that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter