Stormalong Bay Question

FoundNemoLostDori

Are my Mickey Ears on Straight?
Hello everyone,
I am going to be staying at the Beach Club Resort this June and I've seen all the fantastic photos on here of Stormalong Bay. My question is...........What do you do with your towels and shoes? I know this is a 3 acre waterpark and my husband does not like the idea of letting our things out of our sight. Do they have lockers? I know that 99% of the time probably noone would steal stuff, but in this day and age you never know. Thanks for any replies!

Storm Along Bay is a great pool, but its certainly not 3 acres... Are you sure your not confusing one of the water parks?

EDIT: Apperently Disney is touting it as a 3acre pool, so i guess its atleast close to that

An acre is exactly 43560 square feet, so thats 130,680 SqFt... I dont believe its that big, but none the less, its the biggest pool

Since the pool is at the resort, we didn't take anything other than towels, our coverups, and our flip flops to the pool. We just put them in a chair. Not too worried about those types of things walking off.

There are no lockers.

The entire area of Stormalong Bay is quite big but I am not sure how many acres it is, but you may be correct, Anyway we have always just left everything on our lounge chairs and have never had a problem while we were swimming. Now if you put stuff out on a chair to save it and come back later, that is a different story, since if people see the chair with stuff on it for 2-3 hours and no one using it they may ask pool personnel to move it if there are no other lounges available.

Storm Along Bay is a great pool, but its certainly not 3 acres... Are you sure your not confusing one of the water parks?
Actually it is about 2 1/2 acres to 3 acres big.At least that is what the guidebooks say.

Not to sound too ditzy or to hijack the thread but what do you do with your room key? I understand that each of us will need to show our room key to get into the pool area but do you leave your key with your towel? Or do you leave it with the attendant? Or someplace else?

I leave my cover-up, sandals and my book at the chair, but I can't bring myself to leave my Key to the World in my coverup. I have a small waterproof bag that I keep it in and it stays on my person whether I'm swimming or lounging. You can get one at REI, and other places also have waterproof containers. They make them for cameras, eye glasses, etc., and are various sizes. The one I have would fit several credit card type things, and when I'm somewhere other than Stormalong Bay, I keep some paper money in it, too, and ID if needed.

But before I got my waterproof container, when I was just at Stormalong Bay and only needed my KTTW card, I'd keep it in a plastic baggie on my person. It didn't keep it 100% dry, but it worked well enough. The card always continued to work after it went swimming with me. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

We don't take much, softsided cooler and beverages and the towels we get from the pool hamper. We stake out our lounging area and put that there and hit the pool. We can see our area and stuff, what little it is, from the pool. As for our room keys, they are plastic, mine goes in the pocket of my swim suit, wife I'm not sure what she does with it. But never had any problems with the key not working.

I'll leave my phone, games, books, shoes, and towel all at our chairs or table. I do however, keep my key with me as well.

We bought one of those plastic holders on a rope in the gift shop to hold the keys/credit card type things. We usually bring our driver's license and DDE card too since we'll get drinks from Crew's Cup lounge.

Enjoy your stay there!

They sell these at the Beach Club's Marketplace.. but they say "Beach Club" on them :) They are watertight card holders.

yhst-19202257998712_1999_6365935

Me and dd got one last year.. kept our keycards safe and dry. They hang around your neck with a special cord that will pull apart if it gets caught on anything, so it's safe.

How many keycards can you fit in this? I'm sure I'll be the one to wear it as no one else may not want to bother.

Thx very much....:goodvibes

Have stayed at YC many times and spent time at SAB many, many times. When swimming, I leave my key and other valuables in my backpack, which I then place under the chairs where we are sitting. Sometimes, I even use the backpack straps to tie it to the chair so that someone can't just walk back and casually pick up the backpack. I admit this does give me some concern and I check on my stuff frequently, but I have never had anything taken.

How many keycards can you fit in this? I'm sure I'll be the one to wear it as no one else may not want to bother.

Thx very much....:goodvibes

At first I was going to say I wasn't sure how many keycards it could hold... then I figured to just go grab one and see. I keep them in my flight bag so I found them easily!

So.. I opened my dd's (the bright pink one.. I got lime green ;) ).. and I found 2 $5 bills in it!.. YAY.. finders keepers..lol. We always kept some cash in them for pool bingo.. guess she didn't spend hers.

I got some old keycards (we keep them all), and I found it can very comfortably fit 8 keycards in it, possibly 10 if you squished. However.. it makes it kinda heavy. I liked it because it was so light and you hardly knew you wore it, but if you needed to carry more than one keycard, no problem!

At first I was going to say I wasn't sure how many keycards it could hold... then I figured to just go grab one and see. I keep them in my flight bag so I found them easily!

So.. I opened my dd's (the bright pink one.. I got lime green ;) ).. and I found 2 $5 bills in it!.. YAY.. finders keepers..lol. We always kept some cash in them for pool bingo.. guess she didn't spend hers.

I got some old keycards (we keep them all), and I found it can very comfortably fit 8 keycards in it, possibly 10 if you squished. However.. it makes it kinda heavy. I liked it because it was so light and you hardly knew you wore it, but if you needed to carry more than one keycard, no problem!

Wow - thanks for going to all that trouble. That's really helpful and great information! :thanks:

Looks like I'll be the designated card holder!!!

Thanks okay...We'll be at DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!::cheer2: :cheer2:

Wow! Everyone's been so great and helpful! Thank you very much and hopefully we'll be seeing some of you in Disney this June:goodvibes

I have seen those waterproof key holders in stores at home...I am wracking my brain, but can't remember where...Walmart? Dollar Store? I am sure they are around here and there and MUCH MUCH cheaper at home...maybe keep your eye open when you are at the stores before you go...they just seem to be sold here and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter