Stormalong Bay Or GF Beach Pool

OJMom

Earning My Ears
I apologize in advance for asking a question I'm sure has been asked before but I couldn't find the info in a search. We are booked at the Yacht Club in late August. We have stayed there for our last four trips and my kids love Stormalong Bay. But I'm itching for something different. My husband and I stayed at GF during our honeymoon and I would love to go back. While I do love the short walk to Epcot, we never get hoppers so popping over every evening from the Yacht Club isn't something we usually do. The big draw at YC for us is the pool and my kids, 13 yr old twins, are very resistant to change! So give it to me straight - how does the GF Beach Pool compare to Stormalong Bay?

My kids prefer the GF pools. But they're much younger (4, 4 and 5). Your kids may like Stormalong Bay better because of their age.

I apologize in advance for asking a question I'm sure has been asked before but I couldn't find the info in a search. We are booked at the Yacht Club in late August. We have stayed there for our last four trips and my kids love Stormalong Bay. But I'm itching for something different. My husband and I stayed at GF during our honeymoon and I would love to go back. While I do love the short walk to Epcot, we never get hoppers so popping over every evening from the Yacht Club isn't something we usually do. The big draw at YC for us is the pool and my kids, 13 yr old twins, are very resistant to change! So give it to me straight - how does the GF Beach Pool compare to Stormalong Bay?

To a teenager, it can't compare. Not. Even. Close.

To us, we prefer GF pool.

The pools aren't comparable, but GF is definitely the better overall resort IMHO. Perhaps book GF and go to one of the water parks for a day?

The GF pool is absolutely lovely. That said...they're not even in the same stratosphere as far as holding the interest of teens. Plus at YC you have an ice cream shop and arcade adjacent to the pool.

Thank you all for your replies. I guess we're staying at the Yacht Club!

Wise decision. We're early 60's, boring folks who are not that into swimming. We love StormAlong Bay. The pools at GF seemed so boring in comparison. Little kids would love the splash pad at GF tho I'm sure .

I've always wanted to try the Contemporary, but can't give up that pool at YC., especially for ablah pool like theirs. So we did Contemporary in Devember. Maybe save GF for a cool weather trip when swimming isn't as important?

We prefer the Contemporary Courtyard pool over the Beach pool. Beach pool tends to get very crowded, similar to SAB, but it is smaller than SAB. The Courtyard pool is really nice and tends to be a bit less crowded. That was our pool of choice in June when we stayed at the GFV.

I have 16 year old twins and they LOVE water parks but would not want SAB...too crowded and crazy, especially in August. They would rather go to a water park and enjoy the GF pool. Besides they much prefer GF over YC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter