Stormalong Bay hours?

goofie

Earning My Ears
Does stormalong bay close early in the evening or does it stay open late? Does it cost anything for the tubes? Is the waterslide scary?
THANKS!! :sunny:

It was open tonight at 8:30 with a lifegaurd on duty if that helps. The slide was closed.

The hours are seasonal--it's open much later in the summer (maybe 11:00pm?), I've seen it close by 6:00pm in the winter when it's cold. The slide usually closes around sunset though.

The slide is FAST but not really scarey. One piece suits are STRONGLY suggested for ladies!! I do'nt like thrill rides, but ahve no problem with that slide :)

Yes, there is a cost to rent tubes, you can do it by the hour or the day. They often run out, and keep an eye on your tube, kids seem to think they are free and will walk up and try to take your tube if you aren't using it and leave it by your chair.

You can also rent noodles.

Anne

I went down that slide in December 1997. Here I was; a
40-something woman, I have NEVER done anything like that before; I forgot to hold my nose while going under, and I was very scared. I'm glad I tried it; but I never need to do it again !
LOL ! I felt like I was drowning ! Good thing it was fast and over with soon. It's a wonderful pool area, though.

I didn't get to try it when I was there 8 years ago. This time I plan on it!! I will remember to hold my nose. I remember seeing someone on the top hosing people with water when they were going down, whether they wanted it or not.

Disney has been known to actually close pools earlier in the summer. It has to do with the mosquitos and encephalitis. If there is a breakout again this year assume the pools will once again close at dusk. Apparently at dusk the mosquitos flock to the water spots like pools and Disney does not want to get sued for encouraging you to swim. (Sorry about my spelling!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter