Storm Troopers in the Christmas Parade.

i'd rather see them throw money that way other than Avatard. Star Wars is a proven moneymaker.

I want a CS location for no other reason than to call it Admiral Snackbar.

Hmm...Sounds likes it's a trap.... for your money...

I would love a new DVC property shaped like the Death Star. I'd make my reservation for cell block AA23 and hope to find a princess there...

Awesome! I would make a reservation for cell block AA23 and hope to be rescued by not-my-brother Luke Skywalker.

1) Won't EVER happen.
2) Normal characters get hit and struck.
3) Storm Troopers would be a prime target.
4) Kids, and some adults, would love to knock them over.
5) This is the same reason Green Army Men are not at resorts.

Hey, but at least they can fight back....TDBIASWS.:thumbsup2

Hmm...Sounds likes it's a trap.... for your money...

Awesome! I would make a reservation for cell block AA23 and hope to be rescued by not-my-brother Luke Skywalker.

Jhaig can have the princess, and you Luke, but here's to hoping for the young adult before he turns evil Anakin lol :rotfl2:

On another note I would love anything Star Wars themed, I would def buy into a DVC Star Wars themed! Oh heck yes!

Jhaig can have the princess, and you Luke, but here's to hoping for the young adult before he turns evil Anakin lol :rotfl2:

Actually I have a house full of princesses already. I would settle for a slightly used landspeeder.:thumbsup2

To clarify a little, the Vader and first six stormtroopers in the Disney Christmas parade are Disney employees and Disney owned suits. The rest of the troopers were from the 501st costuming group. Since they had a little "choreography" in the front (mainly just the pose with the pyrotechnic-rigged blasters), they used Disney employees.

The Vader used in the SWW parades is a Disney employee, too. The stormtroopers seen elsewhere in the parade apart from the large 501st group are Disney's, too, as well as any troopers seen anywhere else in the park during the day. The 501st (and Rebel Legion) costume groups are kept together in the parade. We've done some other events for Disney, such as the "Last Tour to Endor" closing of the Star Tours ride, which allowed us to mingle in the park, the grand opening ceremony for the new Star Tours, and a couple corporate events held in Hollywood Studios. They even called on us to play pirates for the christening of the Disney Dream cruise ship. That was fun, considering my day job was in marketing for a financial institution at the time.

It'll be interesting to see what will happen now that Disney owns LFL. Hopefully more trooping opportunities!

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter