storm headed for FL soon? how to track it?

holden

DIS Veteran
I just heard on our local news that they are keeping an eye on a storm that might hit FL sometime early next week...that's when we'll be in WDW! Does anyone know a good website to follow this kind of info? The Weather Channel website isn't too helpful. There was a thread around here a few days ago with links to good weather sites, but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

holden said:
I just heard on our local news that they are keeping an eye on a storm that might hit FL sometime early next week...that's when we'll be in WDW! Does anyone know a good website to follow this kind of info? The Weather Channel website isn't too helpful. There was a thread around here a few days ago with links to good weather sites, but I can't find it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

http://www.accuweather.com :flower:

Hey Holden

We will be there with you! I am leaving early on 9/10 (hopefully)!! in NY we don't get a lot of Florida weather ifo until it gets really bad! Keeping my fingers crossed. I just want to get there!!

I dont know but I think there are way too many posts about weather related issues. Couldn't we try to find one that has already been started or possibly get a sticky posted? Moderator?

WedwayRocks said:
I dont know but I think there are way too many posts about weather related issues.

there are 2 on page 1.
:confused3

But if I had to guess I would say there are probably 2 to 3 new ones started everyday.

WedwayRocks said:
But if I had to guess I would say there are probably 2 to 3 new ones started everyday.
Please know I am not being rude.If they bother you and you dont want to read them,then why would you not just skip over them.I know people are worried about the storms so there are going to be lots of questions asked.

All I am saying is that the same questions get asked daily and I dont understand why people don't search before posting a topic. Just my opinion on the matter. I also don't recall stating that it bothered me. I am just posting my opinion.

Oh no............................I hadn't heard about another storm! Ughh! I hope it doesn't do anything!

Does this one have a name yet?

Please please just go away! :rolleyes1

There's a tropical depression off the coast of Miami. When I check the weather channel site it just says a chance of isolated thunderstorms in Orlando...but here's the thing, there's ALWAYS isolated thunderstorms in Orlando. Seldom have I ever went that it didn't come a downpour that lasted usually no more than 30 minutes, but the good thing is it cools everything down so its kinda nice once in a while.

That's one cool thing about Florida weather, storms usually don't last very long at all, they blow through pretty quick. The only thing that's a more sure bet is when we go to Vegas....weather predictions: sunny, sunny, sunny, sunny, sunny...LOL.

Sitting off of the coast is Tropical Depression 16. It is expected to reach Tropical Sotrm status tonight or tomorrow (and then be named Ophelia). I know this sounds strange, but it's still too early to really know what it will do as it is just sitting out there stationary. Right now the NHC has it forcasted to make landfall in St. Augustine on Saturday, but will be skirting up the coast effecting weather in south and central (and possible north) Florida all week.

Miss Jasmine said:
Sitting off of the coast is Tropical Depression 16. It is expected to reach Tropical Sotrm status tonight or tomorrow (and then be named Ophelia). I know this sounds strange, but it's still too early to really know what it will do as it is just sitting out there stationary. Right now the NHC has it forcasted to make landfall in St. Augustine on Saturday, but will be skirting up the coast effecting weather in south and central (and possible north) Florida all week.

Thanks Miss Jasmine! I feel better just knowing! Thanks for posting!

Last year I was a wreck watching the weather channel non-stop and worrying. This year I promised myself I'll be informed but won't freak out over it! Nothing I can do anyhow!

alacazander said:
Thanks Miss Jasmine! I feel better just knowing! Thanks for posting!

Last year I was a wreck watching the weather channel non-stop and worrying. This year I promised myself I'll be informed but won't freak out over it! Nothing I can do anyhow!
No problem I'll do enough worrying for everyone. Not only do I live near the coast, we have tickets for Friday's Night of Joy. UGH.

Just watched news up here in NY and they highlighted TD #16. WABC's Sam Champion just said a lot of rain will be dumped on central Florida in the next 48 hours, if that. Should not be anyting to worry about, highest it will get is Tropical Storm Ophelia. I had some Tropical Storms up here, so I am not as worried. But just for peace of mind, can anyone confirm or deny?

Be safe for the next 48 hours anyone who is down in Florida or planning to go there in the next couple of days!

WannaBeInWDW said:
Just watched news up here in NY and they highlighted TD #16. WABC's Sam Champion just said a lot of rain will be dumped on central Florida in the next 48 hours, if that. Should not be anyting to worry about, highest it will get is Tropical Storm Ophelia. I had some Tropical Storms up here, so I am not as worried. But just for peace of mind, can anyone confirm or deny?

Be safe for the next 48 hours anyone who is down in Florida or planning to go there in the next couple of days!
Well it depends. For now the NHC does not have it progressing past a Tropical Storm. However, the longer it sits out there the better the chance of it intensifying. Hopefully this TD will get moving soon. Also if it skirts closer to the coast and interacts with land it will keep it from strengthening, but if it just moves northward without some westward movement it could strenghten from the warm waters. Pretty much right now it is a watching and waiting game. Blech.

Thanks so much to all who replied. FYI - I did do a search about this before I posted, but I didn't see anything that addressed the storm (TD16) I was wondering about.

:banana: - the anti-rain dance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter