Storm force accelatron & wet rides

mhalpern

Mouseketeer
We're leaving in two weeks so it's time to put some kind of touring plan together. Can someone tell me what Storm Force Accelatron is? Is it like the teacups? It's hard to tell from the picture and description on the website.

Also which are the rides (at both US and IOA) where you get REALLY wet. I want to leave those for the end of the day so we don't have to keep getting changed.

Thanks for all your help disboarders. We're starting to get excited! :yay::yay:

Storm's Accelerator is exactly like the teacup ride at Disney. As for water rides where you will get wet:

IOA
Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges
Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls
Jurasic Park River Adventure

US
Jaws (if you sit in the wrong seat)

There are play areas in IOA where kids can get wet.

Hope this helps.

Yes, Acceletron is pretty much exactly like Alice's Mad Tea Party at MK.

Rides where you will certainly get really wet are Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges and Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, both at IoA.

Rides where you might get wet are Jurassic Park River Adventure and One Fish Two Fish at IoA, and Jaws over at the Studios. I've managed to get out of all three of these with barely a drop multiple times--just lucky I guess.

Yes, Acceletron is pretty much exactly like Alice's Mad Tea Party at MK.

Rides where you will certainly get really wet are Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges and Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls, both at IoA.

Rides where you might get wet are Jurassic Park River Adventure and One Fish Two Fish at IoA, and Jaws over at the Studios. I've managed to get out of all three of these with barely a drop multiple times--just lucky I guess.
Acceletron is like the Mad Tea Party but it's a little more intense. I only rode it once and that was enough. :sick:

On One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish...you can stay dry if you follow the song.
;)

Jurassic Park looks like you will get soaked. Maybe it depends on the seat. But I only got a minor splash each time (twice) I rode it. First time, we were in the back, second time in the front. I also leaned over in the seat, so maybe that helped.

I hate water rides, so we saved them for the end of the day. But it was a bit chilly by the time we finished JP, so we talked the kids out of skipping the other two.

Acceletron is like the Mad Tea Party but it's a little more intense. I only rode it once and that was enough. :sick:
;)
It's definitely a more intense version of teacups. The pods are free spinning, so you can start spinning/getting dizzy as soon as you're seated. No need to wait for the ride to start...:rolleyes1

We went 2 years ago and hit this ride early one day in our swim suits and rode it 20 times in a row when it openned. We were drenched after one time around, by the second time around, we couldn't have been any wetter than if we jumped in.

People pay money to shoot you with water cannons. One guy saw us come around again, and told his daughter not to waste her shot on us since we were as wet as we could be already.

We met a cute young British couple who were trying to break their parent's record for consecutive trips around that ride, so we just tagged along with them and broke their record by 5 trips !!!

Good times.

The water cannons on Popeye are mean. There are also FREE water guns on me ship, the olive that shoot down to people on the ride.

There are 25-cent water cannons on the bridge that shoot at riders of Ripsaw Falls. Just when they think they're "safe" BLAM.

I agree with the other posters you WILL get wet on Popeye & Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges and Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls. No doubt. However, I've never gotten more than a drop on me while riding Jurassic Park. I've rode in the back, front and middle but have never gotten more than a few drops on me. I thought for sure when I first road I'd get soaked but that wasn't the case.

The water cannons on Popeye are mean. There are also FREE water guns on me ship, the olive that shoot down to people on the ride.

There are 25-cent water cannons on the bridge that shoot at riders of Ripsaw Falls. Just when they think they're "safe" BLAM.

Now why would we want to shoot random people with a water cannon?:rolleyes1

:lmao::lmao:
Wiped that smug 'I went on the ride and didn't even get wet' look off their faces in a hurry. Trick is to escape to another part of the park before they figure out who did it and hope you don't meet up again.

Just imagine 40 degrees and going on the water rides! THEN going back to WWOHP for some more rides on FJ!! My shoes were soaked and I left wet footprints all the way across the bridge back to Hogsmeade.
Dudley? We had rain ponchos and STILL got soaked. Bilge Rats Rapids? Forget staying dry on that even with a tarp on you!

The little water play areas for younger kids, those little ones were SOAKED.
Also standing by the station(can't remember the name) and got wet from squirting water.

I thought storm force was a LOT worse than the teacups..another thing to
keep in mind if you have seizures ( my son does)- they have strobe lights that are pretty intense and can induce a seizure- just wanted to give a heads-up warning to anyone like my son.

I've been watching some youtube videos to try to come up with a touring plan. The drop on Jurassic park starts inside so it's impossible to get a good look at it. The website says it is an 85 foot drop - :scared1::scared1:. We don't do drops - don't do any of the big roller coasters, don't do splash mountain, don't plan to do Ripsaw Falls. So what do you think about the Jurassic park drop? For some reason being in a big boat instead of a little log makes it look not too scary. Should we do it or skip it? :confused3

Oops - meant to start a new thread. I will do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter