Stories that I have about the Boathouse restaurant in Disney Springs

https://www.disneysprings.com/attractions/vintage-amphicar-italian-water-taxi-tours/

Looking for a post-meal adventure? Take a 20-minute guided tour on the waters of Lake Buena Vista while riding in a vintage Amphicar—a rare amphibious vehicle that can drive on land and float on water.

• Schedule – Book tours from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily (weather permitting).
  • Price – $125 per car (accommodates 3-4 people).
  • Tickets – Walk-up reservations accepted at The BOATHOUSE BOATIQUE. For a limited time, receive a $25 reward toward an Amphicar Tour with a purchase of $50 or more at The BOATHOUSE or the BOATIQUE (valid receipt required).

We decided to go to Boathhouse during an adults only Food and Wine trip. I had heard their steak was amazing...my husband was very skeptical since it is known for their seafood. But he agreed.

By far the BEST steak we have ever had on Disney property. We got seated right at dusk, on the plank, and during covid so nobody else around us. Food was perfect, weather was perfect, and excellent service.

Honestly we haven't been back because 1. we had all 4 kids with us and we want to savor our steak and not deal with kids! 2. there is a fear that it will never live up to that night and will fall short.

This pic was taken from our table...amazing view!
boathouse.jpg

We’re headed to the Boathouse for the first time on 7/16. How do the amphicars work? Do we need to reserve them separately?
I haven’t been on them yet, but if your going to eat there enquire about the boat before you eat this way if there is a wait you can go eat first and your name is already on the list.

We decided to go to Boathhouse during an adults only Food and Wine trip. I had heard their steak was amazing...my husband was very skeptical since it is known for their seafood. But he agreed.

By far the BEST steak we have ever had on Disney property. We got seated right at dusk, on the plank, and during covid so nobody else around us. Food was perfect, weather was perfect, and excellent service.

Honestly we haven't been back because 1. we had all 4 kids with us and we want to savor our steak and not deal with kids! 2. there is a fear that it will never live up to that night and will fall short.

This pic was taken from our table...amazing view!
View attachment 681257
we have been to the Boathouse more times than I can count and what makes it so nice is the food is always consistantly great. By the way…..great picture.

https://www.disneysprings.com/attractions/vintage-amphicar-italian-water-taxi-tours/

Looking for a post-meal adventure? Take a 20-minute guided tour on the waters of Lake Buena Vista while riding in a vintage Amphicar—a rare amphibious vehicle that can drive on land and float on water.

• Schedule – Book tours from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM daily (weather permitting).
  • Price – $125 per car (accommodates 3-4 people).
  • Tickets – Walk-up reservations accepted at The BOATHOUSE BOATIQUE. For a limited time, receive a $25 reward toward an Amphicar Tour with a purchase of $50 or more at The BOATHOUSE or the BOATIQUE (valid receipt required).
Thank you for that helpful information.

I haven’t been on them yet, but if your going to eat there enquire about the boat before you eat this way if there is a wait you can go eat first and your name is already on the list.
Thank you. I wasn’t sure how to best “reserve” the spot!

Definitely one of my favorite places to eat! We were lucky enough to ride in the amphicar 3 years ago. It was such a highlight of our trip. The drivers/guides were so much fun as well.

Boathouse is one of our family favorites. We always go once or twice each trip. Great staff and wonderful food options.

We have yet to dine there, but the reviews have been so good, that it is on the future must list.

We have only been to the Boathouse 1 time so far. We usually only eat at Disney Springs on our arrival night. We have a tradition of trying a new restaurant every time we go. The Boathouse was amazing and so far has been our favorite. We were seated outside on the deck. It was already getting dark outside so it wasn't too hot and it was just a wonderful meal with a great view and an amazing start to our vacation. That was the first trip just DH and myself. Great memories.

The Boathouse in Disney Springs is one of my favorite restaurants. I have eaten there every time we go to DW except for once. The food is consistantly good and the service is great.

One time my wife and I had a reservation and we were running late. We called them to let them know we are still comming but running just a little late, they told us it was no problem just get here safely. When we arrived we stood in a line to the host desk and in front of me stood Pat Sajak host of Wheel of Fortune. He asked the host for a table for 4, the host said that there was a 45 minute wait. He said okay and moved over to his party. While he was speaking to the host I said to my wife “thats Pat Sajak and if he has to wait 45 minutes theres no hope for us” Now next to the host desk we gave our name and apologized for being late and the host said “we’ve been expecting you we are happy you arrived safely. Your table is ready, right this way” she immediately walked us to our table. I looked over at Mr Sajak and thought “sorry Pat”

Oh yeah, and the except for one time that I thought it might be nice to try another restaurant instead of the Boathouse since we do go to DW three or four times a year. We made a reservation at an Italian restaurant close to the boathouse. We were seated out doors and as I looked over there was the sign glowing right in front of my face “Boathouse”. Well needless to say food was not that good and the whole time that sign was glowing right in my face and I was reminded that I did not make a reservation at my favorite restaurant this trip and boy did I regret it. I never did that again. Just went to the Boathouse the other day and excellent food and service again.

Sorry to bore you all but just one more story. When I was about 6 years old in the early 60’s I was sitting in the car with my dad while my mom was shopping in the food store in NYC and I saw this strange car with propellers under the car and I asked my dad “what kind of car is that” and he told me, that car not only can drive on the street but it can also ride on the water like a boat. I never forgot that since I was so amazed that there was such a thing. So the first time I went to the boathouse and to my excitement there was the car I never forgot, and not only one of them but many of them, and you can ride on one in the lake. While I have not done that yet, every time we go my wife says to me lets go on the car but I want to wait until I am with my Grandson and Great Grandson so they can also enjoy this with me. We will be going in September. Please enjoy some of the pictures down below.
We will be eating there for the first time next Friday night. Sooo looking forward to it!

Awwww, loved the Pat Sajak story! Having been on Wheel of Fortune, I can honestly say Pat is a really nice guy :) Can't wait to try the Boathouse in a few weeks---eeeeeek!

Same here we go to the BoatHouse every trip, never had a bad meal there and the service has always been great !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter